Out and about somewhere in the hills...

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
Still just hangin'/waitin'..... the winds didn't materialize both days they forecasted 45mph+ gusts...so they had some time to get some dozer/fire line work in/get the heli's flying/etc. IF the wind doesn't rage they can make some progress.

Still kinda wrapping my head around the worst though. Can't wear the rose-colored glasses on this one. Time, wind, and weather will tell which way things go/if it burns directly above us.

Gonna trim all fuckin day.....oh boy....but it's gotta get done. Thankfully I'm doing a "stiicky" trim and not a "bag appeal trim. With FUZZY.....there were so many trichs on those little, folded up guard leaves I just took off the shit that was sticking out/w no trichs and left her nice and hairy. Just NUTS. I'm not saving trim anymore....fuck that. I have so much weed I dunno what to do with it all so hey....last thing I need to do is sweep leaves and shit off the floor and try to get some hash from it. If I run hash I'll just use bud...like I do with rosin.

28F out there this AM and still dropping. Around 20 tomorrow AM...so the gig was technically over anyway.

Thanks for the good thoughts folks. Really appreciated.

Boybelue

Insane Grower
So the outlook is a little better? Wish yall could get some precipitation to put that shit out! Finally got rain here, woke up to the power out and my freezer was at 22° from 0 so out for a while and must have got rough. Bet you could use a trim machine about now! Lol. If if takes a bad turn maybe you could adjust your drying condition's a tad to speed up the process, I think my dehu thermostat went haywire and my shit was crisp on the outside at 36 hrs, humidity was 40 at the floor and temps low 80s, I let them finish at 60% 65-70° for a couple more days. Came down before 96hrs and I like to stretch mine out and dry it as slow as possible. If it's cold enough I've went 2 wks, the slower the better to me. So I just knew those plants were garbage but its surprisingly smooth. Hope everything goes well and you get to stay home. Stay safe!

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
A bit better for now......but this is a long term thing from what we understand...UNLESs we get some rain/snow. The forecast is for that to happen Thursday...we will see how much we get.....likely won't be enough...but it will help some. Temps mid teens Friday AM...........

With the big planters in the garage the windows are all steamed up and it's 65% humidity in there. will likely water the pots...no plants...just to keep it high....and hope we can stretch out the drying process. Last year it took 2 weeks and that was perfect. Everything right on the money...and we jarred it up and a year later...no mod...still not dust/etc.

We'll see what the day brings. 3 of us are trimming like mad right now.....I'm just up here rollin joints to keep everyone in the zone...:D

yougrowyourway

resident asshole
Site Supporter
A bit better for now......but this is a long term thing from what we understand...UNLESs we get some rain/snow. The forecast is for that to happen Thursday...we will see how much we get.....likely won't be enough...but it will help some. Temps mid teens Friday AM...........

With the big planters in the garage the windows are all steamed up and it's 65% humidity in there. will likely water the pots...no plants...just to keep it high....and hope we can stretch out the drying process. Last year it took 2 weeks and that was perfect. Everything right on the money...and we jarred it up and a year later...no mod...still not dust/etc.

We'll see what the day brings. 3 of us are trimming like mad right now.....I'm just up here rollin joints to keep everyone in the zone...:D
Came by to check on you and see where we were at. Sounds a lil more optimistic. Hoping for the best for you since you're preparing for the worse. Wish I could lend a hand trimming, truly enjoy it still. Well see how long that lasts. I love two weeks hang dries. It just so perfect for me.

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
Thanks guys.

Another calm day. Might be some wind overnight..we will see. 6300 acres burned so far. This will be a big one by the time it snows...so that's the game we are playing. As they continue to make progress they get more and more confident they will be able to keep it away from structures (us). On the flipside...there's that Wilderness thing going on...and the fire will burn up there....wherever that is....wherever it goes...until the weather puts it out. This could last months. We are feeling less freaked overall. We'll have to see some crazy wind and smoke for a few days again before I'll be too concerned. We're hopin the forecasted rain/snow/cold for Thursday does us right. If we ever needed a dump of heavy snow...it's now

Trimmed all damn day. Holy fuck. Still have a day....maybe more....we will see. I'm taking the trim crew to breakfast tomorrow so we'll get a late start...heehee. Super tell tale happening....I tried to use the same wire i used last year to hang FUZZY up by and there was no way it was gonna hold...LOL. Nothing last year was as heavy...even the 8 ft'rs...LOL.

So I need to plant a couple of those? Is that what you’re saying?

I’d love trimming at your place. Likely would set up a table and chair outside and watch mother nature while listening to the stream. Likely fall asleep while doing it lol...especially after a few hash joints.

Glad the fire is staying clear of your place of sanctuary.

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
Heehee....she's an interesting girl, for sure. Just reeks of...reek. Like I don't know what...but I think the stank is strong enough that it's one of those smells that so terpy you know it will come through on the taste. Rado says grape and peach combined...maybe so. Just really odd in a good way. She's all tops....forearm size....so it will be interesting to actually weigh her and see what she brings to the table. I usually don't weigh anything...but this one has me wondering.

Been a bit chilly til 10-11AM....but we've been opening the garage doors and that funnels a nice stereo-like creek sound right in on the trim area. Every-so-often we interrupt it all with some tunes...but I like the sound of the water as much or more than something blaring out. I pulled Lip Smack and chocolope sundae out in the sun on the garage bib and everyone else got some nice, filtered light and warmth all day. If you were here @ChronicWonders ...we'd just pull a 30 outside and let you have at it. I trim my shit still growin' in the planter....and then chop and hang the entire plant to dry. There's just too many branches to cut into em and then have to hang up a shit-ton of branches. Did that a few years...this works infinitely better for me.

Chiefed scissor hash in the bong today a bit. That shit makes trimming go by far better...LOL. Zooom....

Gonna head out for a bit in the AM and will get a visual on the fire happenings.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Site Supporter
Sending the good vibes your way again this morning stiicky. Hoping the fire keeps its distance and really hoping for some precipitation. Not that I can really make an accurate assessment through a screen but you SEEM to be keeping cool head about the situation which can only help. I would be losing my shit probably lol. Anyway, I’m just over here thinking about you, hoping for the best and wishing I could help. ✌

SSGrower

Average Grower
Pollen Chucker
Doubble edged blade with the wilderness. The feds do have the capability to exempt the use of mechanized equipment in there, (they could technically use explosives I think but nothing with wheels or a motor) there is no real feasable way to keep people safe without that kind of support. Hopefully it burns itself into a basin and this cool wet weather we are expecting calms it down so they can get a handle on the stuff thats not in wilderness.

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
We were taken off Pre-Evac notice @3PM today. The rest of "town" is still under the original notice.
We will see what the incoming moisture brings. A few inches down here might mean far more up there...but we believe it when we see it here. Hopin'! We aren't in the clear by any means. They can't do any water/slurry drops in the wilderness and it's all too steep and inaccessible to go in by foot and be sure the firefighters could get out if something were to go wrong. We need that moisture badly.

Lots of small spot fires with this one. We ate breakfast and watched the wind speeds increase...and the smoke form/blow around. No visible/raging flames...but it was windier today and there was a lot of smoke here @ the homestead this afternoon/evening. Fortunately I bought a whole house HEPA filter unit a few weeks ago...so all is well in the house.

Did more trimming today but am easing up a bit with the news. Sat Chocolope...struedel..Black Lemon Cake and Lip smack back outside on the driveway bib. They will get the chop Thurs/Fri. when we hope it gets shitty outside...

Tomorrow will be another warm/windy day...then we hope we see some relief of some sort.

yougrowyourway

resident asshole
Site Supporter
We were taken off Pre-Evac notice @3PM today. The rest of "town" is still under the original notice.
We will see what the incoming moisture brings. A few inches down here might mean far more up there...but we believe it when we see it here. Hopin'! We aren't in the clear by any means. They can't do any water/slurry drops in the wilderness and it's all too steep and inaccessible to go in by foot and be sure the firefighters could get out if something were to go wrong. We need that moisture badly.

Lots of small spot fires with this one. We ate breakfast and watched the wind speeds increase...and the smoke form/blow around. No visible/raging flames...but it was windier today and there was a lot of smoke here @ the homestead this afternoon/evening. Fortunately I bought a whole house HEPA filter unit a few weeks ago...so all is well in the house.

Did more trimming today but am easing up a bit with the news. Sat Chocolope...struedel..Black Lemon Cake and Lip smack back outside on the driveway bib. They will get the chop Thurs/Fri. when we hope it gets shitty outside...

Tomorrow will be another warm/windy day...then we hope we see some relief of some sort.
Glad to hear some good news from you. Really excited for that black lemon cake report.

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
Did a bunch of other shit outside today.....and didn't trim a fuckin thing.

The 4 girls I put outside stayed out last night and all day today. I might let Lip Smack go another week... supposed to head back into sun/the 60's-70's after a few days of cold stuff....

Lotsa smoke this afternoon ....not much fire. We will see what the moisture does to help...if anything. The slower it burns the better...
DSCN1273.JPG

Sundae Strudel (very frosty gal)
DSCN1276.JPG

DSCN1274.JPG

Ditto Blueberry Sundae. Lots of terps in this one

DSCN1275.JPG

Black Lemon Cake -

DSCN1277.JPG

DSCN1280.JPG

I’m thinking I might have to chop stuff outdoors this evening. Low 40s as highs for the next week plus rain/snow. Won’t see 50 for a couple weeks and even then it drops to 30s at night.

They’re going to rot if I let them go a few more weeks. Even if I did leave them I don’t think I’ll get what I’m hoping for so might as well salvage what I can.

Save the prime buds and give whatever to a buddy to press. I still haven’t come around to buying a press as I prefer flower/hash.

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
It did finally whip up some snow yesterday. Only a few inches down here but I'm sure it helped out.

The risk right now is easing a bit. Our trucks are still packed but we may have to unload @ some point.

Fucked off the trim again...LOL. Re-gasketed the wood stove/cleaned the flue instead. Feels good in here this AM. First fire of the season. We don't have any other permanent heat. I ripped out all the shit that causes a bill to be sent the first day I owned the place...LOL. While I'm physically able...I'll cut/burn wood. Then when I get tired of it/too old to fuck with it I'm moving to Hawaii.

So I gotta make myself go down there this AM and trim.

Bummer @ChronicWonders ....I hate not lettin em finish up properly. However...ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Not too long now before you can fire up the indoor...right?

Baja.Beaches

Insane Grower
Did a bunch of other shit outside today.....and didn't trim a fuckin thing.

The 4 girls I put outside stayed out last night and all day today. I might let Lip Smack go another week... supposed to head back into sun/the 60's-70's after a few days of cold stuff....

Lotsa smoke this afternoon ....not much fire. We will see what the moisture does to help...if anything. The slower it burns the better...
View attachment 25210

Sundae Strudel (very frosty gal)
View attachment 25211

View attachment 25212

Ditto Blueberry Sundae. Lots of terps in this one

View attachment 25213

Black Lemon Cake -

View attachment 25215

View attachment 25216
Glad to hear that you may be winding down on your fire drill!

I guess you are now way ahead on your harvest at least. I hope the drama eases up for you. Plants looks great.

stiickygreen

Old dog, new toys
Site Supporter
Not really "ahead".......more like "time to breathe". The gig was up for most of them anyway...but all of that running around for those few days there in Pre-Evac mode was crazy as fuck. I jammed a buncha shit...including my plants...in my garage....and the fuckers are so big that I am having a hard time makin space to hang em...LOL. Definitely gotta do some rearranging.... I've only chopped Fuzzy and Tally so far. A few are fully trimmed and just standing there...naked...heehee.

We're hopeful about the fire.....they posted a few things yesterday that made me feel a bit better....like them saying that the line that may have advanced into our drainage may not do so.... We will see. ANYTHING can happen....but we are lucky that this fire started Sept 8th and not July 8th........so we gotta keep thinking positive and go on normally.....or let it drive us (more) crazy.

Gonna be busy for the next few weeks for sure. Trimmin'....constructin'....cuttin' firewood...holy shit......I'm already tired....