Out and about somewhere in the hills...

I’m thinking I might have to chop stuff outdoors this evening. Low 40s as highs for the next week plus rain/snow. Won’t see 50 for a couple weeks and even then it drops to 30s at night.

They’re going to rot if I let them go a few more weeks. Even if I did leave them I don’t think I’ll get what I’m hoping for so might as well salvage what I can.

Save the prime buds and give whatever to a buddy to press. I still haven’t come around to buying a press as I prefer flower/hash.

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
It did finally whip up some snow yesterday. Only a few inches down here but I'm sure it helped out.

The risk right now is easing a bit. Our trucks are still packed but we may have to unload @ some point.

Fucked off the trim again...LOL. Re-gasketed the wood stove/cleaned the flue instead. Feels good in here this AM. First fire of the season. We don't have any other permanent heat. I ripped out all the shit that causes a bill to be sent the first day I owned the place...LOL. While I'm physically able...I'll cut/burn wood. Then when I get tired of it/too old to fuck with it I'm moving to Hawaii.

So I gotta make myself go down there this AM and trim.

Bummer @ChronicWonders ....I hate not lettin em finish up properly. However...ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Not too long now before you can fire up the indoor...right?

Baja.Beaches

Insane Grower
Did a bunch of other shit outside today.....and didn't trim a fuckin thing.

The 4 girls I put outside stayed out last night and all day today. I might let Lip Smack go another week... supposed to head back into sun/the 60's-70's after a few days of cold stuff....

Lotsa smoke this afternoon ....not much fire. We will see what the moisture does to help...if anything. The slower it burns the better...
View attachment 25210

Sundae Strudel (very frosty gal)
View attachment 25211

View attachment 25212

Ditto Blueberry Sundae. Lots of terps in this one

View attachment 25213

Black Lemon Cake -

View attachment 25215

View attachment 25216
Glad to hear that you may be winding down on your fire drill!

I guess you are now way ahead on your harvest at least. I hope the drama eases up for you. Plants looks great.

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Not really "ahead".......more like "time to breathe". The gig was up for most of them anyway...but all of that running around for those few days there in Pre-Evac mode was crazy as fuck. I jammed a buncha shit...including my plants...in my garage....and the fuckers are so big that I am having a hard time makin space to hang em...LOL. Definitely gotta do some rearranging.... I've only chopped Fuzzy and Tally so far. A few are fully trimmed and just standing there...naked...heehee.

We're hopeful about the fire.....they posted a few things yesterday that made me feel a bit better....like them saying that the line that may have advanced into our drainage may not do so.... We will see. ANYTHING can happen....but we are lucky that this fire started Sept 8th and not July 8th........so we gotta keep thinking positive and go on normally.....or let it drive us (more) crazy.

Gonna be busy for the next few weeks for sure. Trimmin'....constructin'....cuttin' firewood...holy shit......I'm already tired....

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
8 of 11 are trimmed. 2 of those sent a bit of material into the hash bags.....so only the top tops of those are actually hanging. Those were Scarlett...and Beach Wedding.

Scarlett just never brought the terps on that I know are in that strain. She will make great hash though. VERY frosty. I kept the top tops but most of the rest of her went straight into the freezer. We will see how she squishes. Sometimes those cookie strains come through in the squish when you didn't smell them at all in the initial bud.

Ditto Beach Wedding. Was hopin the Tangie side would show it's stuff....but it was mostly Wedding Cake...and a bland'ish cake at that. Not much smell past a bit of sweet and faint vanilla....but again...SUPER frosty. This gal put all of her frost on in the last week, I thought she'd be total crap 2 weeks ago...but she finally found some weight and then...the frost. Again...she'll be a great hashmaker. Should yield through the roof in the bags.

The SD crosses are all packing nice frost...and terps. Will be interesting to wade through these. All of them yielded well and stacked colas nicely. BB Sundae and Cherry Strudel are still catching a few rays....as is Lip Smack. She is definitely still packing it on/growing actively. Not as frosty yet...but i swear she smells like dark chocolate. We will see. I'm going to coax her along for a bit and see if she will finish/wind down.

Getting perfect drying conditions now in the garage. It cooled off just in the nick of time.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Site Supporter
8 of 11 are trimmed. 2 of those sent a bit of material into the hash bags.....so only the top tops of those are actually hanging. Those were Scarlett...and Beach Wedding.

Scarlett just never brought the terps on that I know are in that strain. She will make great hash though. VERY frosty. I kept the top tops but most of the rest of her went straight into the freezer. We will see how she squishes. Sometimes those cookie strains come through in the squish when you didn't smell them at all in the initial bud.

Ditto Beach Wedding. Was hopin the Tangie side would show it's stuff....but it was mostly Wedding Cake...and a bland'ish cake at that. Not much smell past a bit of sweet and faint vanilla....but again...SUPER frosty. This gal put all of her frost on in the last week, I thought she'd be total crap 2 weeks ago...but she finally found some weight and then...the frost. Again...she'll be a great hashmaker. Should yield through the roof in the bags.

The SD crosses are all packing nice frost...and terps. Will be interesting to wade through these. All of them yielded well and stacked colas nicely. BB Sundae and Cherry Strudel are still catching a few rays....as is Lip Smack. She is definitely still packing it on/growing actively. Not as frosty yet...but i swear she smells like dark chocolate. We will see. I'm going to coax her along for a bit and see if she will finish/wind down.

Getting perfect drying conditions now in the garage. It cooled off just in the nick of time.
That is awesome to hear! Excited for the outcome of the SD crosses.

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Thought of you @yougrowyourway yesterday AM as I trimmed up the Black Lemon Cake.

Another nice selection from rado...although more of a kush-like nug structure than a stacker like the SD crosses I ran this season. Not sure of the "Cake" side will come through but the "Lemon Tree" is certainly there. Gotta wonder what exactly is in the LT...cus my wife started trimming and instantly started to tear up/have an allergic reaction to her...something that only happens with ECSD crosses. Kept a buncha tops but am gonna hash some of her out as well;)

Another sunny day....the girls are goin out for some rays soon....

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Site Supporter
Thought of you @yougrowyourway yesterday AM as I trimmed up the Black Lemon Cake.

Another nice selection from rado...although more of a kush-like nug structure than a stacker like the SD crosses I ran this season. Not sure of the "Cake" side will come through but the "Lemon Tree" is certainly there. Gotta wonder what exactly is in the LT...cus my wife started trimming and instantly started to tear up/have an allergic reaction to her...something that only happens with ECSD crosses. Kept a buncha tops but am gonna hash some of her out as well;)

Another sunny day....the girls are goin out for some rays soon....
My fuckin man! Glad the trimming is coming along nicely. Sorry to hear about the lack of cake in your black lemon cakes. Got me curious about what caused the allergic reaction for Mrs stiicky.

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
The fire is still raging. It jumped their containment lines this afternoon and they evacuated 2 areas north of us. Still a long way away but anything can happen. We're gonna re-focus on the "what ifs" and keep at the ready. There are a few areas in between is and the fire that....>if< we hear are being evac'd....will raise our concerns.

Ironically...we cut 3 cords of firewood today and got some of it stacked. Gotta keep doin what we do...cus Winter/snow will be here before we are ready for it....we hope. Next Sat/Sun is the next chance of snow.

This shit is gettin old quick......

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Back on Evac. Not good. The fuckers are letting this bitch get out of control. "Let It Burn" is all we've heard....and it is. Supposed to be windy as fuck today....

I think I'm gonna cut some spears and put them in 32 gal garbage cans.....just in case we have to run.
Can't take it all...but I'm gonna grab something....

Also thinking of maybe choppin it all (or a bunch of it) into the bags and slappin em in the freezer. I could at least save it then....albeit would all end up as bubble. I can get the freezer in my truck but can't see any other way to transport these whole in plant form so they can dry...so may have to make the call.

Fuck me. We will see. Crazy shit. We're at the mercy of Government "policy" and that policy sucks big dick.

As if the Government itself follows the same rules? Hardly.

High kev

High
Back on Evac. Not good. The fuckers are letting this bitch get out of control. "Let It Burn" is all we've heard....and it is. Supposed to be windy as fuck today....

I think I'm gonna cut some spears and put them in 32 gal garbage cans.....just in case we have to run.
Can't take it all...but I'm gonna grab something....

Also thinking of maybe choppin it all (or a bunch of it) into the bags and slappin em in the freezer. I could at least save it then....albeit would all end up as bubble. I can get the freezer in my truck but can't see any other way to transport these whole in plant form so they can dry...so may have to make the call.

Fuck me. We will see. Crazy shit. We're at the mercy of Government "policy" and that policy sucks big dick.

As if the Government itself follows the same rules? Hardly.
Dam hope all goes well

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Site Supporter
It's so dry and hot here in the SE we're breaking records everyday, 99° today, in Oct, wtf? It's been hotter in Sept and Oct so far than July and August. Farmers are scared to get in the fields in case of setting their crops on fire, which happened to one farmer. A couple days ago a fool was dragging a car to the scrap yard and one wheel was down to the rim and he caught several spots down the side of the road on fire, had to call fire dept, burnt several acres. Damn dumbasses! Lol. My late finishers are so thirsty but I cant do anything about it but hope and pray for rain. At least no worries of botrytis. View attachment 24331View attachment 24332View attachment 24333View attachment 24334
All pics same bud, outdoor, Cheap Thrills x Albert Supertramp(gifted by a generous riu member to whom I'm very grateful). The nose is a fresh peeled ripe banana doused with pepper. Taste is sorta banana x juicy fruit gum mix.
533F6BCC-D336-4991-8D0E-2923F5DB020E.jpeg

Boybelue

Insane Grower
Easiest way for folks around here to get a quick fix is to round up some scrap iron or steal it and haul it off to the scrap yard. Back when they were taking catalytic converters people were robbing them left and right, car lots, even people's driveways. You would go out to crank your car up in the mourning and it would be loud as hell! Lol

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Easiest way for folks around here to get a quick fix is to round up some scrap iron or steal it and haul it off to the scrap yard. Back when they were taking catalytic converters people were robbing them left and right, car lots, even people's driveways. You would go out to crank your car up in the mourning and it would be loud as hell! Lol
Yea that happened to me lol someone hacked off my catalytic converter in the middle of the night and really fucked me over hahahah