Oscillating Fans for tents

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
What are you guys using for air circulation in your tents? That's the next thing on my to-do list, especially now that all the big box stores are putting them out now.

The clip on I have doesn't want to point in any useful direction clipped onto the pole. And the little fan I have sitting on the floor is gonna have to go when I get more plants in there.

The only thing that has come to mind so far is a wall mount attached to an old freezer shelf I can hang from the top against the wall.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I liked the tower fans. The ones that are like a tube with air vents. They take up less space than the other kind. I used monkey fans too but they were a bitch to oscilate because of negative pressure. It would block it from moving everywhere i clipped it.

I use two 6" Hurricane clip on fans on top of my tent. One points half way down the tent facing one way and the other fan faces the opposite direction. They both cause a small circulation in the room. I only have the hood in the tent. Everything else, ballast, exhaust fan and carbon filter all stay outside the tent.

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
What are you guys using for air circulation in your tents? That's the next thing on my to-do list, especially now that all the big box stores are putting them out now.

The clip on I have doesn't want to point in any useful direction clipped onto the pole. And the little fan I have sitting on the floor is gonna have to go when I get more plants in there.

The only thing that has come to mind so far is a wall mount attached to an old freezer shelf I can hang from the top against the wall.
I’m really liking my secret jardin monkey fans 30w. Little expensive but imo it’s worth it

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
My fav fan of all time was a 16inch wall mounted fan that I mounted to a length of wood and tied to ceiling of tent. It covered the whole 8x4 and when pointing down was pretty quiet.
However I have shrunk to a few smaller tents now so cant fit them in. Never buy a remote control one, if the power goes out for a second the fan wont come back on. ANALOG!!

Now im in smaller tents and trying to keep noise down I run lots of PC fans under canopy and on top and pointing on my heatsinks.
I also have some secret Jardin monkey fans, best clip on fan I have ever seen. I have an oscillating one which is 20w and moves a lot of air for a small fan. Also have a couple of static ones.

When I had my bigger tents I liked tower fans strung horizontal on bungies and air movers under canopy. But when I found the wall mounted ones I didn't need anything but them. I miss those big fuckers!! Don't take up floor space :unsure: