Organic Dry Amendments

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I had a question, which also gave me a good idea for a thread, title says it all, we make this all about dry amendments and questions ppl may have!

so to my question, I'm wondering what's everyone's "go to" for trace minerals! all the good 13 micronutrients, that most ppl never really think about out until there all gone lol, like me!

Green_256

What's a SIP?

Attachments

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I've been re using that soil for like 5 years lol, now I had to go buy bagged stuff so I don't get behind, but I want to fix this soil the best I can, and down the road maybe cut it with fresh roots 707 or something

Green_256

What's a SIP?
How about glacial rock dust, gypsum, and basalt, There is this which may help. I have been wanting to try it also http://www.thegreengro.com/product/earthshine/
I've been trying to re-work my old recycled soil recipie, since I got it tested. I'm basically trying to cut out all; nitrogen, potassium, cal, and mag(bc lvls are through the roof). but my goal is to bring up my phosphorus, and micro nutes, without adding any extra of what I'm in access of. once can get get all of my nutrients to a "decent" level, I'll cut it with fresh soil, compost and aeration! then it eill be ready to use!

I just can't decide what to cut out, how much, and what to go a tad heavier on!

here was my old recipe, and also a list of all amendments I have immediate access to right now

Attachments

quiescent

Super Active Member
In organics the calcium is also feeding the micro organisms. The plant turns soluble calcium into organic calcium upon request or can consume it if the micro organisms excrete it.

My soil always tests high but I've never had any issues. My thought process is that if you're reusing it or running no till it's better to have it always super available. Remember those soil tests are recommendations for a plant that isn't the one we're growing and hopefully the micro life in our soils are exceptionally high enough to make use of it.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
so to my question, I'm wondering what's everyone's "go to" for trace minerals! all the good 13 micronutrients, that most ppl never really think about out until there all gone lol, like me!
You want to be able to provide these trace minerals without any primary nutrients to factor into your soil mix, But you also need to be able to add these to your water schedule just in case you run into an issue during the grow.

When building soil - I recommend a combination of Glacial Rock Dust or Micronized Azomite and Basalt be added to your Soil Mix, Compost and / Or Worm Bins to ensure your plants have what they need.

Watered & Foliar Applications - Here is how I get my Cal/Mag and the 7 we tend to overlook.

ELEMENTAL by Roots Organics -This is essentially a dry form of a cal-mag
made with Calcitic Lime, Dolomitic Lime, Gypsum and Fish Protein Hydrolysate
20% Calcium
4% Magnesium

BioAg TM-7 - HumiSolve humic and fulvic acid, plus SEVEN Micronutrients and is 85% water soluble
Great for compost tea activation, foliar, hydroponic, irrigation, and hand watered applications.

Sulfur(S)........................2%
Copper (Cu)............0.31%
Boron (B).................0.37%
Iron (FE)......................1.2%
Cobalt (Co).............0.05%
Manganese (Mn)......1.2%
Molybdenum (M0)..0.1%
Zinc................................0.7%

Sativa Kid

In organics the calcium is also feeding the micro organisms. The plant turns soluble calcium into organic calcium upon request or can consume it if the micro organisms excrete it.

My soil always tests high but I've never had any issues. My thought process is that if you're reusing it or running no till it's better to have it always super available. Remember those soil tests are recommendations for a plant that isn't the one we're growing and hopefully the micro life in our soils are exceptionally high enough to make use of it.
I'm learning what you are saying as we speak. I add bone meal every time I remix my reused soil. I also add dolmite sparingly to my dechlor barrel. I initially had Calcium problems in that leaves would yellow in mid to 5th or 6th week of flower. Now as everything is balanced out My leaves stay on the plant to almost the very end when I trim them 3 days before harvest. And like you say if the Calcium is always available a little extra will not hurt.

I'm learning what you are saying as we speak. I add bone meal every time I remix my reused soil. I also add dolmite sparingly to my dechlor barrel. I initially had Calcium problems in that leaves would yellow in mid to 5th or 6th week of flower. Now as everything is balanced out My leaves stay on the plant to almost the very end when I trim them 3 days before harvest. And like you say if the Calcium is always available a little extra will not hurt.
Excess Ca can lock out other stuff like Mg and K. So extra can hurt actually.

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Been having really good luck with Kellogg's due to time constraints and it's cheap. I mix in more pumice and vermiculite.

The ratio of greensand and langbeinite

Malted barley

These are excellent top dressings and blend them with worm castings malted barley and rice hulls.

Been having really good luck with Kellogg's due to time constraints and it's cheap. I mix in more pumice and vermiculite.

The ratio of greensand and langbeinite

Malted barley

These are excellent top dressings and blend them with worm castings malted barley and rice hulls.

Do you reuse it?