Opinions? Planted 6 weeks late.

Now1more

Super Active Member
This year we weren't sure whether or not we would do an outdoor grow. Last year's crop was nabbed the night before harvest... very disheartening. I prefer indoor growing, but the yields are so much better outdoors.

Around the third week of June, if I remember correctly, we decided to pop some seeds and move forward. I put everything in the middle of July.

I grow in a no till organic soil that was tilled this year. We got a dump truck of manure that has a little of everything from my neighbor... goat, chicken, pig, and cow. $85 for a truck load can't be beat. So, we got that at the beginning of June. Raked everything flat and smooth with some asos, mycos, and EM.

Here's where your opinion comes in. I pulled about a half pound per plant. I know the soil might not have been where I wanted it and I was 6 weeks getting everything in the ground, but what do you all think I may pull next year if I had 6 more weeks of veg outdoors? All opinion and wild speculation, but your thoughts? I'd like to reference this next year at this time and see where we're at.

Thanks for playing along Paradise Family!

Now1more

Super Active Member
I agree with you both. I should double yields at the very least.

This is just for fun. Someone else in another thread said it was nice to not read politics.

We'll be expanding the garden yet again to accommodate more plants. Wife wants to plant late again because they were a very manageable size... 4 1/2 - 5 ft. I say let her rip and plant in early June. So, depends on who wins this one.

I’d say 2-3 lbs if you started them early and set them out Memorial Day Weekend. Gaining 6+ weeks of veg and train them to bush out and stay that 4-5ft height...but then they’re going to be 16 sq ft give or take...

Now1more

Super Active Member
My wife's argument is that the yields will be too much for us to trim. I say the heck with it. Better training and lollipopping better to get rid of larf is my approach. I want the yields. If I have to call my son and his friends to trim, so be it.

Again, I hope to revisit this in a year and we'll all have a solid answer. But, for now, it's fun to speculate. As my state goes into another lockdown I need a little fun!

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Highland Rogue no. All different strains next year. Trying to go with a variety of different harvest dates. Probably BOG for the shortest flowering or something with Iranian in its lineage. I stocked up on Mass Medical as those are going to dry up quick.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
@Highland Rogue no. All different strains next year. Trying to go with a variety of different harvest dates. Probably BOG for the shortest flowering or something with Iranian in its lineage. I stocked up on Mass Medical as those are going to dry up quick.
I like the rolling harvest too. I try to have a couple MOB's or Iranian crosses going for early to mid September finish. Most don't get very big, but they will finish early.

Iranian crosses? I think you're on the right track there. Just this morning I was eyeing my seed stash for possible pairings with an Iranian to make my own "Iranian Haze" to get a little more size. Bangi Haze, Moose N Lobsta, Ghost Train Haze and maybe even a pure Thai are under consideration for the pairing with an Iranian . Hoping to get a pollen chucked cross to finish with decent size by early October or sooner.

A couple of years back, Oregon Green seeds used Dr. Greenthumb fem Iranians and backcrossed them a bit, to create a "mostly Iranian" that comes in regular seeds. I've used that to make crosses as well as the fems from Greenthumb. Some were potent and sticky, some were "meh".

Which of Bog's strains are you considering for outdoor?

Now1more

Super Active Member
From what I know about Dr. Greenthumb is that his shit is hit or miss. I remember a lot of negative reviews on him, although I always wanted to try his Endless Sky.

As far as BOG goes... Sour Strawberry or Blue Kush are my first two choices. Considering his Bog Bubble or Bogglegum. I've only ever tried his Blue Moon Rocks. It was nice smoke, but not something that's out of this world great. Remember, this is going to be for Medical sales. Personally, I wouldn't bother, but it falls into the early harvest rotation.

I'll be curious to hear about your crosses. I'm also looking into more land races for personal stash. I wouldn't mind a long running sativa that I can put into a large smart pot that I can finish indoors when the weather turns.

Have you heard of exotic alchemy? He's on IG. A friend put me in touch with someone who is in SW Asia that has a ton of resources for various landraces. I passed the info on to J. James.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
From what I know about Dr. Greenthumb is that his shit is hit or miss. I remember a lot of negative reviews on him, although I always wanted to try his Endless Sky.

As far as BOG goes... Sour Strawberry or Blue Kush are my first two choices. Considering his Bog Bubble or Bogglegum. I've only ever tried his Blue Moon Rocks. It was nice smoke, but not something that's out of this world great. Remember, this is going to be for Medical sales. Personally, I wouldn't bother, but it falls into the early harvest rotation.

I'll be curious to hear about your crosses. I'm also looking into more land races for personal stash. I wouldn't mind a long running sativa that I can put into a large smart pot that I can finish indoors when the weather turns.

Have you heard of exotic alchemy? He's on IG. A friend put me in touch with someone who is in SW Asia that has a ton of resources for various landraces. I passed the info on to J. James.
I was able to get a Ghost Train Haze seed to pop a few weeks back (old seeds) and it should show sex any day now. Leaning toward using that in my winter pollen chucking whether it's a girl or a boy based on the strain reputation.

I'm curious about BOG's Lifesaver strain and almost grabbed a pack for this past summer. Now you got me thinking...