Opinions on Black Dog LED PhytoMAX-2 600 vs 320W XL QB V2 R spec LED Kit

jpcyan

Really Active Member
A friend is setting up a a room, He's been sending me links to the the items he is interested in , but they seem really High Priced, though it look fancy, flashy, and nice.

or a different model from HLG. Thats just what i saw comparable at a glance.

I'm not sure where he is reading, or what kind of advice he is getting and I just dont know enough to tell him specifically whats what, or what he can get for a lot less that will be just as good or better.
6x9 room and he is looking at two of these Phytomax lights.

Any advice or suggestion? Any experience with this light.? How difficult are the HLG kits to assemble? Other suitable options?

(He also ordered beans from cropking..ugh!, I immediately linked him to GLG, DCSE, and Greenpoint and offered a few samples I could spare from these :D If he's gonna go this big and experiment, I want him to get a good start with lights , beans etc, I even offered a good size CanBrand filter (empty) for cost of shipping that he can refill for $80 vs the 300 for it new.)

I dont think money is a problem for him, but If you are gonna spend that much... You should be getting damn good quality stuff.
Thanks yall, all opinions welcome

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Thanks HighKev that's gorgeous. I belive the newer version said white light.. i need to look at it better.
How does it compare to the 1K lights, I realize there is some crossover light.

Thats something I am not at all familiar with yet Gweedo. He is also talking about t-5 banks at ends, . I need to check out the "F series strip lights. appreciate the input fellas .

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Those black dogs are okish if you get a good deal on them, that is not a good deal lol. For a 6x9 4 of those 320xl kits should cover it pretty good. If you want to save some money buy the single board and heatsink combo's and use aluminum angle for a frame, and pick up the drivers from arrow or something.

The hlg kits are like Legos, as long as you can figure out series vs parallel wiring.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Check out the led gardener website 2 of his 5x5s would do that room nicely just build em to fit the size needed, super easy and a hell of a lot cheaper, im about to do a 480 and a 640 gonna cost a hare over a grand to do them both, including the bullshit tariff fees

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Ok. Only,input I have is,to do the led kit yourself. Your handy. All it takes is to hang the qb288 r specs on the heatsink provided.
By the driver from a 3re party along with the hanger clips. Wire, and wire nuts are necessary but the wiring is simple for 3 in series. From driver +,-,+,-,+,- to driver . hot, neutral, ground. Buy the driver with the dimmer built in if thats what ur into. If not run em full blast.
Sold out. Whadayaknow!!

This shits legit. Go with v1 if money is an issue.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Thanks TerpyTyrone. This is what I was thinking as well. Unfortunately he is 3 states away and I'm not sure of his electrical skills. I will have to ask how DIY he is willing to go.
For sure I'm looking into these myself to replace my 1KHPS.
No fear on the hookup or build. Seen a few here that look fantastic and more than do able.
I will relay all the great info I get from ya'll cause I've seen the grows and the impressive results the LED guys here are producing..
Great input everyone and much thanks

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Thanks TerpyTyrone. This is what I was thinking as well. Unfortunately he is 3 states away and I'm not sure of his electrical skills. I will have to ask how DIY he is willing to go.
No fear on the hookup or build. Seen a few here that look fantastic and more than do able.
I will relay all the great info I get from ya'll cause I've seen the grows and the impressive results the LED guys here are producing..
2 hlg 260 watt diy kits would kill that area. I have 2 of them and I can guarantee you the produce great buds. I believe they cost about $320 for each kit and are dimmable.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
They are super easy to wire up. Anyone could do it. Comes with everything even hangers.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Thanks Armdog. Good info from someone using these and producing quality. How do you think 1 or 2 of these would do over a 4x6 with a 4 ft light mover?

You guys will convert me.. I just know it hehehe.

It ain't easy to make the change when you been running 1khps for 20 yrs and know what it comes with and what to expect. But...

The times, they are a changing. And my a/c is out and not quite winter lol. Killing me to keep my girls in statis while I work something out for myself. I figured by poppin way more beans than I really need it'll force me to do something soon :D

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Thanks Armdog. Good info from someone using these and producing quality. How do you think 1 or 2 of these would do over a 4x6 with a 4 ft light mover?

It ain't easy to make the change when you been running 1khps for 20 yrs and know what it comes with and what to expect. But...

The times, they are a changing. And my a/c is out and not quite winter lol. Killing me to keep my girls in statis while I work something out for myself. I figured by poppin way more beans than I really need it'll force me to do something soon :D
If you use 2 of them in a 4x6 you will not need a light mover. These things put out the par. Each kit covers 4x4 in veg and 3x3 in flower and I believe that is conservative. Or you can have Jesse build a custom configuration for you as suggested above.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

The good thing about the quantum boards is they generate very little heat. I grow 4 plants in a modified heisen RDWC system and pull around 22 to 25 ounces with scrog method of dense buds.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
The good thing about the quantum boards is they generate very little heat. I grow 4 plants in a modified heisen RDWC system and pull around 22 to 25 ounces with scrog method of dense buds.
You will have to have the genetics to pull this amount. I used Strawberry blonde and Fruity Pebbles. Now I am getting ready for the heisen experience. I would recommend getting some of his genetics and run them for good results as posted here in many threads.