Nutrient pH Availability charts..

inthetrees

So I recently got into a debate regarding pH range's for hydroponics... Mainly what ranges calcium and magnesium are available at. The other grower was saying he always runs at 6.2 or higher in hydro otherwise he gets calmag defficiencies I figured I would ask the community here what you guys think. Apparently his meter is always calibrated as well.

For starters, I was told to always use the chart below. Obviously intake doesn't just drop off the map like in the chart below, but it says that Calcium is @ 5 - 5.8 and the Magnesium @ 5.8 - 9. My first round in UC I was trying to stay within 5.8 - 6.0. The systems would go to 6.1 in no time as they fed. Using the chart, I was worried I'd have a calcium deficiency doing this, so I started setting lower and running 5.6 - 6.0 and adjusting down once i hit 6.1. I haven't had any calmag issues doing this, and the plants are a lush green. I'm also feeding my coco at between 5.8 - 5.9.

ezgif-6-54e014aa04e9.png

So then I googled "Hydro nutrient availability charts" and there seems to be a huge variance among them. On top of that, I found a post from way back saying that the above chart was made my a grower with questionable skills. Idk if that's true or not.

Anywho, here's the other charts I've found and they are all over the map. Just wondering that everyone else is using as a guideline...

Chart 3.jpgChart 4.jpg

-itt

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I don't grow in a hydroponic system and have little understanding of them but I do know that the reason you are getting different charts that say different things is because optimal PH is dependent on what you are growing. Try searching for "Cannabis Hydroponic resources" in specific and you will get better and more accurate results.

@Turpman gets some amazing results with his system, Maybe he can chime in and give you better advice then this is soil guy

inthetrees

I don't grow in a hydroponic system and have little understanding of them but I do know that the reason you are getting different charts that say different things is because optimal PH is dependent on what you are growing. Try searching for "Cannabis Hydroponic resources" in specific and you will get better and more accurate results.

@Turpman gets some amazing results with his system, Maybe he can chime in and give you better advice then this is soil guy
Thanks for the responses...

All of the charts are for cannabis specifically, that's why I'm confused. I could understand slight variances, but there is some insane differences between some of the charts.

Streetpro09

Tester
Thanks for the responses...

All of the charts are for cannabis specifically, that's why I'm confused. I could understand slight variances, but there is some insane differences between some of the charts.
Yeah it's kinda like people just make up whatever they want and then make a graphic to support it.

I've found some strains to need different ph for proper nutrient uptake. Run them a couple times and see what's best.