Nitrogen 2 -3weeks into flowering ?

angel4us

Super Active Member
I need some advise ! I have three Sativa in ground in a mix I made with nature living soil mix -it’s like a premix charge packet -sorta like a super soil thing with micorizial and beneficial bacteria.....
When I dug the holes in a old flower bed with not good soil I had health issues so the first hole was 5 gallon plus .... then each hole got progressively smaller like 3 gallons then third hole I hit a peice of buried concrete so that hole was even smaller....
Now that they are like three weeks into flower ( not sure since outside but been showing and stacking the buds that long ) the one with most “soil mix “ is still nice and green , the other two are getting lime green .... all have been feed earth worm teas made with Mexican bat guano for any extra nitrogen besides the premix soil ....
My question is .... is it to late to add some nitrogen to try and get them two plants more deep green ??? Here are three pictures one of lime green plant , one of deep green plant , and one pic of both plants to show color difference...

Attachments

D

Deleted member 60

Even with indicas....my experience has been that 3 weeks isn't to far into bloom to give them added N if needed. I don't grow sativas here because of the short season....but I'd think you'd be way good to go......and if it's a 12 week+ kinda strain...I'd be keeping the N in there even longer. If it were me I'd probably use a balanced fert so every base is covered. 5-5-5...10-10-10...etc.

How long is your season? What are the flower times on these ladies?

angel4us

Super Active Member
Even with indicas....my experience has been that 3 weeks isn't to far into bloom to give them added N if needed. I don't grow sativas here because of the short season....but I'd think you'd be way good to go......and if it's a 12 week+ kinda strain...I'd be keeping the N in there even longer. If it were me I'd probably use a balanced fert so every base is covered. 5-5-5...10-10-10...etc.

How long is your season? What are the flower times on these ladies?
My season is not long enough but I plan on building lean to off house and cover in plastic if bottom drops out or rain persists late in season - can always open windows and circulate air with fans !!!
Central Illinois usually have frost anytime after oct 1(?) but we usually get Indian summer after first freeze/frost

D

Deleted member 60

Good idea. Did it with tomatoes before i had my GH. Blow the fan from inside the house into the space...the positive pressure/heat it will provide will take you a long way into the Fall. Cool project.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
They still have a long ways to go, I'd lay some 20-20-20 peters on them or a heavy dose of wormcastings tea, powdered kelp and fulvic acid if your not using chems, it will stave off leaf drop until a little later...they do look pretty healthy to me though...just my two cents