Newbie type questions.....

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I got regular freebies on purpose so i might at one point get a male. Why not.

My newbie question is....how far does the male need to be from the girls?

I probably want to put it in my furnace room away from my grow space right?

I have the following regs and in the winter i will drop a couple. I hope they are all fems but if i get a male i want to get the pollen.

My regs are
Strain
Northern lights 10 seeds
Afghani landrace 2 seeds
White widow 2 seeds
Ace Bhangi Haze 2 seeds and i will run these first. I love sativa or a 60 40 or so. LOVE IT

I am technically dumb in this area but i will sort it out in the fall.

:)

My room is allowing me the ability to do whatever i want.

And now that i have a pack of skeleton cookies i have time. That is probably 30/70 or better indica sativa

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Man i did reversed female pollen and the plant was literally sitting in front of the air intake hole of the tent. I also had other gals in there that i wasn’t planning on pollinating. And to my suprise, i don’t find any seeds on those.

But a reversed plant is nothing compared to a genetic male. I mean that amount of pollen could get everywhere if there is sufficient air flow. When you think about it its just a tiny speck. So not much draft is needed.

Maybe you can keep it small. Prune vigorously. And when its ready to release pollen you can pull one of those brown bags over it to keep the pollen contained. Ones with a clear window could also let them get light during the process. I’m not sure just brainstorming here.

And no fans in the room is a must if you have any other gals in the house. One other way to prevent unplanned pregnancies could be spraying the femalws with water daily. I also have an air purifier which claims to eradicate pollen. Wouldn’t really invest into it but if you have it why not. Throw it in to create a buffer zone in the middle of the house.

You can also transport pollen with your hands, clothes, hair etc.

Well i hope you get some pollen man. Keep us updated.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
gwheels.You can use a male isolation chamber...lol it's a tote rigged up,and keep the male in the same room the girls are in.
Schwaggy P has a write up of one in his thread.
Or you can google "male isolation chamber".
A little pollen goes a long way.1 grain =1 seed.Its umpteen thousand grains in 1 pollen sac.