New to forums.

Pot-jar509

Hey everybody, I’m JAR I’m new to forums I started a couple about a month ago and kinda lost the interest in those. I am a medical patient in Washington State as well as the grower for a tier 2. I-502 recreational grow.
I have a long history growing and have had success but definitely still learning. I had been working at the farm for a few years and ended up leaving the first of this year and got asked to come back and run the growing side of things after the old grower tried to make them go out of business (it was sad, I can explain if you care to hear but it’s wild you wouldn’t believe it) I quit my office job and went back last month. The farm has always struggled and things are now in place to start making profits, so hopefully this all the hard work can finally start paying off.
My medical grow is doing great. I was inspired by corona to get my card again and grow from home. I was at my office job. Basically got sent home with pay and used the stimulus to finance some leds. And bought $500 dollars worth of seeds from a couple banks that had 4/20 sales. I only planned to buy from one, but damn this site drew me in with it’s purple punch crosses and then I checked out some of the other strains and bought some I was pissed I bought from the first site. I would have bought got better strains for my hunting for less $.
Anyways I rambled no longer than I wanted to and didn’t talk about what I wanted to but maybe those are for a different time.
Thanks to those who stop by!

Pot-jar509

I'm in dire need of a good read.
Id love to hear more about the farm.
Not even just the past grower troubles, what have you been doing to improve productivity and efficiency? IPM? Soil content? Irrigation? Stupid interested to hear back oh and to stick to tradition.
Welcome home.
So as of rn it’s just producing plants for rooms. The farm has never had the flower rooms all the way full. We did buy a lot of clones to get the faster boost on filling rooms. Plants are getting tipped and trained to have more bud sites.
As for efficiency it’s a work in progress everything is still very manual. Mixing dirt hp pro mix with extra perlite. Hand watering all 3000 plants. After a couple crops we are upgrading to an irrigation system and probably rock wool cubes to cut the dirt and washing pots completely eliminate those tasks (flora flex)
I’m planning according to have a 3 weeks in between our 3 flowers rooms.
The old grower for some reason liked to veg plants out for 6 months or longer before they went to flower then have to cut so much off the plant. Now plants are getting 4 weeks max in veg. Also looking into leds, and a more commercial nutrient line.

IPM?
I’m out and about running errands sorry if i not answering completely and not making much sense, also thank you for welcoming me brother

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Welcome!

I'm relatively new to growing, but I am methodical about it. I have found the same thing you did, that vegging for ~30 days with pruning will get you a respectable return for your time investment.

Mine usually end up in a 5 gallon pot by the end of the grow. And with various strains I've been averaging 2.5-3.5 ounces per plant. I got my method for pruning from a video on high times website for a company called "Treedom". Basic theory is "don't grow larf" 😎

Here's my most recent plant chop that will dry somewhere in the 3oz range.
IMG_8454.JPG

Pot-jar509

Welcome!

I'm relatively new to growing, but I am methodical about it. I have found the same thing you did, that vegging for ~30 days with pruning will get you a respectable return for your time investment.

Mine usually end up in a 5 gallon pot by the end of the grow. And with various strains I've been averaging 2.5-3.5 ounces per plant. I got my method for pruning from a video on high times website for a company called "Treedom". Basic theory is "don't grow larf" 😎
Here's my most recent plant chop that will dry somewhere in the 3oz range.
View attachment 63450
I will check that out. I’m sure I can improve upon the technique. Ours go straight to 5 gal from dixies so we don’t transplant twice. Topped at transplant and topped once a week (if they are ready for it) and cleaned up a little on the insides of the plant. Certain strains take less or more attention. But still learning. Just know it’s hell of a lot better than what the old guy was doing.

And you got it down man that’s all nug and no branch brotha.