New tent in grow room, which light to use?

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Didn't have time to set things up, but I did manage to get some pics.

Here's the 4x2 flower tent with my bonsai Strawberry Amnesia, and Sour Diesel #2 chilling in the corner. You can see the ducting on the bottom left that brings in air from the house.
4x41.png

Here's the COB's. Two 3500k CXB3590's powered by a HLG-185H-42B. What sold me on the light was the active cooling and integrated cooling design of the housing. I'm a computer guy, so it checked the geek box for me, plus it stays cool to the touch.
light1.png

Here's that SD2 chilling in the corner. This runt was barely more than a seedling a week ago. Took off like a mofo under the 12/12. She was one step away from ending up on the shitty plant thread.
sd21.png

Here's my ol' faithful 250w dual hps/mh magnetic ballast circa the mid/late 90's. I call it "The Tank".. that only farts out 250w :D. Served me well for many years, but when I was faced w/buying another damn bulb I said screw it, I want in on all this LED madness. The pics around here on CP sealed the deal on going LED.
mballast.png

And here's what's about to be moved into the veg tent chilling under the qb65. My little OGKZ bush in training, and some GPS/HB Purple Mystery :ROFLMAO:
qb1.png

Been having a lot of fun training this one

ogkz-1.pngogkz-2.png

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Got the veg tent up. Barely enough room up there for it, but it works. No way I can switch the flower tent to a 3x3, not enough vertical space. After I took this pic I did move my vegging plant up about a foot toward the qb65.

Also, couldn't fit the cool tube in the veg tent.

When I put together the qb132's, I'll probably move the COB's over to the veg tent, and bring the qb65 back into the house to play around with.

tentz.png

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
You're right, makes sense. Would a cool tube fit in there? I think it's pushing right up against 23-24" long. I'd basically have to run the ducting straight through the top, glad it's got those 7" holes though! 😁
Cool tube will work just put a couple elbows on each end of the cool tube. I do that in a 4x4 tent as the reflector i use is big in there but works fine with elbows added.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I think I’ll just move the crees to the veg tent once i put the qb132’s together. I dunno, my cool tube is kinda big, and i tried getting in there, there’s no room for elbow connectors. I think i’ll keep it around to make some heat outside the tent when needed

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I think I’ll just move the crees to the veg tent once i put the qb132’s together. I dunno, my cool tube is kinda big, and i tried getting in there, there’s no room for elbow connectors. I think i’ll keep it around to make some heat outside the tent when needed
Ya good choice. Cause when u get those boards u will totally forget bout that dinosaur aged light of old ways.. Out with old in with new.lol.
Does the cob light u got with the 2 cobs have a brightness knob or is it all or nothing? And what kelvin is that small quantum u got? And what kelvin did u grab on those 132's?
Thanks dude

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Ya good choice. Cause when u get those boards u will totally forget bout that dinosaur aged light of old ways.. Out with old in with new.lol.
Does the cob light u got with the 2 cobs have a brightness knob or is it all or nothing? And what kelvin is that small quantum u got? And what kelvin did u grab on those 132's?
Thanks dude
Hey Big Terps! Yes the cob’s have a dimmer on them. They are 3500k, and would work well for vegging I think. I believe each cob is capable of delivering the full wattage, over 100.

The qb65 is 4000k.

The qb132’s are 3000k. I don’t think they offer the 2700k’s on amazon.