New Hotness

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Watching the posts to the grow journals and strain reviews it seems like everyone is chasing the newest strains. Is anyone happy with what they are growing and growing the same strain more than once?

I'm a new grower and not sure I want to settle on, so it is easy to see why I'm growing lots of different strains while I find what I like. But once I do, I'll probably just grow that in most of my tent and maybe a couple new strains for variety.

What strains do you keep growing because you just like it?

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
For me, there's similar genetic themes that I like. So while I have a lot of different packs to go through, there's really only a few themes in my collection of the stuff I know I like (Orange-sativas, GDP crosses with OG's and GSC's). But the variety helps stave off the strain lock.

I can only flower 4 plants at a time in my space, so I try to split them by effect like:

2 - sativas, 2 - heavy indicas
or
1 - sativa, 2 - hybrids, 1 - heavy indica

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Purple Crash (Purple Punch x Sundae Driver) will absolutely be grown again. That high is right up my alley. The FPOG terps come through good on that one too. It's kinda crazy on the exhale how it tastes just like a bowl of cereal.
That's interesting. I have a good coupon for greenpoint seeds and was thinking of using it to get Purple Crash. I thought it sounded right up my alley too. :D

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
for me its about 1 2 or main things

1.First. the strain needs to be something i get medical benefits from. every now and then ill crave something different so ill switch it up to something maybe a but more sativaish i guess you could say but my main staples will all help with appetite. help with pain management, help with stress and sleep.

2. Strain needs to be a frost monster im really big on bag appeal

i myself grow more popular strains because ive had them before and theyve checked every box. i dont think there is enough time or space to waste running some bullshit. i know what i like and when i find that (which is rare) its special. :)

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You know I am growing a new strain every grow now. So I am trying a good variety of new stuff, and love most of it. Don't see any reason to miss out on the next cross or new strain.

That said, I bought a pack of 4th Gear to hang on to. I haven't tried much that I didn't like but there were a few - none came from CLG. That got me where I am now - pretty much just growing the testers with a side-plant to grow all the other stuff.

The Longbottom Fighter x 3-Headed Dragon (Bad Dawg freebie) is another one that I am glad I have the rest of the pack of. I'll grow that when I run out. It smells like homemade pickles and onions with fresh dill. ;) Funkiest strain I have grown so far.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
If your commercial or your selling i can deff see that being a deciding factor. yield isnt a box on my checklist anymore.

the more i grow, it seems like the overall best quality phenos all dont yield the best. again this is just my experience.
Commercial or not, anybody that grows would be happy with more for the same effort. I don't think he or I are looking for a landslide, but me, I'm happier with a 4 zip plant than a 2 zip one. More veg and less plants is what I'm thinking, not more overall weight, more yield for what you grow.

THT

Really Active Member
Is anyone happy with what they are growing and growing the same strain more than once?
Flavor is my main goal and only a few strains really hit with the levels of flavor I am after.
Orange/Citrus, Coffee, Haze, Skunk, Pine, are the flavors I am after.
Tangie, Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Various cookie types to name a few, - I prefer to explore new strains and chucks for untapped/unrealized flavors though.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Watching the posts to the grow journals and strain reviews it seems like everyone is chasing the newest strains. Is anyone happy with what they are growing and growing the same strain more than once?

I'm a new grower and not sure I want to settle on, so it is easy to see why I'm growing lots of different strains while I find what I like. But once I do, I'll probably just grow that in most of my tent and maybe a couple new strains for variety.

What strains do you keep growing because you just like it?
Great question/topic! :)
Everything depends on the space you have but I keep and run Dubstep, Bounty Hunter, ECSD, adding OBSM. That's in the order I like them. Very pleased with all and those packs are closed/not looking there, for now.
I also keep Purple Punch, Bridezilla, Welchie which are good but I'm still hunting those packs for better.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Commercial or not, anybody that grows would be happy with more for the same effort. I don't think he or I are looking for a landslide, but me, I'm happier with a 4 zip plant than a 2 zip one. More veg and less plants is what I'm thinking, not more overall weight, more yield for what you grow.
true but im at the point now where i almost hope they turn out to be lower yielding plants. as crazy as that might sound to some.

and you can compensate like instead of 4 plants in a 4x4 i could prolly pack 6 to 8 kobes in there which would increase my overall yield

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
true but im at the point now where i almost hope they turn out to be lower yielding plants. as crazy as that might sound to some.

and you can compensate like instead of 4 plants in a 4x4 i could prolly pack 6 to 8 kobes in there which would increase my overall yield
Lol , ya that sounds crazy. Everything is so high in terp and thc now. Literally everything I am running has been fire so yeild is a top priority now for me. I have limited space and want my hard work to pay for itself. Don't get me wrong though. Effect is also way up on my list now

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Lol , ya that sounds crazy. Everything is so high in terp and thc now. Literally everything I am running has been fire so yeild is a top priority now for me. I have limited space and want my hard work to pay for itself. Don't get me wrong though. Effect is also way up on my list now
Overall effect I think might be the most important to me

But It is a lot of hard work and low yielding plants could make some growers feel like it’s not worth it to run that particular strain or pheno. Especially if their growing commercial or for profit. Completely understand you and others wanting those high yielding strains. :)