New hlg 65

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
My first quantum board Grabbed it to replace the cfl in my seedling tent.

My seedling tents on the short side and this thing is fucking bright holy shit u guys weren’t kidding. This light kicks ass.

So much ass I’m worried I’ll burn the seedlings. What’s a safe distance? I think their at about 30 to 35 inches away from the tops of the seedlings. About 24 inches from the tops of the Wonka Bars.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I've been using this light in an 18"x18"x36" tent for a while for germination through seedling. I've run 18-24" and never had any issues with burning.
Thanks for the reply! :) My seedling tent is only 48 inches high and with the driver I wanted to leave a little space on top in case it ran a little hot. Seems like it runs cooler than my cobs do

V3n0M

Super Active Member
Since your switching to a high intensity light youll want to keep them a good 3ft away for a day.Download the LUX app on any smart phone. If you want you can convert LUX to PPFD by dividing your LUX by 66-68 depending on the color temp.

Seedlings 4000-8000
Early Veg 8000-15000
Veg/Early Flower 15000-25000
Flower 25000-50000

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Since your switching to a high intensity light youll want to keep them a good 3ft away for a day.Download the LUX app on any smart phone. If you want you can convert LUX to PPFD by dividing your LUX by 66-68 depending on the color temp.

Seedlings 4000-8000
Early Veg 8000-15000
Veg/Early Flower 15000-25000
Flower 25000-50000
Great post. Really good info.

I think the best I’m going to be able to get with this tent is 32 inches As they get bigger I should be good with tops being 20 to 24 inches away ? They usually get put into the veg tent before they get big but I have a couple Wonka Bars from exotic under it to. There about 24 inches away right now. They look good. Not burnt but as usual their starting to look like they need a little calmag.

Deff gonna check out that app. Would be nice to know what I was getting in my flowering tent right now.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
My love legit just bought me one of these. It is bright as fuck and those HLG boards don't play. After seeing all this blurples are highly disappointing. I hope you get it figured out man. I have no info to give you on it as he just set mine up a couple days ago.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a seedling/clone rig with two of the HLG65's Designed solely for over a dome, so no environmentals or anything, but mine are 24" above the floor of the contraption.
I run one to start, and after the cups/soil etc. they are probably 18-20" above the plants. Depending on how big I let them get in there I might fire up the second light so I can spread them out. Again, it is diffused a little by a dome.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
My love legit just bought me one of these. It is bright as fuck and those HLG boards don't play. After seeing all this blurples are highly disappointing. I hope you get it figured out man. I have no info to give you on it as he just set mine up a couple days ago.
thanks man! it really is super bright i have mine about 30in away from the seedlings and their doing great! The wonka bars are a little closer at 22in and still no burn. just looks like their using up more nutrients faster. added a little calmag to compensate

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I am interested to see how your method works. This shit is all experimentation and all genetics will require different things so we are always on a learning curve.
couldnt agree more. im running 4 or 5 different strains right now the kobe you can throw anything at her and she just keeps on eating. the mac1 had small burnt tips and edges from 1000+ppm soil right outa the bag the mac1 was real weird with humidity. 1 of if not the only strain that did better outiside the dome. their all different

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
My love has ran the MAC a few times and I've discovered she is a very particular plant. She seems to like dry conditions and anything too warm also seems to adversely affect her. Have you experienced a slower veg growth with yours? He gifted me the last run 😍 and he grew some straight fire. Those buds were so frosty they looked blurry and so sticky we were wearing gloves to break it up. You'd have a layer of her on your fingers if not.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
My love has ran the MAC a few times and I've discovered she is a very particular plant. She seems to like dry conditions and anything too warm also seems to adversely affect her. Have you experienced a slower veg growth with yours? He gifted me the last run 😍 and he grew some straight fire. Those buds were so frosty they looked blurry and so sticky we were wearing gloves to break it up. You'd have a layer of her on your fingers if not.
yup slower growth. seems to grow taller rather than bushy. #2 has leafs that are oddly shaped. almost a crinkled look. #1 smells in veg. only plant ive ever had that has a smell before flowering. Both have shown sex earlier than most. Mine also prefer it dry and with the ac on the rooms down to 72-75
during the day

btw huge Terry Reid fan everytime i see your name it plays in my head :)

yup slower growth. seems to grow taller rather than bushy. #2 has leafs that are oddly shaped. almost a crinkled look. #1 smells in veg. only plant ive ever had that has a smell before flowering. Both have shown sex earlier than most. Mine also prefer it dry and with the ac on the rooms down to 72-75
during the day

btw huge Terry Reid fan everytime i see your name it plays in my head :)
I have had plants that throw MAJOR funk when the lights go off while in veg...I dont run any filters of any kind so when my lights kick off, I usually know by the wicked smell they give off but its only when the lights go off???

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I have had plants that throw MAJOR funk when the lights go off while in veg...I dont run any filters of any kind so when my lights kick off, I usually know by the wicked smell they give off but its only when the lights go off???
I’m the oddball that runs plants 24/7 except during flower.

So while the lights are on. No stem rub nothing. I was moving them around the last time I watered and bam hit me in the face.

I’m the oddball that runs plants 24/7 except during flower.

So while the lights are on. No stem rub nothing. I was moving them around the last time I watered and bam hit me in the face.
I start my plants at 24/7 then go down to 20/4.I just always noticed when my lights go off....veg plants too...they release a super strong almost like a cut grass mixed with a funky cannabis smell. Idk lol I can tell that smell miles away lol

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I start my plants at 24/7 then go down to 20/4.I just always noticed when my lights go off....veg plants too...they release a super strong almost like a cut grass mixed with a funky cannabis smell. Idk lol I can tell that smell miles away lol
i know exactly what your referring to. i used to run my veg plants 18/6 back in the day. this is more of a sweet skunky smell. when i first smelled it i said "wow" outloud. its not smelling up the whole tent or anything but when you have your head close to her top you can really smell it. the others seem not to smell at all. just that plant smell you usually have in veg

i know exactly what your referring to. i used to run my veg plants 18/6 back in the day. this is more of a sweet skunky smell. when i first smelled it i said "wow" outloud. its not smelling up the whole tent or anything but when you have your head close to her top you can really smell it. the others seem not to smell at all. just that plant smell you usually have in veg
Might wanna take a cut off it just in case she is something special...

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Might wanna take a cut off it just in case she is something special...
Hoping for that frost monster pheno. I try to take 2 clones from every new strain i run as a just in case. Mitten cake batter from seed junkys is up sometime this week. Then the 2 mac1 x gs and then Wonka bars #1 from exotic.

if all goes well, theyll be in the flowering tent in a couple weeks :)