New Grow Room Build!

I have a space 15’x18’ to build a grow room, concrete floors and walls. Ordered vapor barrier for the ceiling. I have two Mars Hydro SP3000 LED lights, one Mars Hydro sp250 and three VIPARSPECTRA LED lights. I have two 3x5 tents and a MH 2x4. Ordered the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller and carbon filter. What are your thoughts on the open ceiling with vapor barrier. Paint the ceiling? Walls and floor I was thinking of epoxy on both. What else should I be thinking about before I start framing. Also should I insulate the ceiling or is the vapor barrier enough. Room is heated and cooled.

Thanks, Z

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
put gapaseal or fill w/e they call it on the edge of your floor to your wall so your anti mold, for walls i highly suggest panda film or similar anti mold anti retaining + reflective film vs painting it. Than any ”corner pockets” of your room, I would make sure the plastic is lifted 2-3 feet up ( that’s the only spots in my room that ever got effected and my inner built room ( v2) has ever been effected by mold. the humidity can retain on the corners easily and that’s no good. if any mold appear/shown before applying reflective plastic. Clean before and then paint with kilz red anti mold and that will protect your spots that are effected for 3+ years from mold gurateed. If your ocd do the first 6 inches to 1ft on bottom wall and you def won’t ever have issues cause that’s the most prone spot if you have that plastic. I even cut off the plastic 6 inches before floor so it can have air there cause the spot closest to ground being it does get wet ( floor) it would promote mold, so if you get rid of the plastic there =i it will stay dry . I didn’t even staple my panda film, just gorilla taped it and it makes it so I can check for mold or damage.

put gapaseal or fill w/e they call it on the edge of your floor to your wall so your anti mold, for walls i highly suggest panda film or similar anti mold anti retaining + reflective film vs painting it. Than any ”corner pockets” of your room, I would make sure the plastic is lifted 2-3 feet up ( that’s the only spots in my room that ever got effected and my inner built room ( v2) has ever been effected by mold. the humidity can retain on the corners easily and that’s no good. if any mold appear/shown before applying reflective plastic. Clean before and then paint with kilz red anti mold and that will protect your spots that are effected for 3+ years from mold gurateed. If your ocd do the first 6 inches to 1ft on bottom wall and you def won’t ever have issues cause that’s the most prone spot if you have that plastic. I even cut off the plastic 6 inches before floor so it can have air there cause the spot closest to ground being it does get wet ( floor) it would promote mold, so if you get rid of the plastic there =i it will stay dry . I didn’t even staple my panda film, just gorilla taped it and it makes it so I can check for mold or damage.

Thank you!