New Compounds Found in Cannabis THCP and CBDP

Highsince76

Super Active Member
Interesting!
Things that make you go, hmmm...
So, could this help explain how I used to get pretty damned "ripped" back in the 70's/80's smoking "Columbian"?
They say that stuff was 5-7% thc compared to today's 30% bud.

Over the years, I've just concluded it was because we were "junior tokers", with a low tolerance level?
Maybe not.
Other chemicals could come into play... including lots of herbicides and pesticides and who knows what the fuck else!
IDK

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Interesting!
Things that make you go, hmmm...
So, could this help explain how I used to get pretty damned "ripped" back in the 70's/80's smoking "Columbian"?
They say that stuff was 5-7% thc compared to today's 30% bud.

Over the years, I've just concluded it was because we were "junior tokers", with a low tolerance level?
Maybe not.
Other chemicals could come into play... including lots of herbicides and pesticides and who knows what the fuck else!
IDK
Started smoking about 74'. We did get very good Columbian in my area and you would soar from it. Total head buzz. Was very little CBD in it back then, but still had the alcohol esters and the pest "attractant" and "detourent" in the the plant hairs/filters. Only around 10 microns or so in size.
Most likely there is a where these cannabinoids are accumulated. We just wash them away when we make "water hash" because of their size and have never noticed these new molecules.
Just a hunch.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Back then the weed didn't have all the bling you see today...yet you were totally fooked up back then. Bought and sold an awful lot of that 70's-80's Columbian. There were variants in quality of course, but most of it was very good. Folks talk about "Acapulco Gold" well guess what....Columbian gold could blow it away, far away.
Let's see, back in '76, we used to have 1/2 ounce parties. Weed was cheap. 10 people would each chip in $2 toward the half. Then lock the door and let 10 stoners go wild until the half is consumed. People were paralyzed and severely fucked up! And HAPPY! lmao thinking about it. That's a half ounce with seeds!

I wonder how it'd go with the weed I have now.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Back then the weed didn't have all the bling you see today...yet you were totally fooked up back then. Bought and sold an awful lot of that 70's-80's Columbian. There were variants in quality of course, but most of it was very good. Folks talk about "Acapulco Gold" well guess what....Columbian gold could blow it away, far away.
Let's see, back in '76, we used to have 1/2 ounce parties. Weed was cheap. 10 people would each chip in $2 toward the half. Then lock the door and let 10 stoners go wild until the half is consumed. People were paralyzed and severely fucked up! And HAPPY! lmao thinking about it. That's a half ounce with seeds!

I wonder how it'd go with the weed I have now.
I was always told when the bales came in, the high potency stuff (yellow, gold, and red bud) was in the heart of the bale. After about 78' or 79', you hardly ever seen imported weed anymore. It was all seedless grown after that.
Ah... the hybrids! lol

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I was always told when the bales came in, the high potency stuff (yellow, gold, and red bud) was in the heart of the bale. After about 78' or 79', you hardly ever seen imported weed anymore. It was all seedless grown after that.
Ah... the hybrids! lol
I saw that change later than '79.... bout the time I got out. In and around '84 there was a brown weed from Columbia, might be the best weed I ever smoked. We called it "Wheelchair". I only got 2 lbs and shoulda kept more of that one, gone in 60 seconds, never came back.
A bale is 60 lbs. I never copped that much, so I can't say what's inside, but I would think it's all the same all the way.dot dot dot ;)

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I saw that change later than '79.... bout the time I got out. In and around '84 there was a brown weed from Columbia, might be the best weed I ever smoked. We called it "Wheelchair". I only got 2 lbs and shoulda kept more of that one, gone in 60 seconds, never came back.
A bale is 60 lbs. I never copped that much, so I can't say what's inside, but I would think it's all the same all the way.dot dot dot ;)
I never seen a bale either. lol
Would love to have a "time machine" to do a comparison from the past up to today.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Started smoking about 74'. We did get very good Columbian in my area and you would soar from it. Total head buzz. Was very little CBD in it back then, but still had the alcohol esters and the pest "attractant" and "detourent" in the the plant hairs/filters. Only around 10 microns or so in size.
Most likely there is a where these cannabinoids are accumulated. We just wash them away when we make "water hash" because of their size and have never noticed these new molecules.
Just a hunch.
Might be why dry rub keif where you save everything that falls through (instead of having flow through waste) has a better punch for some.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I'd agree the farther back you go the better the high was as a whole, new stuff is great but I feel like the THC race may very well have inadvertantly bred out those magic ratios of everything in the plant that got us wrecked over and over again without ceiling, I've been reading a ton on the Entourage Effect, science is digging into as we speak

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'd agree the farther back you go the better the high was as a whole, new stuff is great but I feel like the THC race may very well have inadvertantly bred out those magic ratios of everything in the plant that got us wrecked over and over again without ceiling, I've been reading a ton on the Entourage Effect, science is digging into as we speak
I don't think they're gone. A lot of guys like me have collected and bred plants for years, in isolation, with very few crosses even surfacing to the world. There is so much good shit in peoples personal seed collections, you wouldn't believe. Some states are still in prohibition and it would be hard to pry those breeder collections open. Growers are still scared.
Hopefully someday soon.

GCG

Dinosaur
Anyone remember paraquat pot. Saw nothing but shitty ditch weed for a while in the mid 80's. We were always convinced it had been bombed with that chemical death right before harvest. Some was unsmokable from the taste.