Need suggestions for cameras and motion detectors.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Just a thought and someone already mentioned time but its another reason to cage and double cage your plants outdoors regardless . It would not be an easy feat to chop or pull a caged plant in one piece and make off with it quickly. when I work the branches through the cage I also anchor them to the wire with string , twine , zip ties or whatever . If they’re going to try and just pull the plant out in one go and make off with it good luck . They’ll end up leaving a good portion behind .

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Just a thought and someone already mentioned time but its another reason to cage and double cage your plants outdoors regardless . It would not be an easy feat to chop or pull a caged plant in one piece and make off with it quickly. when I work the branches through the cage I also anchor them to the wire with string , twine , zip ties or whatever . If they’re going to try and just pull the plant out in one go and make off with it good luck . They’ll end up leaving a good portion behind .
What a great idea. Hey I bought the wyze cameras and they work great . If looking for a security cam

Now1more

Super Active Member
Here's what I decided on. I'll fence in an area off of the house accessible only through the basement. I have a motion sensor already installed. I'll be installing IR cameras, I forget the brand, but a friend is hooking me up with a 20% discount from his wholesale price. Getting it on the cheap, which I really like. I believe they have a 500 ft. wifi range. I'm not sure. I'm pretty technology illiterate, so I'll just trust his assessment. Apparently I can put a camera near the bottom of my property and get an alert on my phone. That should give me a head start to get my ass out of bed and downstairs. Wife said no loaded guns though and I guess I agree, but she nothing about using my bow. Kidding.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
What a great idea. Hey I bought the wyze cameras and they work great . If looking for a security cam
Thanks for that info . I put Swann cameras on every angle of my home about 2 years ago. The fact you can obviously see them from anywhere in the yard seems to be along with our mutt deterrent enough . I work Nightshift a lot in the marine industry rostered about 200 miles from home so it’s great to be able to sweep my house at night on my device while the house is all asleep. Love it

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Thanks for that info . I put Swann cameras on every angle of my home about 2 years ago. The fact you can obviously see them from anywhere in the yard seems to be along with our mutt deterrent enough . I work Nightshift a lot in the marine industry rostered about 200 miles from home so it’s great to be able to sweep my house at night on my device while the house is all asleep. Love it
Me too! From listening to my neighbors talking shit to waking my girl up cause her phones dead . I keep finding things i love about having cameras

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Here's what I decided on. I'll fence in an area off of the house accessible only through the basement. I have a motion sensor already installed. I'll be installing IR cameras, I forget the brand, but a friend is hooking me up with a 20% discount from his wholesale price. Getting it on the cheap, which I really like. I believe they have a 500 ft. wifi range. I'm not sure. I'm pretty technology illiterate, so I'll just trust his assessment. Apparently I can put a camera near the bottom of my property and get an alert on my phone. That should give me a head start to get my ass out of bed and downstairs. Wife said no loaded guns though and I guess I agree, but she nothing about using my bow. Kidding.
Here’s a thought, and I know the chances are very slim, but hopefully whoever is ripping you off isn’t on this forum (or any others you post on).

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I came here. Read a bit, and realized that this is a nice place to chat. Never in the past was I ever in a place to just really chat with people. I don't know you or anyone else from a hole in the wall, but I love being here. Except @High kev . @Old ST1R love your post and think you offer good insight.
Well we’re happy to have you. Seemed like we needed one more......

TheOther

Here's what I decided on. I'll fence in an area off of the house accessible only through the basement. I have a motion sensor already installed. I'll be installing IR cameras,
Thats exactly what I did, and my dog run is on the other side of the fence. I figured they would be drunk, so I left the top of the fence wobbly to confound them. Wobbly fences baffle drunks.
Almost same setting, with open field, neighbors, nearby road.

Just harden it up and hope for the best. I decided a while ago to treat outdoor as experimental, slept better ever since.
No expectation of success brings no great loss.

D

Deleted member 60

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ Don;t put all of your seeds (eggs) in that one, outdoor basket.

With the shit goin down now out there right now...I fear we will all have to ramp things up in our outdoor gardens. Folks are gonna be searchin for easy marks with so many people out of work/DOPE/etc.

Might be time for some cameras here as well. the game camera do work...but they are seriously "after the fact" devices. Might capture WHO...but won;t alert ya/keep you from losing plants. Fuckin sucks we gotta worry about this shit.....

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Not fucking happy!!! Couple young punks tried to find a way into my backyard last nice . I have a vacant block next door that I own and they tracked down my fence line looking for a way over my 8 ft fence . I work away from home so the wife and mother in law were freaked out a bit . Eventually when half the neighbourhoods dogs started a commotion they ran for it. Maybe a good thing I wasn’t home as they would’ve copped an air rifle pellet in each butt cheek as they ran away . I have no doubt they’ll return so it will probably be an early harvest by about a week or so. Fucking parasites

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Not fucking happy!!! Couple young punks tried to find a way into my backyard last nice . I have a vacant block next door that I own and they tracked down my fence line looking for a way over my 8 ft fence . I work away from home so the wife and mother in law were freaked out a bit . Eventually when half the neighbourhoods dogs started a commotion they ran for it. Maybe a good thing I wasn’t home as they would’ve copped an air rifle pellet in each butt cheek as they ran away . I have no doubt they’ll return so it will probably be an early harvest by about a week or so. Fucking parasites
Get a dog of your own to roam the yard

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Get a dog of your own to roam the yard
That’s him in my profile pic. I don’t have a problem with him being outside as he has a nasty protect the yard attitude . It’s the wife while I’m not home who wants her ”Little Prince “ to sleep inside with her ........ yeah on my side of the bed damn it 😆 And the mutt always gets his way while I’m not home . I don’t think he even knows he’s a dog .

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
That’s him in my profile pic. I don’t have a problem with him being outside as he has a nasty protect the yard attitude . It’s the wife while I’m not home who wants her ”Little Prince “ to sleep inside with her ........ yeah on my side of the bed damn it 😆 And the mutt always gets his way while I’m not home . I don’t think he even knows he’s a dog .
I always wondered if my dog would even do anything unless u step into our home . Can't rely on the dog they are clueless sometimes lol. And yeah my dog sleeps between us . That would be great if he would sleep outside and protect the yard .prob have to get em used to it from the start.

TheOther

My wild dog pokes me in the ass with her lower fang (thats technically not biting ) to get me up and do my job.
If that doesn't work, then she barks as loud as she can at me, then just snarls in a foul mood the rest of the day. I ruined the whole day, we'll never catch the UPS driver if I'm playing Videos.

It's all about the pack with her, she was a feral puppy. Took 3 yrs to settle her down, another 2 to get a real hug
My psycho girlfriend, as my wife calls her.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I always wondered if my dog would even do anything unless u step into our home . Can't rely on the dog they are clueless sometimes lol. And yeah my dog sleeps between us . That would be great if he would sleep outside and protect the yard .prob have to get em used to it from the start.
Yep I agree . Like any K9 training if you get the right breed they just want to please you and protect you so if you heighten their senses to when your feeling threatened they know what’s going on. Blue healers / Cattle dogs make excellent guard dogs if trained for it. I know from personal experience and my daughter found out the hard way Trick or treating as a kid as well. Our dog has woken up inside quite a few times and gone ballistic on noises outside in the direction of the noise , they’ve obviously ran as when I’ve gone outside.......nothing .

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
As expected the Stoogers came back last night trekking up and down my fence line at 400am . The dog did his job and chased them down the road on command . That’s it ...... they’re all up and out of the ground a couple weeks sooner than planned but the way I see it is it’s just not worth the risk of confrontation and something is better than nothing . I’m fucking fuming ........ maggots are maggots . You can’t change that . It’s probably my fault to a degree as well. I shouldn’t gone with Durban Poison or of the like to reduce the odor .

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
As expected the Stoogers came back last night trekking up and down my fence line at 400am . The dog did his job and chased them down the road on command . That’s it ...... they’re all up and out of the ground a couple weeks sooner than planned but the way I see it is it’s just not worth the risk of confrontation and something is better than nothing . I’m fucking fuming ........ maggots are maggots . You can’t change that . It’s probably my fault to a degree as well. I shouldn’t gone with Durban Poison or of the like to reduce the odor .
That sucks I feel for ya 😔

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Once people know you grow outside they be back every year to see what you have...then they will mastermind and steal them.
The people on meth...around here all they do is go through everyones yards to see what they can steal for there dirty habit.
I myself dont put nothing outside till end of june....as i know those kinda people have already went through yards and usually wont be back. I only put 1 or 2 plants outside....no more than that. I keep my plants outside at 3 foot so i try to put plants out that dont stretch to much when they trip to flower.
Last year i only had 1 plant out and i still to this day have a ounce left...i like to blow a big ass outdoor doob once in awhile....just thinking about it i think ill roll a fat boy of outdoor and stink up the block lol