Need some info on the droop

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
What's ppl. My question to you is....
At the end of my 18 hour light cycle 1 or sometimes 2 of my plants show signs of drooping fan leaves. After the dark cycle hits the are back up and perky. Then they drop again towards the end of the next light cycle. Seems to be repetitive. The plants are healthy, no browning or yellowing of the leaves and still vigorous.
Anybody???

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What's ppl. My question to you is....
At the end of my 18 hour light cycle 1 or sometimes 2 of my plants show signs of drooping fan leaves. After the dark cycle hits the are back up and perky. Then they drop again towards the end of the next light cycle. Seems to be repetitive. The plants are healthy, no browning or yellowing of the leaves and still vigorous.
Anybody???
I got a new veg-specific light and noticed that also. My deduction was that they were getting all the light they needed and then some, and were just tired by the end of it. I dropped a few hours off the cycle to 16/8 over the course of a few days and that seemed to help.

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Hmm that does make some sense... they are growing like crazy.. this is my first time growing clones and not from seed. I wonder if that's a factor as well....thx HAF

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hmm that does make some sense... they are growing like crazy.. this is my first time growing clones and not from seed. I wonder if that's a factor as well....thx HAF
If it's clones definitely dial back the light. They need (a little) more food than seedlings and less light.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Drooping fan leaves just before lights out is completely normal. Every plant I've grown has done it, and I'm sure all of yours have too, you just never noticed it before. I've always noticed it because I take a lot of time-lapse videos. If you watch this video I made you will see the leaves droop and then spring back up over and over. That is because I only had it record when the lights were on, so the droop is just before the lights turned off, and the springing back up is from just after the lights turned on and it started recording.

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Drooping fan leaves just before lights out is completely normal. Every plant I've grown has done it, and I'm sure all of yours have too, you just never noticed it before. I've always noticed it because I take a lot of time-lapse videos. If you watch this video I made you will see the leaves droop and then spring back up over and over. That is because I only had it record when the lights were on, so the droop is just before the lights turned off, and the springing back up is from just after the lights turned on and it started recording.

Wow man...that was an amazingly informative video..thank you for sharing that!!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Completely normal like others have said. Just how they roll... Clone or seed completely normal dude..
Just my 2 cents
But - on some strains could this also be a 'stressor' if they go to the extreme?

I'm not talking normal stuf like in the video. Mine were showing "I need water bad" droop, when they didn't. I have been doing this for a few years under the same lights. New lights and I noticed it. Only reason I chimed in was because it was recent.

Last edited:

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
But - on some strains could this also be a 'stressor' if they go to the extreme?

I'm not talking normal stuf like in the video. Mine were showing "I need water bad" droop, when they didn't. I have been doing this for a few years under the same lights. New lights and I noticed it. Only reason I chimed in was because it was recent.
Good point. But ya id say its prolly just in the genetics wise. I dont think changing lights or spectrum wood cause leaf droop like u said.

I just was stating all of my plants i grew inside or out wood b perky when lights come on and towards end of cycle theyd b not as perked up..
As long as theyre healthy, it shudnt b a problem imo. Thx

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

Whats growing in the pot?clovers?

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda

Well I keep learning something every grow, this one is no exception. The 1 plant never stopped drooping, watered or more dry. They are in well drained fabric pots, so no excess water hanging about. I finally got pissed and culled the plant out of the tent tent and was put in a completely dark room for a couple days until I was ready to dispose of it properly....... sure enough when when went to grab it , every fuking leaf was standing straight up on point!!! I put her back in the tent and she seems to be doing fine now. No more droop...... so another question is , the 48rn or so in the dark was enough time for this plant to "heal" itself and get back on track. This is not the first time I have observed this. Awhile back I removed a plant that looked like death in dirt and 72 hours later it was healthy as can be and went to finish with no problems.