Need more light for grow space

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
So I’m growing in a 8*4 footprint area in the middle of a make shift panda film room in the basement.341E17DE-5869-490D-8C00-34532E4A3799.gifB7A7B6E8-DA34-4694-9435-8EA377F054A3.jpegi already have two of these lights
👇👇👇👇
aRe they any good???
72A2EAB3-8498-4A11-8130-5F4A60C51013.jpeg which cover a 2 by 4 area each. What should I get to fill the rest of my lighting needs in this space??? I want to produce quantity of quality. What’s the best three or four options for this being the led light game keeps advancing idk??

Any help from fellow chuckers is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
There's a lot of options out there these days, qb's, cobs, cmh, etc. But this is a really good chance to see the difference in lights. A 4 x 4 with what you have and a 4 x 4 with whatever you choose should help you see the difference in what lights can do.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
So I’m growing in a 8*4 footprint area in the middle of a make shift panda film room in the basement.View attachment 20276View attachment 20275i already have two of these lights
👇👇👇👇
aRe they any good???
View attachment 20277 which cover a 2 by 4 area each. What should I get to fill the rest of my lighting needs in this space??? I want to produce quantity of quality. What’s the best three or four options for this being the led light game keeps advancing idk??

Any help from fellow chuckers is greatly appreciated.
Those lights will grow quality weed. A lot of quality weed may be questionable since most of those blurples have heavily inflated specs that give the illusion they will be better than they really are. Just about any horticulture light can get that job done. I've seen some quality T5 grows that put many "good hobbyist" grows to shame that have much "nicer" gear. I feel If you have solid genetics, feed right, & have a dialed in environment- that will have more impact on quality/quantity than any light ever will.
8x4 is a nice area to play in too!

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Depends where you live climate wise and what you can spend. I’d personally use those blurps for veg only.
2 315 watt cmh fixtures would be an affordable yet still efficient option. This is a tiny bit underkill but not bad. I just bought one bulbed for 220 Canadian. Might be a cool option to run a blurp between 2 315 s. LED would be the way to go but only if you use good shit. Would be pretty pricey up front Tho

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Those lights are actually 450 watts each. Recomended for a 3 x 3 coverage. Both of those cover about 6 x 3. Put a 315 CMH in the centre and let it rip!