Need help designing drainage for my 4 x 8 tent.

Don't want to use huge trays because I can't bring them into the house. Sick of using 6" saucers inside 10" saucers and shop vac them all out. It's a ton of work every day.

Can I build something? I don't mind using the shop vac as long as I vac out one or two places and not 64 different saucers every day.

TIA 🤗

D

Deleted member 60

Dunno if you can see it @Hotwired ...and if you can you'll see it's a bit short for the tent....

But what I used on a prior grow and am working to incorporate into this one...if I don't got too overboard on plants...LOL.... is a cut down truck bed liner. I had a camper in my truck for years...so I took the liner...(a Tundra 4 door..so it's only 6 ft) and cut it down flat...then did a little heating on it to help channel water into a tub. I wasn't/don't really do Drain-to-water type grows...but like you...I don't like saucers/water standing in saucers if I do water hard. It's a bit flimsy so I sit in on some plywood/etc. Either way...if it sounds like something you'd be interested in...I've seen bed liners on Crazedlist for free/cheap. A full sized liner would work very well.
DSC_4099.JPG

Dunno if you can see it @Hotwired ...and if you can you'll see it's a bit short for the tent....

But what I used on a prior grow and am working to incorporate into this one...if I don't got too overboard on plants...LOL.... is a cut down truck bed liner. I had a camper in my truck for years...so I took the liner...(a Tundra 4 door..so it's only 6 ft) and cut it down flat...then did a little heating on it to help channel water into a tub. I wasn't/don't really do Drain-to-water type grows...but like you...I don't like saucers/water standing in saucers if I do water hard. It's a bit flimsy so I sit in on some plywood/etc. Either way...if it sounds like something you'd be interested in...I've seen bed liners on Crazedlist for free/cheap. A full sized liner would work very well.
View attachment 132630
I can't make out what you got going on there sticky 🤗

4x4 flood and drain tray, all kinds of used shit for sale here in Canada. Everyone jumped on the grow wagon. Now they are jumping off.
I don’t grow too tall and I hate bending over so I build a base and legs for them to get at a a more ergonomic level. Then you can slide a pail under. And collect any runoff.
I can't bring trays in the house. Nosy neighbors 🤗

D

Deleted member 2835

I'm terrible without instructions 🤗
Ok then cut 4 2×4 s to your length and width then nail the partial board to the rectangle you just made with the 2x4s. Then you want to cut an additional 4 2 x4s to whatever height you desire make sure to have two of them at least an inch longer( in order for it to drain properly) for the legs then you take your pond liner and lay it over top of your newly created table. Drill a hole on the downward end and plumb your drainage to the hole. Hope this helps.

Ok then cut 4 2×4 s to your length and width then nail the partial board to the rectangle you just made with the 2x4s. Then you want to cut an additional 4 2 x4s to whatever height you desire make sure to have two of them at least an inch longer( in order for it to drain properly) for the legs then you take your pond liner and lay it over top of your newly created table. Drill a hole on the downward end and plumb your drainage to the hole. Hope this helps.
Too much work. I'm disabled. My penis is broken 😥

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Corrugated roofing material tilted towards a rain gutter. Perhaps that gutter could go into a toat if the tent is elevated. ;)
I have used a washing machine over flow pan with gravel with ok results. The pan comes with a relief cut out for a drain hose. You could PVC a drain going to a to bucket. A piece of plywood and a tall bed frame could work as a tent stand. The new square tube 18" high frames are super light and some fold up for easy transport.