N CA outdoor help

caligrown

Brand new here. I been hobby growing outdoor for 5-6 years and made hella mistakes but finally got one to turn out last year and she was 6x6, went full term, and produced ~3lbs of better weed then I can buy and 1-2 lbs of larf. I was so happy! I got a good handle on the basics but tryin to hone in on some techniques now other than proper watering, soil, what kinda pots, etc. I am in 65 GAL pots using “designer” bagged soil from a grow shop. They went outside in May and I transplanted into the final pots early June. Wind in my area is wicked and I have found I really need to provide structure or they don’t get going or I lose full limbs in flower. I pretty much been keeping everything the same except 1-2 things Y-O-Y to try and improve slowly but keep the things that work, working. So this year I have been thinking about defoliation of the inside stuff to reduce the larfy stuff and maybe get some of that energy pushing out farther. When do you do that, in VEG or Stretch? How much do you take and when? I’m kinda hesitant to cut a lot on these plants and just kinda spread them out and let them go.. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it!!!

Attachments

caligrown

Looks fun! Just at a glance I would recomment a layer of mulch and/or a cover crop in the pot to help keep the moisture from evaporating from the soil as quick, and if they aren't in there already - WORMS! ;)
cool, I’ll put some mulch on the top of the soil. I did dig&bury the bottom 30% the pots to try and conserve water for the 1st time this year and that seems to be helping…but it’s too early to really tell how much. TYVM.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Looks like your off to a good start!
When I lived in Or I had quite a few outdoor grows.
I would prune for structure early then never mess with them.
Build support for them as they grew, but never trimmed leaves.
To much work involved with that!
Good luck man, can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!
_DSC3747.JPG20170824_085047.jpg20170829_071851.jpg

caligrown

D

Deleted member 2835

Ļĺllopĺĺĺĺļlkĺĺolĺljlĺllllĺl m l kill ll I ĺĺlĺlllkĺĺĺĺlli ppl ĺĺĺilijoooĺ I'll papillon ppl if ppl illlp00ppp0 on I I p l I I iolite I look I on oolong i