My way Root Salve

Cannabis Root Salve

First let me say I find it interesting I have been unable to find a simple way to make Root Salve. All the research I have been able to find tells me it would be a great topical for PAIN. I saw lots of information on things “THEY” used HEMP for including Child Birth(More Research NEEDED), Broken Bones and other things. The part I was interested in was how they would use it on Broken Bones. As someone that was on the strongest codeine for over 10 years due to DISH that no surgeon will touch. I now grow my own medication and am not afraid to find ways to make it better. What my internet research found was they used to dry the roots and grind it into a powder and use a poultice (Pain Relief Patch). The way I grow is in Hydroponics, but I don’t think that matters. What I’m not going to do is dry my angle hair roots out. I just wash them off until they are clean. I then took one of the small crock pots filled it half full of roots and two cups of coconut oil. I left the lid off for the first 8 to 10 hours to get rid of the water that was left. After the water was about gone I put it on low with the lid on it for the remainder of 24 hours. Best I could tell it was about 241 degrees. Then strain out the roots and add essential oils/bees wax to your liking. I use this Root Salve on my spine and joints for pain. Also on my feet for Neuropathy, it works for me.

Please comment and offer any improvements I could make based on your experience and or opion.

Current Flower Room contains Power Glue, Glue Berry, Incredible Bulk, Jedi Glue, Daddy Cake and Strawberry Banana Banner.

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
Cannabis Root Salve

First let me say I find it interesting I have been unable to find a simple way to make Root Salve. All the research I have been able to find tells me it would be a great topical for PAIN. I saw lots of information on things “THEY” used HEMP for including Child Birth(More Research NEEDED), Broken Bones and other things. The part I was interested in was how they would use it on Broken Bones. As someone that was on the strongest codeine for over 10 years due to DISH that no surgeon will touch. I now grow my own medication and am not afraid to find ways to make it better. What my internet research found was they used to dry the roots and grind it into a powder and use a poultice (Pain Relief Patch). The way I grow is in Hydroponics, but I don’t think that matters. What I’m not going to do is dry my angle hair roots out. I just wash them off until they are clean. I then took one of the small crock pots filled it half full of roots and two cups of coconut oil. I left the lid off for the first 8 to 10 hours to get rid of the water that was left. After the water was about gone I put it on low with the lid on it for the remainder of 24 hours. Best I could tell it was about 241 degrees. Then strain out the roots and add essential oils/bees wax to your liking. I use this Root Salve on my spine and joints for pain. Also on my feet for Neuropathy, it works for me.

Please comment and offer any improvements I could make based on your experience and or opion.

Current Flower Room contains Power Glue, Glue Berry, Incredible Bulk, Jedi Glue, Daddy Cake and Strawberry Banana Banner.

Kinda getting into the same thing myself. Not for me but for others and their pain. A family member of mine made some salve a few weeks ago and we've been trying to find people to try it to get some feedback. The little we have gotten has been positive so far. I'm finding it hard to find "test dummies" that give decent feedback.

With my medical issues Cannabis has been a life saver for me. I no longer take any other medications. In the fall I hurt my elbow in my outdoor veg garden. The doctor said to just ware a strap on it. I just put some root salve on it and the pain is gone. I just find it hard to find any good information on ways to use or process the roots. So I just went for it. I'm so happy.