My passion

GCG

Dinosaur
Currently have 2 Dubsteps, 2 Bounty Hunter, 2 Eagle Scout and one Wedding Cake starting week 3 of flower.

Using Vegamatrix this run, usually use New Millennium until about weeks 6 then go all organic until flush. Used OG Tea Pure for flush and miss it.

Also use Mammoth P, Azos and Mykos WP. Feed the soil once a week or so and usually add Carb Naria and Budswell, no other nutes that feeding.

Treat a few times in Veg with Azaplus for bugs as a preemptive measure whether needed or not.

Have a Co2 burner and use a 315 and a Kind 750 over a 3 x 3 ish area. Central a/c plus supplemental portable ducted a/c. (Sealed room so burner heats it up) Keep my girls on the samller side, all personal so works well for me.

Keep temps between 69 and 79 with humidity between 50 and 65. Will drop temp a few degrees and get humidity down between 35 and 50 after week 6. Also switch to 11/13 week 6 and dial intensity of LED down a little, eliminating blues but bumping the uv up to 25%. Organic nutes only til flush.

Have clones of all 7 in flower and anything worthy will go into tissue culture for long term storage. Not messing with traditional moms anymore.

Tuasue culture is new for me and research tells me its all about a sterile clean environment. Built a badass laminar flow hood with all glass surface so I should have a suitable work space. Will update good or bad.

Any questiona or advice Im all ears. Much respect to all, have enjoyed spying for a week two. Excited to be here. Feel a little old and and out of touch. Honestly not used to sharing this much but fuck it. The world is changing so am I.

Lookimg toward to this new chapter.0827190825.jpg

End of week 2. LED will be off next pics.

GCG

Dinosaur
The canopy in the pic is basically representative of my expected yield. Really thin out underneath.

Dubsteps are incredibly uniform, nice and open. Stretched to almost twice their size so far but seem to be slowing. Strong lateral branching really nice bud development for 2 weeks. Veg was as vigorous as anything I've grown. Smell in room too muddled to really differentiate right now.

Wedding Cake is similar in structure to Dubstep, just a little shorter and bustier. Bent branches down and tied off to base of stem allowing inside to flourish and it did. Nice table top.

Eagle Scouts are rhe lushest bushiest of the bunch, only ones I can discern smell. Both
lean Cookies, so I'm excited. Stayed shorter in Veg but caught up to Dubstiep and WC now.

The Bounty Hunters are beautiful, stretched the most but are showing great stacking potential. Really open plants, light penetration is no issue, could have left the lower section thicker in hindsight. Really like the morphology of this plant.

Topped all once but ALL have great lateral branching so they appear more manipulated than they are.

Cant tell you how excited I am for these genetics. Everything I've grown in the last 5 year's has been adequate for an old pot head like me and my less indulgent friends generally find it to be fire but I want something special again.

Worked a lot of miscellaneous cuts and random suspect seeds that could never be verified as what they were supposed to be.
Longing for my mid 90's G-13 cross or my Blueberry Ghost OG that I lost to 7 days of no power. Two of my all time favorite I've grown. Good to finally have access to fire seeds.

Will be updating weekly with pics unless something arises that's note worthy.

As always advice is always welcomed and much appreciated. Some of you folks throw down in the garden. Impressive

GCG

Dinosaur
Found an issue with my process.
I use a CO2 burner and keep my space bouncing between 900 and 1500ppm when lights are on.
Problem is, I went into space few minutes before ligjts on today and CO2 meter was flashing 2500+ ppm.
Sealed space and plants releasing CO2 sent levels through the roof when they should be at their lowest. Hadn't noticed before and frankly hadn't even considered it.
Have exhaust fans clearing air at lights out until half hour before lights on now.
How bad is it to have crazy high CO2 levels during dark period? I know its not good, just wondering how bad.
Just had new central air installed for space so dont need to vent heat anymore. Exhaust fans were unplugged. Until this run fans were almost always on.
3 weeks in flower Tuesday so not too worried but glad I noticed.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
All 2500 was from release from the plants during the dark cycle? Or was some residual? Wow!
Love to hear some input on this from someone with experience monitoring a setup 24 hrs a day.

Very nice!

I'd love to see your flow hood and specs. cfm, hepa thickness, fan type, prefilter, plenum design etc. :) cool stuff

GCG

Dinosaur
All 2500 was from release from the plants during the dark cycle? Or was some residual? Wow!
Love to hear some input on this from someone with experience monitoring a setup 24 hrs a day.

Very nice!

I'd love to see your flow hood and specs. cfm, hepa thickness, fan type, prefilter, plenum design etc. :) cool stuff
I built a big ugly box with plywood 2' x 2' x 2' with a 12" x 12" MERV13 intake filter on top. Installed a 2000cfm fan. Used foamboard to form for the fan outlet wall that feeds into my glass enclosure. Glass section is 3' long 2' wide and 2' high. Bought glass from Depot and built a frame for glass with 1×2's. Frame is on the exterior, nothing but smooth glass and silicone chalking inside.
Havent installed HEPA yet because I need do plane an eighth of an inch off one side. My glass on the top pulled away slightly when drying.
HEPA is 2' x 2' and 12" deep. Will install 10" from blower inlet wall which will give me 14" of work space..
Have shelves around it for storage and a small LED above for my first set of cultures. Glass area is full of crates with my supplies and filter is still in box but here is a pick of where it stands.
0901190350a.jpg0901190349.jpg0901190350.jpg

Not the best pics but....

jpcyan

Really Active Member
nice! I it depends on how you push the air through if it is laminar. you dont want to blow directly into filter but use a plenum chamber to build pressure, equalizing the flow throughout the filter surface. Sounds like you will have it correct with the glass. I wish you luck and hope to see it when you complete it. ahhh i missed a pic, it looks complete :D awesome.very cool build . Impressive

This is my unit, the hepa is only a 3 inch but can be changed to ULPA or larger HEPA if needed. I actually rarely use, but once in a while for agar. I picked up for $75.00 new in box
Filter:
Resistance: .55 @ rated flow 387 CFM.
Efficiency : 99.997 % @ .3 micron particulate at rated flow.
backlamflow.jpgfrontlamflow - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

jpcyan

Really Active Member
It is basically using a sterile medium to replicate plants at a cellular level. Similar to cloning but with much less variation on the plants genetics.
Done in a test tube with a highly nutritional growth medium such as murashige and skoog, basal cells are replicated. Some plants have been done with just a small tissue sample, others require a growth point from what I understand. Just as some plants and trees are more or less difficult to propagate from cuttings/clones.

Where 500 healthy mother plants might produce 5500 clones per month or 66000 clones per year, 500 tubes with 2 plant tissue samples each could yield over 2 million plants per year. In a specific nutrient rich growth medium.

Changing the formulation of the nutrient medium and environmental conditions for storage can affect growth rates and enable slower reproduction to almost stasis. Allowing the genetic line to be preserved for long periods of time with no genetic mutations or outside conditions affecting its genetic stability.

Its micro propagation in a sterile controlled environment.
Similar to storing cultures of mushrooms on agar for long term.

That's my understanding of it anyway hehe. I might be a bit off on some aspects but its the general idea.
Ive attempted it many years ago but my situation changed ( I had to move abruptly for a job) and I had to give up on the project.

GCG

Dinosaur
I’ve dabbled in TC.
How long do you expect between reculturing during storage?
I’ve done some orchid seed, carnivorous plants and funji.
Have rooting and multiplication hormones for a hemp protocol I found, just no time LOL
Honestly dont know yet. Going to manipulate temps mainly to try and slow growth without stopping it. Going to be some trial and error for sure.