My low effort outdoor ILGM Purple Haze

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Started her indoors in late March, transplanted her into the ground in early June, and haven’t done a thing with her since. She’s already about 6.5 feet tall so I will probably top her soon to prevent her from getting too tall. I know I’ll need to prune those lower branches too, eventually, but she’s so pretty I’ve just been letting her do her thing.
6C8E524B-84C2-4B02-97B2-0E049F4BE2F4.jpeg

I also have an AK-47 out there that is doing great, but she started flowering when I changed the light schedule to 14/10 before moving them outdoors. She seemed to have flipped right back into veg though.
CB68A85A-268C-47B8-A30F-511A04341AFC.jpeg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
You can always bend it downwards...
I was thinking about this, too, but we have a lot of deer and I'm trying to keep it in a somewhat small area so they can't reach it without having to step on that green garden fencing. They hate stepping on that stuff so I've found that laying it arond the plants messy like that is actually more effective than properly mounting it to poles.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Started her indoors in late March, transplanted her into the ground in early June, and haven’t done a thing with her since. She’s already about 6.5 feet tall so I will probably top her soon to prevent her from getting too tall. I know I’ll need to prune those lower branches too, eventually, but she’s so pretty I’ve just been letting her do her thing.
View attachment 63156

I also have an AK-47 out there that is doing great, but she started flowering when I changed the light schedule to 14/10 before moving them outdoors. She seemed to have flipped right back into veg though.
View attachment 63157
Nice grow but if it were me I’d be pulling those babies over on a 45% angle and let em grow up . They look a bit late to top for outdoors . Just my opinion but either way nice healthy plants . Good work 👍

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Nice grow but if it were me I’d be pulling those babies over on a 45% angle and let em grow up . They look a bit late to top for outdoors . Just my opinion but either way nice healthy plants . Good work 👍
Do you think it's too late to top? I'll have to look at the day length chart again, but I think I have close to another month left before she will start flowering (Northeastern US).

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Do you think it's too late to top? I'll have to look at the day length chart again, but I think I have close to another month left before she will start flowering (Northeastern US).
Maybe not but looking at the already Christmas tree structure of the plant I’m pretty sure if you tethered the main stem a third of the way down and slowly over a few days pulled her over all the other lower branches will level up nicely. It’s just something I’ve done for years to reduce the excess topping and producing bigger buds . I live in a hot climate though so I can afford big nuggets without fear of mould . Your call buddy , I’m sure whatever you do it’ll be successful. The plants look strong and healthy

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
You got all of July ...she will recover fast. Even if she starts to flower mid July, she has 2 weeks of outside time to grow in.
Ok, thanks, that's what I was thinking.

Maybe not but looking at the already Christmas tree structure of the plant I’m pretty sure if you tethered the main stem a third of the way down and slowly over a few days pulled her over all the other lower branches will level up nicely. It’s just something I’ve done for years to reduce the excess topping and producing bigger buds . I live in a hot climate though so I can afford big nuggets without fear of mould . Your call buddy , I’m sure whatever you do it’ll be successful. The plants look strong and healthy
Yeah, I live in a pretty wet area and these plants are actually planted on a higher section of the wetlands (AKA swamp) on my land, so it would be risky to have a huge cola on her. I'd love to just let her grow out that way, though, because I bet she'd be beautiful.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Ok, thanks, that's what I was thinking.

Yeah, I live in a pretty wet area and these plants are actually planted on a higher section of the wetlands (AKA swamp) on my land, so it would be risky to have a huge cola on her. I'd love to just let her grow out that way, though, because I bet she'd be beautiful.
I think she’d pop a nice top crown for sure . Be nice to see more pics when she turns it on in a couple months 👍