My Jack Herer is having issues, Trainwreck and Heisenbeans are doing ok

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I thought it was a mag problem, maybe things are too hot. PH swings around from 5.9 to 6.2 when i top up and it maintains that PH until i top up.

Why is only Jack having a rough time of it....is this a calmag whore situation?

I just started adding calmag on the last top up because it thought it was a mag problem but i bet someone knows exactly what it is.

Mix is at 1200 TDS

And it is effecting the 25 litre and 15 litre Jack Herers...only

DSCF1360.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I thought it was a mag problem, maybe things are too hot. PH swings around from 5.9 to 6.2 when i top up and it maintains that PH until i top up.

Why is only Jack having a rough time of it....is this a calmag whore situation?

I just started adding calmag on the last top up because it thought it was a mag problem but i bet someone knows exactly what it is.

Mix is at 1200 TDS

And it is effecting the 25 litre and 15 litre Jack Herers...only

View attachment 10750
I am just taking a stab at this but just guessing. I am thinking it could be a P or K excess. The only reason i am leaning that way is the ppm rate you are feeding, One thing for certain she should be flushed well with ph'ed water. Wish i could be more specific why don't you have a look at these charts www.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/comments/6nvn0e/cannabis_nutrient_deficiencies_excess/

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I will cut back on the flower booster and get down to around 1000 TDS for a while and see how it runs.

That makes sense.

When I ran that lucas formula it happened to everything but that is way too hot a mix.
Can you give her a good flush first? I am sure that if it is a excess of either could be causing a cal-mag lock out

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is funny that it only effected 2 plants (1 strain) when 6 plants are on the same rez?

I might flush them out tomorrow AM. Lights are off in 5 minutes exactly...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So the Jack was doing worse every day. I decided to get it out of there and really look at it. I hate grodan grow chunks. I had just enough to fill the autopot and about 1 inch of coco so i did grodan cubes with hydroton and topped it with coco and..
It holds too much moisture all the time for an autopot. And its holding salts weird not like they normally flush out with coco.
It smells like rotten swamp roots too. I flushed it out really well and took it right off the system but it is the source of my funk. It has ROOT ROT! I believe.

What do i do with it now? IT is flushed until clear water came through. Do I transplant it into something else? Let it go full course? Get it the hell out of the flower room?

Poor Jack. Day 35 on 12 12 lighting

I almost put it outside for the rest of summer. That is still a possibility if that might rebound quicker. We are at 15/9 lighting (SUN) now so it would reveg and go weird and come back or die.

What do you think?

Looking at the pics made me laugh.....the damned thing is trimming itself !

DSCF1512.JPGDSCF1510.JPGDSCF1511.JPG

Last edited:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
That sucks man. I think the damage has been done. Too late for it to recover and shine. Chalk it up to "the learning curve"

SCJedi

Synergist
I had a similar problem with my first run through 3-2-1. My ppms were pushing 1200-1300+ at close to full stength and I got the same burned edge look on one strain but not the other. My takeaway was one feeds lighter than the other, period. I flushed the bitch hard with really light nutes and pushed reservoir nute ppm down to 950-1000. She's cool like that now.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It all started when the line clogged and the pot went dry....this released all the salts in the pot and it was already at 1200.
The grodan cubes have always caused the same problem for me but i really thought i was doing something wrong. And Jack is a finicky bitch. She can piss off out of my garden eternally now. Or in 3 weeks or so i mean.

Trainwreck wants to live and that can be my sativa leaner all day :D

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So the Jack was doing worse every day. I decided to get it out of there and really look at it. I hate grodan grow chunks. I had just enough to fill the autopot and about 1 inch of coco so i did grodan cubes with hydroton and topped it with coco and..
It holds too much moisture all the time for an autopot. And its holding salts weird not like they normally flush out with coco.
It smells like rotten swamp roots too. I flushed it out really well and took it right off the system but it is the source of my funk. It has ROOT ROT! I believe.

What do i do with it now? IT is flushed until clear water came through. Do I transplant it into something else? Let it go full course? Get it the hell out of the flower room?

Poor Jack. Day 35 on 12 12 lighting

I almost put it outside for the rest of summer. That is still a possibility if that might rebound quicker. We are at 15/9 lighting (SUN) now so it would reveg and go weird and come back or die.

What do you think?

Looking at the pics made me laugh.....the damned thing is trimming itself !

View attachment 11914View attachment 11916View attachment 11917
Just a thought i would cut off all the burnt part of the leaves and keep a eye on her. Plus are you sure you flushed enough. It takes a lot! When i flush i would run 2x the amount of what ever your container size. Then back way off on nutes. I paid my mortgage off not to long ago sure is a good feeling. Between my property taxes, ins, water&sewer.electric bill seems like i still have a mortgage. You sure got lucky with your new partner! Congrats

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This time i ran 5 gallons of proper PH water and drained it well. I will prune it more tomorrow and just stick to hand watering it so i can see if it will help. 700PPM when the pot gets light enough.

And it drained all of it. My flower room is really clean now :D

I bet its still more yield than the autos..Crispy sparkly yield that will make rosin for edibles mostly but we shall see

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Also for a fast relief you can apply h2o2. Diluted in water. That should kill some of the bad bacteria and then you can apply some em1 if you have it on hand. Like a day or 2 after the peroxide, and once more in the next feeding. It should balance the rhizosphere and inhibit bad bacteria.

But all in all better watering practices should be in order it seem. Hope it bounces back. I would just let it finish if its not getting in your way.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Was just gonna tell you to pour peroxide right on it! Listen to it sizzle rinse it off. Do you have hydroguard or sensizyme or something of that sort. That's helps alot too. You should finish her out she may take an extra week to ripen because of this though so account for a longer flower.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
That clear, jelly type substance along with the browning on your roots is Pythium (root rot). You need to get it in check quick as it will spread to everything in that res. I'd suggest stopping with all the "miracle solvents" and just run a sterile res...at least until it is in check and you figure out why you are getting it in the first place (high water temps/introduction from other plants in res/etc). To combat it, Id suggest using 3% H2o2 from the drugstore at 30ml per gallon of water. Let the plants stay in that for 12 hrs. Your water will look bubbly and frothy from the reaction of the H2o2 killing off the bacteria. Change out the res and rinse the roots real well, then refill res with 3% H2o2 added at 15 ml per gallon of water, let that go another 24 hrs, rinse off the roots real good,then change everything out again but with your normal feed and 10-15 ml of H2o2 per gallon of water there after every 3 days. Your root rot issues should be history and your roots will be a clean white color in appearance.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have a quart of h202 29% around somewhere. I will dilute some down and see what happens in the morning when lights are on.
Thanks

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
My algae experiment had root rot bad, I completely removed the root mass to the net pot and ran peroxide directly into the hydroton. She is now a lovely lil thing. Hope it works out. Reds advice is sound and a lot better then being extreme like me. 🤣😈😬

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
It is funny that it only effected 2 plants (1 strain) when 6 plants are on the same rez?

I might flush them out tomorrow AM. Lights are off in 5 minutes exactly...

My own staple plant does not need as much CalMag as the Adub or wedding cake. Those show defiencies while my own plant looks fantastic.