Mouse

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I decided to try an experiment where I started seed by just planting them in dirt directly. No paper towels. I setup some solo cups under a shop light in the basement, added some water and a seed in each cup. After a few days a couple plants sprouted. A few more days and 6 of the 9 were showing. I decided to check to see what was happening in the other three. One had a seed that sort of sprouted but the tap root turned dark brown/black. That one is a fail. But the other two had seed shells like the seed had grown, but no plant. I went down this morning and found this:

update11072020.jpg

A damn mouse had eaten the tops off all my plants. I was only able to rescue two of the nine.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I decided to try an experiment where I started seed by just planting them in dirt directly. No paper towels. I setup some solo cups under a shop light in the basement, added some water and a seed in each cup. After a few days a couple plants sprouted. A few more days and 6 of the 9 were showing. I decided to check to see what was happening in the other three. One had a seed that sort of sprouted but the tap root turned dark brown/black. That one is a fail. But the other two had seed shells like the seed had grown, but no plant. I went down this morning and found this:

View attachment 77332

A damn mouse had eaten the tops off all my plants. I was only able to rescue two of the nine.
Just curious, was your profile pic always a mouse? 😂 Or is that a rat? Hard to tell on my phone lol. Kinda weird though lol

Streetpro09

Tester
Just curious, was your profile pic always a mouse? 😂 Or is that a rat? Hard to tell on my phone lol. Kinda weird though lol
Man I was gonna say the same thing. I'm pretty sure that's been his profile pic for as long as I can remember. Pretty ironic.

That definitely sucks bro. I fucking hate nice! Ain't nothing that'll scare me more than a mouse running across the floor. Lol

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Yeah, it's always been this drawing of a rat I did a few years back.

For mice in the basement, I just use cheap spring traps from the hardware store. I bait them with peanut butter but haven't set them up since we have more issues in the winter than any other time of year. They are set now. ;) As much as I hate mice, I want them to die in one quick snap so I won't use glue traps. They seem kinda cruel.

I moved the surviving plants into a tent. (I cut down the last plant in that tent so I can now set the timer to 18/6 instead of 12/12.) I started some new seeds to replace the ones that were eaten.