Mother Plants....I am almost ready

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So...i have grown a lot of strains from seed to finish...now i have an idea of what i want to keep and maybe i want to have 2 keeper moms so i can run something forever.

I could probably dedicate a 5 square foot tent to 2 mothers. How much light would you need over that 5 feet? My lower light options are a QB135 in 4k and a MARS doorstop 48 (85 watts in grow)

I have lots of seeds to keep running it but...geeze i wish i had of kept skunky VA #3...BIG TIME

That Wedding DUB, 3 others...so its time to fix that. and a mom is only 1 plant...:D her kids are the same 1...i love my math better.

Saboo the Shaman

Really Active Member
There's a thread on icrag about bonsai moms that made me think like Turpman. Very little space is needed for moms.

I keep my moms in 1 gallon cloth pots in a homemade 1' x 2' cabinet under 30 or 40 watts of SILS. I regularly have to chop and chuck a lot of branches as I don't need many clones. I use cloth pots so the roots air prune, and therefore the mom can go for a very long time without needing to be re-potted.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
You only need You Mother big enough to branch good 3 node minimum branches , 1 below surface with Your 45degree cut just below the bottom node and placed in rooter. You could fit a lot of mothers in a 5 X 5 in 1 gallon pots . Take 3-4 clones at a time and by the time ready for next run she will be ready to give many more

Punisher84

Just some asshole
You only need You Mother big enough to branch good 3 node minimum branches , 1 below surface with Your 45degree cut just below the bottom node and placed in rooter. You could fit a lot of mothers in a 5 X 5 in 1 gallon pots . Take 3-4 clones at a time and by the time ready for next run she will be ready to give many more
Think he is in a 2x2.5 tent.

I read somewhere a guy using small square pots, like 2.5L, once they got so root bound he would remove the pot, chop the bottom half of the rootball off and add new soil to take its place, then put the plant back over the new dirt.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Berry skunk funk. :) very nice. And as it aged it was even better. The wedding dub is ridiculous. I am leaving stuff until it ambers up from now on the effect is nicer.
Giggly even. Wedding Dub is a frosty ass kief tray filler too.

A skunky VA i would have loved to keep as a mom. #3 of that one was my favorite....I really like that skunky berry taste. And if its ganster skunk and a little berry or all berry a little skunk they all taste great.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It makes delicious hash....and its a wonderful smoke. I broke out a 10 gram bud to sample. :D fat ass buds.

It is mostly berry now...a hint of skunk...very strong.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I used to use 5 gal buckets in waterfarm drips, then used 1 gal pots, and even went with 1/2 gal pots for my mommas in F&D as of recent. I dont need many cuts at a time, so the mommas can be quite small and require very little space. I reclone for a new momma about every 4-6 months or so. Keep em bushwacked small just enough to leave 3x what you took/need to take from it. Trim/top/prune often.

GCG

Dinosaur
Schwaggy keeps his moms in 5" square pots. Fits a shitload of them in pretty small area. Bonsai moms would be cool too but assume they need more attention. I'm still waiting to finalize my flow hood for tissue culture storage of moms. Have put it off for months. Need to stop procrastinating. Could keep 20 moms in a shoebox in culture.