Most resiliant...newbie strains

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have a friend that just started growing. I sent them some seeds including some Northern Lights which i think is a great newbie strain. I will steer them towards these strains until they cut their teeth. Put down the 20 week flower sativa...no you cant grow that in 8 bubble buckets and have a harvest thats worth a shit :D

These grew as easy as a plant can.
Blue Dream
Northern Lights
Cheese (skunk variants
White Rhino

In your experience what is the easiest newbie strain? Sativa and indica.

They can begin sourcing their seeds after they murder the 30 i sent :D

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
Out of the about 5 strains I know. Green crack is far the easiest. It can be a little leggy but it's hard to kill, doesn't require much defoliting' cloned easy and puts out a real nice harvest. High can be speedy though.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
I would say you are right on northernlights and the cheese are very easy
for new growers all they need to do is keep it simple use less for nutes and kick back
I know with some of the strains out now they can be a pain I like to grow less fussy weed
myself never got to grow the white rhino that's a oldie

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
Out of the about 5 strains I know. Green crack is far the easiest. It can be a little leggy but it's hard to kill, doesn't require much defoliting' cloned easy and puts out a real nice harvest. High can be speedy though.
where can you get the green crack seeds I have been searching around
havnt seen any for sale hazeman had some but sold out on DCS seeds

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
I also want to get ahold of Christmas tree bud seeds as well I think that's a easy one to grow
from what I hurd I see useful has a skunk cross with the Christmas tree I was thinking on buying
skunky pine does sound good to me old school flavors

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
where can you get the green crack seeds I have been searching around
havnt seen any for sale hazeman had some but sold out on DCS seeds
Wish I could help ya there. I got them off a buddy. I'm kinda surprised it's not more popular now a days. Seems like it's all the flavor of the month now. Not that I'm complaining lol. I really like to find some skunk from back in the late 90's. Ya know the kind you could smell in the other room lol when it's still the bag in someone's pocket 😆

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
if indoors, try some indicas, more than finicky long flowering sats or sat dom. If outdoors, may switch it up a lil. To be brutally honest, all strains are pretty much easy to grow, but they won't grow themselves, lol. It's a weed. It'll grow in a crack in a sidewalk. Or a city halls' flower beds, lol. Try an easy indica, but the real trick is both in making mistakes and learning from them, and doin a lil research and reading on other grows and growers experiences also, this does help some, but nothing like lessons learned, both successes and failures, jmho.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I agree completely. Sticking to old school stuff that is not hermie prone is their best bet. And they have enough Northern Lights to get going :)

What bugged me though is the hydro guy sold them a 'GREAT' newbie system...its an 8 bubble bucket system...that has a single 8 port air pump....so you plug them or have to run 8. LOL...i have trouble with a single a lot of the time.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I would add Superskunk (pretty disease/mold/rot resistant) but highlight the Northern Lights as the prime one.

My first NL grow was hideous, I tried to kill her every way known to growers, and she produced this in the end once I trimmed all the ugly away.
1573662053421.png