Most accurate PH meter on the market?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
None of them are infinite. You'll either buy replacements or replacement parts. If you are doing hydro I don't know what to say. In soil I don't think that level of accuracy is needed. The soil itself is a buffer. I think the Apera is a decent average of inexpensive vs quality. Mid-range price, but reliable.

Diskokobaja

Also when you buy an Apera or Bluelab pens....they come in a case that has all the solutions etc you need. For my red cheap pen....I use Milwakee branded solution.
I currently have some two cheap chinese ones that are seemingly reading correct as for now at least.. I calibrate them with those eBay bought ph calibration soils.. I was thinking.If I lower my ph with lime acid, and lime acid dont hold ph down too long, and bio nutes are taking longer to plant to use them, Am I doing that wrong? will that ph raise back in soil to? locking up some nutrients?

I currently have some two cheap chinese ones that are seemingly reading correct as for now at least.. I calibrate them with those eBay bought ph calibration soils.. I was thinking.If I lower my ph with lime acid, and lime acid dont hold ph down too long, and bio nutes are taking longer to plant to use them, Am I doing that wrong? will that ph raise back in soil to? locking up some nutrients?
I do not know too much about lime acid and such as I use PH Up and Down when needed and it's rare that I need it. I do not know much about Bio Nutes either. What I can tell you is that if the PH isnt in range of where the plant needs it, Yes all types of nutrients can be locked out. I grew in soil for quite some time and NEVER ONCE have I Ph'd anything. Now that I am growing in DWC...I have to check.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Many products finish out mixed at around 5.8 to 6.2.

If you run heavier K it will drop like a stone and lockout.

10 30 20 at 1000 TDS is around 4.5 with RO water.

Start at 6.5 with RO and 7.0 with tap

For veg with mc it's great in a f and d it needs oh down

Jack's 10 30 20 needs it up dynagrow bloom too with RO

The three part I use now comes out at 6.2 in a flower formula so I oh down that a bit most of the time.

Water systems I start at 5.5 and coco 5.5 to 6.2 Variable.

I use a bluelab and check it with water and solution. I calibrate every couple months but it's been reliable for me

I AM

With what do you calibrate it ??
And how do you store your ph pens?
There is a 7.0 calibrating solution...mine was green in a 1 liter bottle. Hanna pro has a cap cover for the test point & its water proof.

I used to use the ph test drops kit. Then the basic hanna...dropped it in my dwc bucket an it shorted out. Got the hanna pro...if i go back to dwc ill go blue lab.

I AM

I do not know too much about lime acid and such as I use PH Up and Down when needed and it's rare that I need it. I do not know much about Bio Nutes either. What I can tell you is that if the PH isnt in range of where the plant needs it, Yes all types of nutrients can be locked out. I grew in soil for quite some time and NEVER ONCE have I Ph'd anything. Now that I am growing in DWC...I have to check.
Do you think that my coco will handle PH like soil???