Mold developing on coca

Biggbudzlova

HELP!!!! This is my first grow and everything has been going fine until today.. I noticed mold growing on my medium... coca..... I need to get ride of it before it kills my babies..23C59A76-12E3-406C-8B66-03E0E2A87DF6.jpegDD0F950A-9623-495F-9845-2B592102E550.jpeg

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
What do you have going on there? Looks like the pot is in a toat? What are you feeding? Looks like salt on the plastic.

Glossybudz

Super Active Member
Explain please.
The three main types of UV rays are UVA, UVB, and UVC. Because UVC rays have the shortest wavelength, and therefore highest energy, they are capable of killing bacteria and viruses, also called pathogens. UVC light has a wavelength of between 200 and 400 nanometers (nm)

joeystyle

HELP!!!! This is my first grow and everything has been going fine until today.. I noticed mold growing on my medium... coca..... I need to get ride of it before it kills my babies..View attachment 69575View attachment 69576
Hello. I have two suggestions that have worked wonders for me. First off try mixing your coco with 35-40% perlite for drainage. This will allow more oxygen in your root zone and help prevent overwatering. pure coco holds more than its weight in water. more than dirt. Also, I think i'd incorporate some natural enzymes that eat the bad bacteria. It wont hurt any beneficial microbes. (kills pythium and algae) My favorte is "Cannazym". works with any nutrient line. and most mediums. there are many brands. Sensizyme, Hygrozyme.... They all work. I do like Canna far better because its stronger. Just dont use it on seedlings or cuttings that arent yet 'rooted'. Its alive. Its purpose is to break down dead root material and turn it back into nutrients and sugars the plant can absorb. Heres the link below. There is some good science here. Their description is far better than mine. Eliminates potential for root rot. Hope this helps. Cheers.

joeystyle

One more thing might be choosing a smaller pot. I start my seeds and clones in "rapid rooters". My first potting is in a small container. The rule of thumb i use is not to repot until theyre sucking themselves dry in 24 hours. Picking a pot thats too large isnt good imho. I try to pick a size that will hold enough soup for no more than 3 days. Then when theyre down to watering every day i know its time for another repot. Also..... pick up your pots and feel their weight every single day. Its the quickest way to tell when there is a problem. (as they will quit drinking!) Hope this helps. Cheers.

inthetrees

Congrats on your first grow!

Why are you adding in a water chiller? No need for that if your in coco. Also wondering what sort of setup you have going on here... looks like dwc buckets with netpots but using coco? I've never seen coco in a bucket before... only pots.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Pond zymes

18000 gals value for 20 bucks + has basly as a feed to such. treats 18,000 gals ( I 4x rate it and reps said np and recommended for ag using )

just one table spoon per 50 gals vs their rate they suggest for ponds 1 tablespoon per 200 gal.

great results and applied every Rez feed and all the way through flush to break down any dead based and help your over all breakdown and staying also clean.

for worry of “mold” I would apply southern ag fungicide at 2ml per 20 gal and apply every 2-3 weeks. Than apply every 1-2 weeks a good beneficial bacteria tea brew to not only help your intakes, protecting your medium and roots and defend against molds and bad pathogens .

if any good bennies can conquer the bad medium rate population and also have a defense point . ever wonder how a plant or things can even grow in a swamp or bad pathogen based water? Those good fungi and bennies protect the roots and also it populates that root and medium as a family member and eco system for such. That’s the main reason why modern day ag doesn’t work if you don’t work with the orginal ecosystem and bacteria/fungi relationship .

for a suggestion of a great family and species that work with synthetics np and also has a good gram rate & population rate.impressive part is the price vs such a high population and great broad species that make it such powerful and defensive and if your on budget it’s a great “all in one”

if you got a great force no bad pathogen can beat ya ;)

5AE1662B-5C45-4B25-B2B5-B194470E4284.jpeg

Last edited: