Microbes

JWM2

Mammoth p is all hype imo. I like tribus better than mammoth p. I’ve heard good things about fish shit so I’d be willing to give it a try and compare results for sure. Tribus does make the roots go crazy though. I have roots growing out the top of my soil with it.

D

Deleted member 60

This stuff makes a dandy tea. Similar to "Recharge", I believe..and a tad cheaper. ($42 an lb vs. $50)

Bacillus Licheniformis ------- 120,000,000 cfu/g
Bacillus Pumilus ------------- 120,000,000 cfu/g
Bacillus Subtilis ------------- 120,000,000 cfu/g
Bacillus Megaterium -------- 120,000,000 cfu/g
Trichoderma Harzianum --------- 500,000 cfu/g
Trichoderma Viride ---------------- 500,000 cfu/g
Trichoderma Longibrachiatum -- 500,000 cfu/g
Glomus Intraradices --------------------- 7.1 cfu/g
Glomus Mosseae ------------------------ 7.1 cfu/g
Glomus Aggregatum -------------------- 7.1 cfu/g
Glomus Etunicatum --------------------- 7.1 cfu/g
Humic Acid, Fulvic Acid, Amino Acid, Kelp (Ascophyllum Nodosum), Black Strap Molasses

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I like URB, I used the Fish Shit and couldn't really tell it did much, especially when I removed it from the process. I can say this, the ingredients in URB and if you add your homeade calmagsweet, aka epsom salts and blackstrap, its not far off from those ingredients listed above. I also have a sample packet of the aurora innovations micro stuff, orgasm, oregonism, I think, lol, Never tried it or their terp tea blow and groom, but have the sample packets. You gots to have the microbes in your soil or mix, that's for sure., jme and jmho

D

Deleted member 60

Glad it works well for ya. I went to their site and see they list the microbes in this formula...but not the concentrations/CF/U's. Also no Glomus or Intraradices whatsoever in this formulation...so not the same. From my understanding...if you only used one group of microbes that was targeted at cannabis...intraradices would be it. Whadda I know tho...LOL.

Sample packs are good....yup.... gotta love it.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I’ve been surviving off the sample packs. Every time I go to the grow shop and theirs a different person running the register I start asking questions about microbes. Then they break out the test samples and are happy to jam them in my pockets

PoppinSeeds

Got my sample of URB Friday to Pop seeds. Nice stuff. Spoke to some guy Cody and told me that I could do away with the stuff I was using since I can use URB from seed through harvest. Then he said do a side-by-side to see difference for myself. My new and 8 year old seeds popped in less then 18 hours. The 8 y/o seeds I tried a few different times with other stuff out there and nothing! I am curious of what results will look like compared to the way I have been growing.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Got my sample of URB Friday to Pop seeds. Nice stuff. Spoke to some guy Cody and told me that I could do away with the stuff I was using since I can use URB from seed through harvest. Then he said do a side-by-side to see difference for myself. My new and 8 year old seeds popped in less then 18 hours. The 8 y/o seeds I tried a few different times with other stuff out there and nothing! I am curious of what results will look like compared to the way I have been growing.
Yea, stiicky's stuff is better than URB, according to Jorge Cervantes, due to the glomus intradices, now called rhizophagus irregularis. You want that one and the glomus mossasae in your innoculant. And apparently its better for soil and outdoors. URB has just about all stiickys stuff in it minus those glomus. I see two reports saying not to use indoors, for some reason, aka soilless mediums. I also see Sannie has a recipe he's been using since early 2010's that does indeed contain the glomus, but he grows outside. I wouldn't have thought it mattered, but after doin some research, I think it does. I wonder if that's why URB dont' include it, even though they advertise to use outside too and Ive seen a difference in my tomato plants with URB. Like you should use URB in or out, but stiickys stuff with soil outside. Just an observation. I just can't argue with the difference its made while simplifying my feed process by not adding anything but megacrop and the homeade deal. but JME

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I also still have aurora innovations oregonism, I"ll have to see whats in it, to see if its any good. I suspect mycos is good period, but I also see so many they've yet to identify or know how those affect the process of innoculants. I see it has the glomus too and comes highly recommended, I believe i'll hollar at URB today and get their answer why no glomus in their recipe and why it works so well.

D

Deleted member 60

I think the Oregonism product is kinda/sorta similar to the Mikrobs and Recharge product. Humics...kelp...and other stuff in their mixes...whereas products like OG Biowar (Cap's stuff) and Vital Roots micros are floated in a talc base/etc....with no other additives in the mix. I got tired of the OG/talc crapola and the 3 bags that supposedly do different things. (like get into your wallet big time) I just liike the mixes that make a decent "tea" better than the talc stuff you have to let settle and just don't really want/need in your soil mix.

Will be interesting to hear their take about the glomus/etc...@Bodyne. Evidently the "Mikrobs" product was developed after the owner realized how much shit folks were putting on their lawns in his hood in FL....
And it works great on our grass as well....

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I think the Oregonism product is kinda/sorta similar to the Mikrobs and Recharge product. Humics...kelp...and other stuff in their mixes...whereas products like OG Biowar (Cap's stuff) and Vital Roots micros are floated in a talc base/etc....with no other additives in the mix. I got tired of the OG/talc crapola and the 3 bags that supposedly do different things. (like get into your wallet big time) I just liike the mixes that make a decent "tea" better than the talc stuff you have to let settle and just don't really want/need in your soil mix.

Will be interesting to hear their take about the glomus/etc...@Bodyne. Evidently the "Mikrobs" product was developed after the owner realized how much shit folks were putting on their lawns in his hood in FL....
And it works great on our grass as well....
Yea, I read where the glomus stuff is especially good for either worn out soil, overrused soil, Im assuming depleted soil, lol. And I'm like you, even URB uses the humic acid as a vehicle for the other stuff and they all get along. And oregonism advises usin as a tea, etc. But man, I gettin good results from URB. I will post what they said, I sent a message via IG.
To stay on thread topic, I used the whole sample bottle, just like it said, with my current setup and I couldn't tell it done anything other than stink really bad, I kinda liked that part, no fakin that, lol. But I honestly, couldn't see any diff from then and now, so I seen no reason to buy any. And it does transfer a lil bit to the plant, aka if you use it and don't flush, like you can using megacrop, no flush, youll want to flush a lil bit at least. You'll have a slight flavor if not. I just wasn't impressed with it, looks great on paper, again, in my practical lab experiment, can't recommend it. JME

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
quoted from URB:

"the original formula had it. The original had 30 plus strains of microbes. We found that the team of microbes we built for the new version outperformed the original. It has to do with competition for plate space and that the set we put together now really have complimentary functionalities. At the ratio they are fine tuned and really work well together and adding larger microbes than the already massive trichodermia makes it really hard to get the ratio we came out with. We have all the right players doing their job in that bottle. Our scientist could prolly answer that question better, but Im not scientist. But its the best I know how to explain it."

Works for me, Ima keep using it, lol. I kinda get what he says. But again, I suspect that's why there is so many choices and Stiiky and me found two with the glomus, and then I use URB which I don't think does have it. Dig the research stuff.

D

Deleted member 60

Interesting. Never heard that one (less is more) from any other manufacturer. Not gonna dispute it....but everybody else is packing the glomus/intradecies species into their products...so I dunno.

But if yer gettin it for FREE.....no worries. If I'm paying...I'm slayin'. Put all that shit in there and let the bitches sort it out... and keep your soil damp or it doesn't make a fuckin bit of difference which product you use from my understanding. for me..it's all cheap stuff that...if it makes even one iota of difference (and i believe it does)...transfers into quite a bit of extra product. Research indeedy....

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Got my URB defender kit today, shirt too small, have to find a gal to give it too, but keepin the beanie. And three sampler bottles. I was fixin to buy two, so that was a good deal. Now as part 2 of the defender gift, I expect the dojoseedco beans today hopefully.

Bada bing, bada boom. Pack o Bad Attitude from dojoseeds, gmo x sinister rouge

Last edited:

jpcyan

Really Active Member
AHHHH!😱 That a list from hell for the mycologist in me. Nasty ol' contaminants 😜

Its been a few years, But I have tried a few brands, The Oregonism and Humboldts Myco Madness
Myco madness contains:
Guaranteed Analysis

Bacteria:
Bacillus licheniformis………………….……….…372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus azotoformans……………..…….………372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus megaterium.…………..…..……..….….372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus coagulans,…….…………………………372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus pumilis…………..…….………………….372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus thuringiensis…………..………………….372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus stearothermiphillis…….………………….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus polymyxa….…………..…………….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus durum…………………..…………….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus florescence..………….………..….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus gordonae…..………….…………….372 million cfu/lb
azotobacter polymxa………………….………..….372 million cfu/lb
Azotobacter chroococcum……………………..….372 million cfu/lb
Sacchromyces cervisiae………………………..….372 million cfu/lb
Pseudomonas aureofaceans…………………..….372 million cfu/lb

Mycorrhiza:
Endomycorrhizal/cc

Glomus intraradices……………….……..…1,135 propagules per lb
Glomas mosseae……………………………1,135 propagules per lb
Glomas aggregatum………………………..1,135 propagules per lb
Glomus entunicatum……………..…………1,135 propagules per lb
Glomus clarum………………….………..….1,135 propagules per lb
Glomus deserticola….………………………1,135 propagules per lb
Gigaspora margarita………..………………1,135 propagules per lb
Gigaspora brasilianum………..….…………1,135 propagules per lb
Gigaspora monosporum………….…………1,135 propagules per lb

Trichoderma:
Trichoderma harzianum……….….150 million propagules per lb
Trichoderma konigii………..……….150 million propagules per lb

CONTAINS NON PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
9.5% Humic acids (derived from Leonardite)
5% Alaskan humus, 5% worm castings
3% glucose

Some of the brands are really pricey. Some reasonable. Love to see your results and experiences with this stuff.

I did some side by sides, with store bought, home made, and without. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed.
Not a scientific setup ofc. Just a few tests/ attempts to see what happens. 18 pots, 6 of each, same clone, same food/water, air and light. All were in rain water washed coir, PBH and home made castings soil mix.
All fed the same home made tea or plain rain water.

My own concoction was of home cultured Lacto Bacillus and Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, a home brewed beneficial mycorrhizza and bacteria, kelp and castings. I really have no idea what bacteria and mycorrhiza, and beneficial micro organisms I captured and cultured. Except Trich H. and Bac. subtilis.
I only added the BTi to prevent fungus gnats.

I didn't see a whole lot of difference between any of them. The store bought and home made did better than without anything added.
I'm not saying they don't work, but I just couldn't justify the cost. Many have touted great success and incredible root growth and increased vegetative growth. I dont doubt them. I just didnt see it myself.

My thoughts were the kelp, humics, castings and sugars in the store bought brands played a bigger role in any difference.

Not to discourage anyone either! Especially if you can get free samples first, and it works for you, Hell yeah give it a go. I know they put a lot of scientific research into these products, Very Costly indeed.
If you find one you think makes a huge difference, let me know, I'll get a bit and run it side by side again with my own mix. If i can remember how to make it haha. If it works that much better, Im all in too.

Btw, If you are not using rain water, you should be using the purest water you can make or buy, Just de-chlored tap water isn't really enough. Tap water can still have other additives that severely damage/ kill/ or slow some of these ingredients to the point of being worthless in the mix. Pond or lake water is good, but I have concerns of runoff from pesticide/herbicide use in this agricultural based area I live in.
I diagnosed a problem at a friends grow who was severely burning plants, doing hydro with gh lucas formula. I brought a water sample home and tested it at 1200 ppm straight from his tap. He was adding the suggested amount of nutes to it. Over 2000 PPM with nutes and additives he used., Sometimes the water companies have to change their chems for various reasons. His varied from 300ppm to 1200 from the tap at differing times. I talked him into an RO and carbon filtration setup and problem solved.