MegaCrop w/ RO?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I should start this out by apologizing for posting this in liquid/bottled nute section, but as there is no section for dry salt nutes, I felt this section was more appropriate than the organic section.

I’ve thinking of trying out a bag of MC in one of my tents, partially because of how many different “additives” it has included and partially because of how many growers that I respect on here feed MegaCrop . I feed DTW in 70/30 coco/perlite, currently feeding Dynagro underneath HLG Quantum Boards. I use RO water.

From searching the forums, it seems like a little bit of calmag is still needed with RO & coco, despite the extra cal that MC has. I’ve got a giant bottle of Calimagic at the house if need be.

for those who use MC with RO water, under LED and in coco, how much Calimagic (or whatever calmag you use) do you add into your feed? I was hoping it would have enough without adding extra but that doesn’t seem to be the case unless using tap.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Yes with mega crop. I run str8 MC in veg and add a bit of bud explosion in flower. Just switched to coco. Seems like it’s working great.
Nice! Are you under LED? Also, out of curiosity, which calmag are you using? I use Calimagic myself for the lower nitrogen.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Yes with mega crop. I run str8 MC in veg and add a bit of bud explosion in flower. Just switched to coco. Seems like it’s working great.
Also, i usually cut whatever the manufacturer recommends in half,but it seems like for the most part that people are following their recommendation with good results. Would you agree that the 3-5g/gal seems to be the optimal dosage?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I have a little ppm in my RO so I go by ppm works out to .8g/gal. Using the mega crop calmag. Yes all LED
I tend to underfeed a bit when young. Still getting used to the coco. Haven’t been doing any flushing when planting seedlings. They just don’t use enough water. Going to try to give The coco a bit of a flush with 400ppm total then squeeze out most of the water before potting seedings next run.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
your optimal dosage amts. I use 2.5 from seedling to flower, then 5 during flower with the pk booster and back off last couple weeks. Growin great plants with Megacrop, URB, homeade sweet, and the pk booster. All I use, been the best and simplest grow combo ive put together for myself. But I was referencing that dosage amount, of course, jmho.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
your optimal dosage amts. I use 2.5 from seedling to flower, then 5 during flower with the pk booster and back off last couple weeks. Growin great plants with Megacrop, URB, homeade sweet, and the pk booster. All I use, been the best and simplest grow combo ive put together for myself. But I was referencing that dosage amount, of course, jmho.
Nice, so you take it through all of veg at 2.5? What is your water source?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
350-500ppm with the CM. Never tried the CM as directed. I'm flowering a batch right now in coco and don't see any signs of cal def. at the 150Ppm + Nutes. At about 650 in flower. Using about .8g/gall of bud explosion. This is my first run in coco so I may be o the conservative side. No tip burn. Ill post up a couple shots later.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

@iShatterBladderz i just started using MegaCrop for the first time yesterday or early this morning actually. i went from a root stimulator 5-20-10 green light. can't find it anymore but shit still works even though it's 10 yrs old. retired in 09'. the MC is 9-6-17 and i didn't expect it to look like it did. it still dissolves well enough with vigorous shaking to do in the bigger beads. onsite i saw the said they were using a new formula as of aug/sept this year if i recall.

i always like to use root stuff in the beginning and switch to regular ferts later. in this case later was because i didn't want them to blow up.

when it comes games time i have coco coir along with grow stones and perlite on hand as usual. coco spefic nutes botanicare. i wish they had left the perfect CNS-17 original alone. they realized they could make more money with a formula change. the original was thrifty as fuck when it came to usage amount. hell they used to have a label to tell us to back off.

i've tested coco before but only in a small pot set up. this will be my first legit coco grow and i plan to stick with coco until i master it and then see how my basic results change between now and then.

when i thought about the change to Mega Crop i was hesitant at first but decided to use it because one let's see how it does in epsoma organic and two we'll figure out cost vs. another actual organic fert i've got on my radar. i always look for the cheapest yet most sufficient stuff i can get the plants like. i was abut to use Alaska grow/bloom as a tried and true favorite. the plants love that shit and it doesn't stink after use. frankly the plants like damn near any good fert we give them as long as we don't overdo it.

i wish you the best. are u going to do a grow show on this run dude ?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
350-500ppm with the CM. Never tried the CM as directed. I'm flowering a batch right now in coco and don't see any signs of cal def. at the 150Ppm + Nutes. At about 650 in flower. Using about .8g/gall of bud explosion. This is my first run in coco so I may be o the conservative side. No tip burn. Ill post up a couple shots later.
So you’re saying the 350-500 total includes calmag, so about 200-350 ppm worth of nutes? Conservative is good, usually feed multiple times a day during flower so can easily run into issues running too high of a concentration.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
@iShatterBladderz i just started using MegaCrop for the first time yesterday or early this morning actually. i went from a root stimulator 5-20-10 green light. can't find it anymore but shit still works even though it's 10 yrs old. retired in 09'. the MC is 9-6-17 and i didn't expect it to look like it did. it still dissolves well enough with vigorous shaking to do in the bigger beads. onsite i saw the said they were using a new formula as of aug/sept this year if i recall.

i always like to use root stuff in the beginning and switch to regular ferts later. in this case later was because i didn't want them to blow up.

when it comes games time i have coco coir along with grow stones and perlite on hand as usual. coco spefic nutes botanicare. i wish they had left the perfect CNS-17 original alone. they realized they could make more money with a formula change. the original was thrifty as fuck when it came to usage amount. hell they used to have a label to tell us to back off.

i've tested coco before but only in a small pot set up. this will be my first legit coco grow and i plan to stick with coco until i master it and then see how my basic results change between now and then.

when i thought about the change to Mega Crop i was hesitant at first but decided to use it because one let's see how it does in epsoma organic and two we'll figure out cost vs. another actual organic fert i've got on my radar. i always look for the cheapest yet most sufficient stuff i can get the plants like. i was abut to use Alaska grow/bloom as a tried and true favorite. the plants love that shit and it doesn't stink after use. frankly the plants like damn near any good fert we give them as long as we don't overdo it.

i wish you the best. are u going to do a grow show on this run dude ?
I’ve already got a grow thread up for the tent I’ll be adding this in, it’s been a bit of a rocky start due to city water going haywire but I’ve got them on RO water now and seem to be doing much better.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I’ve already got a grow thread up for the tent I’ll be adding this in, it’s been a bit of a rocky start due to city water going haywire but I’ve got them on RO water now and seem to be doing much better.
Until I got a michine under my sink I would,go,to Wal-Mart and fill up 3 5gallon jugs every week. It got old,quick!!