Mass Medical

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Been eyeing the Mister E.

I liked the Star Pupil, but found it to be a bit of a slow vegger. All of 'em were purple, except maybe one.

The last Star Pupil seed showed a green pheno and has a whiff of banana to it. Wasn't expecting that. It's possible I mislabeled when I started the seeds (occupational hazard of testing the product) and that one is actually a Prayer Pupil x Prayer Pupil seed I made from a pollen chuck. I'd be real interested if anybody that's grown Star Pupil ever got anything other than purple.

GCG

Dinosaur
When I ramp back up the Star Pupil is in the first mix. Wont be until March or April and I have so fucking many seeds thats subject to change but thats the plan now anyway.
How was it with watering? Mess Med website says let it dry out between waterings and really ease into nutes, even more so, than normal. Any issues with overfeed/over water.
I aways manage to over feed the "light" feeders.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Like an enthusiastic seed junkie when I flowered the Star Pupil I plead guilty to having too many side bitches going to give her all the love she needed. I think I was in the midst of clearing up a PM issue then, so probably not the best time for me to final judge her.

Seems like mine had decent top buds, but it was a little sparse on the lowers. Might have been my fault and not the plant though, I probably should have topped earlier and ran a flatter canopy...had a space crunch.

Interesting smells as Mass Med described, nice purpling, rugged enough stems, decent pleasant indica leaning high but not overwhelming or omg super high, probably a candidate for another try when I clear thru the present seed backlog.

"Seed backlog" heh heh, probably a common "problem" here.

zipz55

I have Goji Pupil,Panama Goo,and Fisheye OG

all 3 were freebies from DCseedexhange

I do plan on buying a few crosses i have my eye on

I'll definitely be getting PuTang when its re-released on Valentines Day

Turbulent Juice is supposed to be great sex weed so I'll be grabbing that too

Grape Puplil and Prayer Pupil also look good

zipz55

Theyre dropping sample packs this friday

S1 sample pack = Star Pupil,Fivestar,and Mr E
Pupil Hybrid sample pack = Grape Pupil,Prayer Pupil,and Mr E Pupil

3 seeds of each

might get the Pupil Hybrid pack

GCG

Dinosaur
Only one I still want is Five Star. Description is great. Says some people can't get enough and some people never want it again and think its gross.
Don't know which strain it was but on IG they posted about a patchouli smelling pheno of something. Please dont let me find that one, cant think of many worse smells for weed.

GCG

Dinosaur
So IG is blowing up with a fued between Mass Medical and a whole bunch of breeders. They're saying Mass Med is run anonymously by some rich kid who also own a fucking finger skate board company. Apparently this kid got a bunch of cuts and heirloom seeds under false pretenses. They seem to insinuate that his flagship strain Star Pupil is actually Purple Buckeye relabeled. Accusing him of lots shady shit.
I've got a bunch of his gear, hope its not total junk. Already decided I wasn't looking at his stuff anymore since he jacked his prices up to 125 a pack. So much drama in this industry.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
So IG is blowing up with a fued between Mass Medical and a whole bunch of breeders. They're saying Mass Med is run anonymously by some rich kid who also own a fucking finger skate board company. Apparently this kid got a bunch of cuts and heirloom seeds under false pretenses. They seem to insinuate that his flagship strain Star Pupil is actually Purple Buckeye relabeled. Accusing him of lots shady shit.
I've got a bunch of his gear, hope its not total junk. Already decided I wasn't looking at his stuff anymore since he jacked his prices up to 125 a pack. So much drama in this industry.
Good to know

zipz55

I was wondering why he kept posting all those cryptic messages

I got some MM stuff but i got it all as freebies from DCSE

i do want to try his PuTang and Heavenly Sativa but the price raise turned me off

i was gonna get one of his sample packs a couple months ago until i saw they were like $180 for 9 fucking seeds

Now1more

Super Active Member
I grabbed some just in time. Went back a few days later and saw the price hike. No thanks, plenty of others out there to try.

Reactions: GCG

Now1more

Super Active Member
I have the Prayer Pupil and Panama. Haven't run them yet. Might save for outdoors. More anxious to run Useful's Blackened Oranges. I would love to run more of MassMedical stuff, but I need to spread my dollar. Looking at some Bog or Big Worm for value. If I'm spending, going with Katsu or Oni.

Reactions: GCG

GCG

Dinosaur
IG flare up seems to have died down and to MMS's credit they didn't ever show their ass. One or two defensive posts and back to the normal good vibes mantra.

MMS says their working a few collaborations with a few other well known breeders and have received a cut of watermelon hashplant from Bodhi. That makes me doubt the detractors a little more.

Guess I just have to let the genetics speak for themselves. Have 2 Star Pupil and one EEEE going now. EEEE is really nice and the most vigorous of them. One star pupil is a weird little mutant and the other has struggled from jump. First set of leaves got spotted but only those. Then I babied it with water after transplant and it flaked out a little. Finally Started looking better once I watered it a little heavier, I think it was thirsty.

Started a Heison Purple Cake and a Vienna Skunk from HSO at same time in same soil and they are both really nice.

The star pupils seem to be growing out of their issues. Have them in Roots organic's supersoil, Lush. The mutant has a raunchy stem rub already the others nothing. P Cake smells delicious less than a month into veg, maybe 3 weeks. EEEE is 2 weeks and bigger than both Star Pupils at 3 weeks.