Mars sp150

Meatman

Meat Master
Oh fuck I see what happened I put it on my grow journal than it’s on this led thread shit I confused myself lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh fuck I see what happened I put it on my grow journal than it’s on this led thread shit I confused myself lol
I figured you weren't getting much response on your thread, so you put it out separate. I should have continued the convo on your thread.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
I would want 400 umol/s down around the bottoms and around 700 at the top of the plant. That works out to around 15k lumens at the bottom and roughky 40k on the tops depending on levels of blue green red output and led efficacy.
People regularly throw 100k+ , cough, HPS, cough. in production all the time.

I would still want 4-500watts of actual light hitting a 4x4. So if the fixtue is 60% efficient it would need to about 660 working watts from the wall. If its less efficient, overall wattage goes up aka more fixtures needed.....

Meatman

Meat Master
I would want 400 umol/s down around the bottoms and around 700 at the top of the plant. That works out to around 15k lumens at the bottom and roughky 40k on the tops depending on levels of blue green red output and led efficacy.
People regularly throw 100k+ , cough, HPS, cough. in production all the time.

I would still want 4-500watts of actual light hitting a 4x4. So if the fixtue is 60% efficient it would need to about 660 working watts from the wall. If its less efficient, overall wattage goes up aka more fixtures needed.....
So I should probably just build another light and use the sp150’s for veg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So I should probably just build another light and use the sp150’s for veg
What @Oreguhnism said is spot on. It depends on your goals.

My quantum boards put out the range he's talking about with lumens. If I lowered them to get the plants up to the 40k range, I would lose lighting on the oputside edges. 4 boards would make that easier from a higher distance. but I'm cool with the 30k-ish range, because the QB intensity still lights the egdes at an acceptable level from that height.

It's a trade off. More boards also means more heat in the tent so make sure your exhaust ain't already pegged.

Streetpro09

Tester
I figured you weren't getting much response on your thread, so you put it out separate. I should have continued the convo on your thread.
I figured he didn't get any responses here and he posted around noon. (Kinda funny how minds work) So I figured I would get the convo started. Lmao. Didn't mean to cause any confusion but glad we're getting some ideas going

Meatman

Meat Master
This is the one I built I don’t have to worry about not having enough light on the edges because I only have 2 inches of free space all the way around the edges so the light spread is pretty even, I messaged the dude and told me to send me a set up for my 4x4 so for 350 bucks I’m going to have 500 watts at the wall 12 stripsD7564870-66EA-4240-8AB5-5ECA328E6C08.jpeg7F877E20-2ECC-4324-8621-C2178BC009DA.jpeg2C848861-830D-471B-B92B-F0EA74A840ED.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is the one I built I don’t have to worry about not having enough light on the edges because I only have 2 inches of free space all the way around the edges so the light spread is pretty even, I messaged the dude and told me to send me a set up for my 4x4 so for 350 bucks I’m going to have 500 watts at the wall 12 stripsView attachment 78815View attachment 78814View attachment 78816
I see where your at now. Those definitely have an advantage over QB's for coverage. You could just add more bars to the same light and change drivers. Cool set-up.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That’s crazy I thought that light was pretty good when I bought it turns out it’s not the best it with those to get 8 that would be over 1000 bucks that’s definitely not work it lol
They're taking a good idea and charging what they can get for it. Remember when flat-screen TV's first came out? Only drug dealers could afford them :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Capitalism ROCKS!

All you have to do is come up with that next innovation and you can charge whatever you want until the market settles out and supply meets demand .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those add-on red light, or UV strips people were selling made money - but now the companies are just adding those LED's into their boards - pretty much obsolete in a bit, but there was a cash cow for a bit.