Marijuana jobs

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Plus you run the risk of bringing any pest/contaminants from their busllshit back with you if your not dumb sterile. Alot of places are run by people that don't know dick or shit. They had the paper so they invested. Your not gonna be able to learn improvise or anything of the such. It's a hard, dry, basic job that can be bad for you especially if your working for people who dont give a shit about there employees like any other business. I would work for a local grower style deal though. Help trim buds for $ etc but I'm not massaging any nuts @Hotwired . You better be careful who you hire bro that's a delicate procedure few women know how to do.

D

Deleted member 60

My son worked in a dispensary until last month. Dispensaries here are "essential" businesses for some reason. It was muy stressful.The place is small so social distancing was an issue. After getting bumped into multiple times...he voiced concerns...and they tried to change a few things....like going to "curbside pickup only"....and cutting everyone's hours (no hazard or bonus pay)....but they wanted more business...so even after 100% of the employees said they didn't support having people come into the store....the fuckers did just that and reverted back to walk ins. He told them he thought it sucked and they didn't care about anyone/anyone's health.......and they showed him they truly didn't by showing him the door. He's going through the channels now to file complaints against them with the State and the Feds over concerns about COVID/his well being....so we will see WTF happens....if anything. I'm sure he isn't alone in fearing for his safety in the workplace due to dickhead owners.....and these owners were AT HOME....HIDING....not at their store. They let the hourly's take the risks....and they get to hide and cash the check.

As far as doing it for a job..... retail is retail. If you like that kinda work...it's gonna be a great job for you. 10 hour days..4 days a week. Takes a few years to not have a day on/day off schedule so you can..you know...enjoy your days off...but hey...who wants to camp and hike and shit when you live in the Co Rockies anyway. It does pay (here anyway) better than most hourly jobs...but if you think you'll climb the ladder or they will say "Man this dude can sure can grow good buds...let's promote him to Master Grower"....LOL...think again. Your stint in the "grow" would be limited..most likely...to hand trimming bud and maybe doing some packaging....all on camera. Oh...and no felonies... none. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Gotta get "badged" by the state like yer selling liquor/etc... and you can be held liable for any number of fuck ups...say..if you are like my son and did the inventory. Shit has to match up...or they look..yes..at you. Lots of responsibility/hassle/stress for $15 an hour. You do get 1/2 price, overpriced, shook to fuck weed purchases though... and after a few years...maybe some sick days/etc.

So it's like working at Wal Mart without the blue vest and the rah-rah meetings that make you >think< you are a part of a "team".
But yer "essential".....so there is that....

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
If I were to have a big space to rent out booths for a marijuana expo? What are the odds of making it happen? What are the hoops I would have to jump through and what do I have to be careful of etc to make it happen? Any thoughts are good. Even if does not have anything to do with topic 😚👌💨

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I were to have a big space to rent out booths for a marijuana expo? What are the odds of making it happen? What are the hoops I would have to jump through and what do I have to be careful of etc to make it happen? Any thoughts are good. Even if does not have anything to do with topic 😚👌💨
If you were to own that big space it's a lot different that 'having access' to a big space to rent out as far as liability.

Where's your income going to come from? Just space rentals, or will you get a cut from the individual booths sales?

Gonna be some kind of licensing or permits I'm sure - local gubmint gonna want their cut.

I think the main thing is you're going to have to advertise or it's nothing. Get a few big names involved and let them help the hype and draw more vendors. Maybe get some official cannabis cup competition involved?

All I have for now, but it's an interesting concept.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the main thing is making sure that after it's said and done, you get your profit regardless of turnout. So I would lean towards the rental fees instead of percentages for your share.

You are providing a venue for them to make profit - if they don't that's no skin off your ass.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
If you were to own that big space it's a lot different that 'having access' to a big space to rent out as far as liability.

Where's your income going to come from? Just space rentals, or will you get a cut from the individual booths sales?

Gonna be some kind of licensing or permits I'm sure - local gubmint gonna want their cut.

I think the main thing is you're going to have to advertise or it's nothing. Get a few big names involved and let them help the hype and draw more vendors. Maybe get some official cannabis cup competition involved?

All I have for now, but it's an interesting concept.
Expos make their money from booth rentals and hugely inflated fees for things like an electrical outlet and an internet connection at your booth. My company used to get a booth at the CEDIA expo every year when it was huge and having an Ethernet connection at our booth cost us something like $1,000/day. The 3 day event cost us well over $10,000 to have a small booth with power and Ethernet.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
More seriously, I think the get rich quick ideas in the pot industry are like all other get rich quick ideas. Pipe dreams mostly.

I figure I'll just stick to what I do, focused on growing my own quality meds, and if I ever grow something noteworthy, maybe I'll find an opportunity. It's a labor of love first and foremost.