Man I have a question

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
I was smoking with my buddy and he said hey man you know what chuckers is? Says it’s something about throwing seeds and doing magic like Merlin to make new phenotypes. Is that true? Pretty cool. What does that mean in the kitchen sink? Cheers

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
More like chucking pollen at fems and making some Merlin magic beans.
The way I look at it chuckers are just playing around.
Breeders have more of a goal, thought out plan. There is a lot to breeding, crossing back crossing selecting phenos that have the trait you are looking for etc. Most of its above my head. I'm just a chucker LOL.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
More like chucking pollen at fems and making some Merlin magic beans.
The way I look at it chuckers are just playing around.
Breeders have more of a goal, thought out plan. There is a lot to breeding, crossing back crossing selecting phenos that have the trait you are looking for etc. Most of its above my head. I'm just a chucker LOL.
I just get drunk and throw the plants in the fuck tent . It usually works out.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My question. Is.
has anyone reversed a male plant? What happens?
A few podcasts have breeders talking about that. Bodhi (listening now :ROFLMAO:) does it to check the resin content of the males genetics and get a better idea of what they might offer in the crosses. Not sure how it works, but the info is out there somewhere.

Also heard about them letting males completely flower out until they throw pistils (like a male herm) and get seeds from that, or just use that to see if they want to use the male for breeding.

Way I understand it, if you make fem seeds 10% of those will represent the males of the population, and likely show male traits at some point. Some crosses a lot worse than others. The males that "herm" late putting out pistils could either be just that - herms that are unstable and not good breeding stock - or they could be that part of the population of males that is so female it will pass on more female genes in the mix. No science on it so far, and the breeders that have mentioned it are on opposite sides of the fence - no one in the middle LOL