Lux meter anyone use one?

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
For about $150 you can grab the sun system par meter. Sort of way more on point as far as what you guys are looking at, but if you want to to a umol to lux comparison at different levels let me know I can probably set up a test on here.

sandman83

Super Active Member
I have one, I try to keep around 50k lux but with the lights raised to the ceilings I'm a tad higher. Just a 30 dollar model of amazon but it seems to do the trick for adjusting the light heights.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I think they have lux and par meters on apps on your phone. But I was told par meter measures what plants absorb. Lux meter measures what human can see. I could be wrong though. Par meters cost way more than lux meters. I would get your lights set up. Buy an expensive par meter with a good return policy. Set it up test it adjust the lighting to the perfect position. Return it for the win

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
I think they have lux and par meters on apps on your phone. But I was told par meter measures what plants absorb. Lux meter measures what human can see. I could be wrong though. Par meters cost way more than lux meters. I would get your lights set up. Buy an expensive par meter with a good return policy. Set it up test it adjust the lighting to the perfect position. Return it for the win
Lol 💪

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

For HLG Quantum boards

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

For HLG Quantum boards
I use one like a yard-stick is about it. I don't dive too deep into it, but when I shuffle plants around I like to check the light height and get them within a certain range.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I use one like a yard-stick is about it. I don't dive too deep into it, but when I shuffle plants around I like to check the light height and get them within a certain range.
I just downloaded the korona app and put the diffuser over the apple iphone 8 camera and checked the lux reading with a calibrated one and it was real close. I then switched to PPFD and bingo it shows you your PPFD . I realize it is not perfect but it is within 3%. This is a good alternative to the $500 ones. , Enjoy, cost was $4.99 for the full spectrumn
LED LIGHT.