Love shack __

chuckpollen

loveshack.JPG

9lb hammer male in a steel cabinet with two of my project females. As soon as he drops pollen I will be collecting two bags for the archive, then I will be spraying EVERYTHING with water, then killing the male. I'd keep him if he was really unique, but I just want him to pollinate these two and then I'll have some backup if his progeny are great.

As soon as I chop him I'm thinking of revegging these two as long as they will still seed.

This male smells like limes a bit, a little resinous, and the smell lingers on your fingers longer than it would typically. He was also late to the party to show sex. Good thing? I don't know. Just a pollen chucker.

I'm hoping he brings the potency to my mixed ratio strains without throwing myrcene on or taking too much cbd away.

Now1more

Super Active Member
You're looking for a lot out of this. The revegging thing is what I find difficult to wrap my head around. Can you pollinate and reveg? I don't breed and have never really dived into it. So, just take what I'm saying as what it is... an idiot's opinion with questions

chuckpollen

I've been told it's possible. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to do that yet. I heard the plants number 1 responsibility is to make seeds, so it will make the seeds even if it is revegging.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
20201023_152845.jpg
These clones have been revegging since mid September. It's been 40-59 degrees in the shop. Plants are not happy.

I'm gathering data on the real keeper(s) of this season after the mold battle at the end.

Outdoor to reveg.jpg
These are the pot in ground outdoor plants I'm attempting to reveg. This is week 2 for them. Also unhappy plants.

Light cycle is 18-6

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
View attachment 76120

9lb hammer male in a steel cabinet with two of my project females. As soon as he drops pollen I will be collecting two bags for the archive, then I will be spraying EVERYTHING with water, then killing the male. I'd keep him if he was really unique, but I just want him to pollinate these two and then I'll have some backup if his progeny are great.

As soon as I chop him I'm thinking of revegging these two as long as they will still seed.

This male smells like limes a bit, a little resinous, and the smell lingers on your fingers longer than it would typically. He was also late to the party to show sex. Good thing? I don't know. Just a pollen chucker.

I'm hoping he brings the potency to my mixed ratio strains without throwing myrcene on or taking too much cbd away.
I like the fact that ur using 9lb hammer for ur male. Its my best strain ive ran in my years of growing.. Its good by itself and crossed..

A cross i scored bout 10 years ago was 9lb hammer x Chernobyl. Easy to grow, dont mind any training techniques, potentcy, very terpy, checks all the boxes for me.
Will b watching along to see what happens.
Good luck

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I got quite a few seeds from those clones in the yogurt cups. Poor girls have been though a lot.

I used them to sex the plants and then pollinated with the males before culling them. After 7ish weeks I cut above the last buds and left those to see what they do. Now the majority are revegging soon to be monster-cropped.

I'll clean them up and transplant in a day or two.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Some revegging clones. 4-5 weeks since I took cuts. A slow, weird process.
View attachment 76293
Look awesome. I actually prefer the flower clones to clones taken in veg just because i run mostly regs.

If you haven't tried it, one trick I find helpful early on is to prune all the tertiary shoots right next to the stem once those secondary shoots get big enough. As bountiful as that main stem is with secondary shoots, that's nothing conpared to the growth you will see on each shoot.

If you let it go, you can end up with a crowded mess of foliage right near the main trunk.

another thing is that because of the massive growth they can usually eat more than mom did to keep everything fed. I lean towards using a little bigger pot than I would for a bean, then just watching for it to look hungry to see how the feeding goes.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you like to veg for a big plant, they usually adapt well to a mainline/manifold - just keeping the first two opposing shoots that look good and topping/pruning everything else. Then work with those tertiary shoots to get the plant you want.