Lighting for flower room...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Hi

I have 1000 watts of cob and CMH and am looking to add flower watts.

Timber sells a 4 vero kit for 450 (400 watts in 1750k) or i can get 480 watts of 3k citi fixutre for around the same.

This is a dedicated flower room in about 4 weeks. Perpetual flower with 2 veg tents...Shit its my gear and i just got aroused.

The question.....

do you think 1750k is worth it over 3k with flowering?

And I had a drop ceiling in my grow room. Its gone but i kept the best framework for it. I could probably make a housing out of that steel ?

So far it is 680 watts of cob and a 315. 60 square feet but using 45.

So lets light this shit up...if i grow to much i can turn it off and tap out but that will never happen.

More like high all the time on edibles with the odd awesome doob to smoke.....that is where i am headed.

Ramblings of someone with a script and too much meds....lol i mean just enough

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hi

I have 1000 watts of cob and CMH and am looking to add flower watts.

Timber sells a 4 vero kit for 450 (400 watts in 1750k) or i can get 480 watts of 3k citi fixutre for around the same.

This is a dedicated flower room in about 4 weeks. Perpetual flower with 2 veg tents...Shit its my gear and i just got aroused.

The question.....

do you think 1750k is worth it over 3k with flowering?

And I had a drop ceiling in my grow room. Its gone but i kept the best framework for it. I could probably make a housing out of that steel ?

So far it is 680 watts of cob and a 315. 60 square feet but using 45.

So lets light this shit up...if i grow to much i can turn it off and tap out but that will never happen.

More like high all the time on edibles with the odd awesome doob to smoke.....that is where i am headed.

Ramblings of someone with a script and too much meds....lol i mean just enough
Might want to consider a light mover. It can certainly add sq. footage on to your existing watts. Another thing i like about them is i can get a little closer to the canopy without canopy hot spots. I am using a 315 cmh as well as cobs on my light and loving the results so far.

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
:unsure:Prawn boards.

Edit, that was not even slightly relevant to your question ey!

Maybe try some cutter J series strips in high cri low K and spread them evenly around your space to push that red and fr up.

Not much info on just 1750k grows ey!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
When I am ready i will check the higher cri 3k stuff. I can build that and get the citis i want and configuration i want. I have a bunch of aluminum channel stuff from a dropped ceiling i removed and kept the good bits...

I thought it would save me buying it. Price on DIY is now that much cheaper :D

The hortis are nice but if i move up to the CRI i want i can build it cheaper...quite a bit of savings. And I will know what I want by about August.

4 cobs per fixture will make it easy to plan that side of things and provide about 4 feet of width coverage. 2 like that and the flower room is complete.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
They come in 2700...:)

June 27 i get paid and i am getting some of those citis in 2700. Unless the 3k is cheaper because the difference is very little on the red side and quite a bit less on the other.

Can you get a driver to put 5 of those on 1 bar ?

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
They come in 2700...:)

June 27 i get paid and i am getting some of those citis in 2700. Unless the 3k is cheaper because the difference is very little on the red side and quite a bit less on the other.

Can you get a driver to put 5 of those on 1 bar ?
a HLG185h-c1050 would fit 5 on
If you go up to 1400mA they would be slightly over the voltage rating on a hlg 240 by the look of it.
Could be wrong, im going off the citi cob calc app. May be other options in constant voltage drivers.