Lighting for flower room...

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist
Hi

I have 1000 watts of cob and CMH and am looking to add flower watts.

Timber sells a 4 vero kit for 450 (400 watts in 1750k) or i can get 480 watts of 3k citi fixutre for around the same.

This is a dedicated flower room in about 4 weeks. Perpetual flower with 2 veg tents...Shit its my gear and i just got aroused.

The question.....

do you think 1750k is worth it over 3k with flowering?

And I had a drop ceiling in my grow room. Its gone but i kept the best framework for it. I could probably make a housing out of that steel ?

So far it is 680 watts of cob and a 315. 60 square feet but using 45.

So lets light this shit up...if i grow to much i can turn it off and tap out but that will never happen.

More like high all the time on edibles with the odd awesome doob to smoke.....that is where i am headed.

Ramblings of someone with a script and too much meds....lol i mean just enough

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hi

I have 1000 watts of cob and CMH and am looking to add flower watts.

Timber sells a 4 vero kit for 450 (400 watts in 1750k) or i can get 480 watts of 3k citi fixutre for around the same.

This is a dedicated flower room in about 4 weeks. Perpetual flower with 2 veg tents...Shit its my gear and i just got aroused.

The question.....

do you think 1750k is worth it over 3k with flowering?

And I had a drop ceiling in my grow room. Its gone but i kept the best framework for it. I could probably make a housing out of that steel ?

So far it is 680 watts of cob and a 315. 60 square feet but using 45.

So lets light this shit up...if i grow to much i can turn it off and tap out but that will never happen.

More like high all the time on edibles with the odd awesome doob to smoke.....that is where i am headed.

Ramblings of someone with a script and too much meds....lol i mean just enough
Might want to consider a light mover. It can certainly add sq. footage on to your existing watts. Another thing i like about them is i can get a little closer to the canopy without canopy hot spots. I am using a 315 cmh as well as cobs on my light and loving the results so far.

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
:unsure:Prawn boards.

Edit, that was not even slightly relevant to your question ey!

Maybe try some cutter J series strips in high cri low K and spread them evenly around your space to push that red and fr up.

Not much info on just 1750k grows ey!

Jesselikes2Grow

Master Builder
Site Supporter
I've never used that low of spectrum lights. Can't say for sure.
I know my 97 cri 3000k cobs do very well with the deep reds though.
The higher cri lights will give more of those deep reds than the same led at lower cri.
I've got some spec sheets could be posted.

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist
When I am ready i will check the higher cri 3k stuff. I can build that and get the citis i want and configuration i want. I have a bunch of aluminum channel stuff from a dropped ceiling i removed and kept the good bits...

I thought it would save me buying it. Price on DIY is now that much cheaper :D

The hortis are nice but if i move up to the CRI i want i can build it cheaper...quite a bit of savings. And I will know what I want by about August.

4 cobs per fixture will make it easy to plan that side of things and provide about 4 feet of width coverage. 2 like that and the flower room is complete.

Last edited:

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist
They come in 2700...:)

June 27 i get paid and i am getting some of those citis in 2700. Unless the 3k is cheaper because the difference is very little on the red side and quite a bit less on the other.

Can you get a driver to put 5 of those on 1 bar ?

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
They come in 2700...:)

June 27 i get paid and i am getting some of those citis in 2700. Unless the 3k is cheaper because the difference is very little on the red side and quite a bit less on the other.

Can you get a driver to put 5 of those on 1 bar ?
a HLG185h-c1050 would fit 5 on
If you go up to 1400mA they would be slightly over the voltage rating on a hlg 240 by the look of it.
Could be wrong, im going off the citi cob calc app. May be other options in constant voltage drivers.