Light times!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I read on here (don't remember OP or thread) about using different light cycles in different seasons. Like 12/12 for winter but dropping it to 11/13 or 10/14 in summer for less overall heat and better color/terp production.

If it works and makes fat flowers less light definitely saves $$ on electricity. Depending on where you live the savings will differ a lot.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
Hmm🤔 interesting I’ve heard that and better rest cycle for the plants. I’m running photos again but less since I can’t provide the light needed for my whole tent so hoping for a nicer yield per plant! Was trich rich for sure with the cheap blurple lights! Hoping to get into qb boards and cmh whenever I get the chance🤔

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Hmm🤔 interesting I’ve heard that and better rest cycle for the plants. I’m running photos again but less since I can’t provide the light needed for my whole tent so hoping for a nicer yield per plant! Was trich rich for sure with the cheap blurple lights! Hoping to get into qb boards and cmh whenever I get the chance🤔
Hell yeah! Qb 👍
I just do 12/12 and it works awesome . But I am def willing to switch it up . Hope it works well!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
it wont hurt them to change the light time. Nature works that way.

Some really long flowering sativas have to have the light timing changed or they never finish.

12 12 for about 10 weeks and then 11/13 and then 10/14 speeds it up...like outdoor does over a summer.

11/13 saves 8.3 % electricity. I have noticed no bud difference.

You can hermy the shit out of them if you were to add light but taking an hour off of your timer will not be detrimental.

And i am never running 16 week sativas. I ran a 12 and it went 13 and holy shit thats 2 harvests. :D I like my sativa with some indica speeditup.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I just stick with 12/12 myself. Hydro cheaper from 7 pm to 7 am in Ontario. My veg and clone rooms go from 1pm to 7 am.
Veg room work in afternoons...flower room work at nights. Keeps me busy. With nicer weather coming it wont be long before outdoor work....maintane property etc. Im thankfull for my friends though who help me as I do have a lot of bushes and trees. Going to close a garden this year though. Free hostas for everyone...except the rats next door lol

Kushala Dora Farms

Tempest of Frosty Nugs
it wont hurt them to change the light time. Nature works that way.

Some really long flowering sativas have to have the light timing changed or they never finish.

12 12 for about 10 weeks and then 11/13 and then 10/14 speeds it up...like outdoor does over a summer.

11/13 saves 8.3 % electricity. I have noticed no bud difference.

You can hermy the shit out of them if you were to add light but taking an hour off of your timer will not be detrimental.

And i am never running 16 week sativas. I ran a 12 and it went 13 and holy shit thats 2 harvests. :D I like my sativa with some indica speeditup.
I got two gorilla bubble females anyways one (non keeper pheno) is dumb sativa dom. (Giant cola of white hairs compared to all the other buds and its weird cause all the other gb ive grown were the opposite of this pheno) Im gonna chop the bulk of the tent this weekend and leave the larf plus this plant for a extra week. Will probably have to put her outside but by then the outdoor light cycle will be 12:30 (sun up)/11:30 (sun down) if i notice herms or signs of revegg ill just chop her n throw her in the trim bag. Thatd be a shame though for sure. Currently on day 62 since flip bulk chop will be day 66 ("execute order 66") *lightsaber ignition noise*

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
I got two gorilla bubble females anyways one (non keeper pheno) is dumb sativa dom. (Giant cola of white hairs compared to all the other buds and its weird cause all the other gb ive grown were the opposite of this pheno) Im gonna chop the bulk of the tent this weekend and leave the larf plus this plant for a extra week. Will probably have to put her outside but by then the outdoor light cycle will be 12:30 (sun up)/11:30 (sun down) if i notice herms or signs of revegg ill just chop her n throw her in the trim bag. Thatd be a shame though for sure. Currently on day 62 since flip bulk chop will be day 66 ("execute order 66") *lightsaber ignition noise*
Hope all goes or went well homie!

Hillbill

Been all white some red LEDs for years but added an old 250 watt 4000k CMH on the last day of March fo small amounts of UV and IR. Have years of onburned bulbs as I used CMH about 7 o 10 years ago.
Well, there’s more stickies and stinkies. Leaves in the whole tent almost always looking like green Pentecostals. Lowered my overall absolute efficiency but seems to add Character.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
sadly might get to try anything new since this will be my second time but if everything goes right might be moving out so might have to take them outdoors until I get the cash from that and start a room hopefully! Looking at a three bedroom so I’d be able to dedicate a room to it!