Light spectrum effect on thc/ cbd

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I thought this might be interesting to some. I got this off YouTube channel migro. He has some pretty interesting tests on led lights and general info.

View attachment 37617

View attachment 37618
dude answered a question no one was asking. the experiment is kinda useless unless yield is considered and there are other issues with this study also imo. interesting though. turps, flavor and color are more reasons folks mess with the spectrums. structure of plants also

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The first thing I am noticing running two different spectrums (HLG QB's and HGL XB Penetrator) is they do grow plants different. I haven't done a side by side of clones but the "full spectrum" light from HGL seems "gentler" than the white-light HLG's. There seems to be less density in nugs - especially lower ones, slower phototropism after LST but it also seems to have healthier plants with less light stress.

I think assuming a different light will change the THC content of a strain is a stretch unless you go by weight :)

like "I grew 3 instead of 4 ounces of weed with this light, so I got less THC" :rolleyes: :unsure:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
dude answered a question no one was asking. the experiment is kinda useless unless yield is considered and there are other issues with this study also imo. interesting though. turps, flavor and color are more reasons folks mess with the spectrums. structure of plants also
It's a university study - that is how you waste tax money for fun and profit - just submit a proposal to the right person in need of votes and you get your grant... Study snail sex, make robotic squirrels, all while bitching about plastic straws (but handing out free plastic syringes) LOL

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
From what I gathered watching a few of the interview videos. It seems far red and uv would be better later in flower for short day plants. Although far red induces strech, which could be good as in hps. We all know how well hps grow big buds.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
From what I gathered watching a few of the interview videos. It seems far red and uv would be better later in flower for short day plants. Although far red induces strech, which could be good as in hps. We all know how well hps grow big buds.
I still suspect hps has its place. Not sure if there is anything better mid flower for packing on. Like if one went through the effort, using different tech and spectrums at specific times would kick the crap out of plants grown under any ONE spectrum. I like taking advantage of faster finishing time and flavour of cmh in combination with cobs (instead of low larf you got nice little nugs with the cobs) if I could just work in a little hps efficiently I would.