Light recommendation that is easy to use

Thedadjokeguy

Greetings,

I’m upgrading my grow tent. 5 bucket DWC recirculating setup (1 reservoir bucket).
I’ve been doing 4 individual buckets up until now so this will be fairly easier to manage. This second grow hasn’t gone well, I lost half my harvest due to them being male plants. Made me realize I'm in this hobby for the duration and it’s time to upgrade. I’d like to do better. Which led me to asking for a light recommendation.

I have a Viparspectra 600 light. But I do not like this light. It’s treated me well and hasn’t given me any problems so don’t take me out of context, it’s a decent light. It’s just not for me. I would prefer something more basic. I have to read the manual every time I need to switch stages, had to make an emergency trip just to buy a battery for the remote so I could flip stages. I would absolutely prefer simplicity, light combined with a timer in the socket that I can set the times without much thought.

I know from user comments this light under performs without switching the bulbs in it. I’d just prefer to buy something straight up, set and forget minus adjusting a timer with no logical thought required due to simplicity. Appreciate any recommendations you have. Slowly making this more simplified, just bought my first PPM/EC tester can't wait to have information on hand on the next grow!

Thanks!

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
If going led nothing any easier than a cob light with a dimmer built in. Don't really need the dimmer but nice when working in tent. Plenty of kits or Timber Grow makes good lights already built. They also make strip lights if preferred. I saw on Instagram they have free shipping which is a pretty big discount.

VAHomegrown

Thanks guys, ended up getting a Spider Farmer SF-4000. Will follow up in a few months on how I like it compared!
These new budget and mid priced boards blow any of the old stuff (2017 era) away. You will trash your old 600. I run newer design ViparSpectra lamps and love them. Your 450w should rock that 3x3. I recommend running a small 6 or 8" fan across the drivers on the boards with passive cooling. When you start pulling over 400w those drivers get warm in our smaller tents. Not a fire hazard by any means, but cooler electronics last longer and are more efficient. I am excited to follow your grow.