Let's talk Bennie's

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
What are you guys using and why? I've been using Biosis for a while, and I've used photo+ in the past (both were samples).

I've been digging the biosis but the (actually huge) sample bag is getting lower, and I'm not paying $314 for the smallest size. Pretty sure they are geared towards large scale cultivation.

From the looking around I've done so far, it seems like photo+ might be one of the best price to % deals, but I haven't went super in depth. Shit reeks though. I like the biosis because it doesn't smell at all really.

Might just have my brother get a sample of the biosis shipped to his house for me, should last another year and a half lol.

I,v never used em but capulators og blowar lines are supposed to be superb but is kinda difficult and expensive to get sent to uk were I am.
I,v had great success with bokashi bran infused with em1.It's like £10 a kilo in the uk or at least a bag.not certain if it's a kilo.you can use it with a bokashi bin to compost your food scraps quicker or just mix it with soil or as a top dressing.it works well.your plants look super healthy with it.
I,v used great white also although only wen uppotting .it works well.i,v also used mike o rizy(not sure if that's how the products spelled) and jelly fish.both those are from the same company as great white only they'r not as good as the great white in my opinion

Texagonian

Outlaw
For what it’s worth I’ve used the photo plus and I like it. It has a ton of good things in it. It stinks because it cultures in the bottle. After it’s opened a couple times and off gases it doesn’t really smell like anything. You can also go on their website and get a sample pack of it and some of their other products. It says it’s free but like 10 bucks for shipping so... Anyways, that’s what I got as far as I put. Definitely want to get into making my own things down the road but just haven’t gotten there yet.

SCJedi

Synergist
I have a bag of Recharge and have two identical clones running side by side. I decided that I am going to begin using it on one and not on the other to see if there is really a difference. Unfortunately, I'm already in the fourth week of flowering but we will see if it is really snake dust or not.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I use H's recipe, roots have been super white so far:
Recipe for eliminating pthogens.

5 gallon bucket
2 air stones
4 gallons of ro water
Good air pump.

Mix 30 ml of hydroguard
1 scoop of great white benneficial bacteria
25 ml of high brix molasses

Put air stones in there and turn on and run for 36 hrs. Should be no molasses smell before you put in your res. Will smell real earthy and be the color of tea.

Add 3 cups per gallon on a new res and 1 cup per gallon every 3 days
Add the same to top off res.
Top feed new plants once every week till things get going.

This has been the only thing that has kept my plant roots healthy and no issues.
A few things I'm not sure about:
- how long it lasts at room temp or refrigerated
- 1 cup per gallon sounds like a lot (3 cups on a new res even more so) but not sure if it really is. New 20gal res would be 60 cups (3.75gal). It tinted the water a really light brown.
- can maybe(?) be used as foliar spray

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I use H's recipe, roots have been super white so far:

A few things I'm not sure about:
- how long it lasts at room temp or refrigerated
- 1 cup per gallon sounds like a lot (3 cups on a new res even more so) but not sure if it really is. New 20gal res would be 60 cups (3.75gal). It tinted the water a really light brown.
- can maybe(?) be used as foliar spray
I meant 3 cups for every 10 gallons on a new rez and 1 cup every 10 gallons every 3 days. My bad man

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Reviving old threads here like crazy lol i run the old ass heisenburg tea recipe with ewc great white and molasses, works fantastic and i kinda consider it a secret weapon, when i first got my tent i was a clean res peroxide head. Well that got me a bad case of cyanobacteria lost 2 clones of a very nice chemD variety, tried to fight it with peroxide, bleach, and constant res changes to no avail, found the old tea recipe and all my problems were solved no more root problems just nice healthy plants so now it goes into all my water bubble cloner has it as well along with some pieces of hydroton for housing.

SCJedi

Synergist
I really want to try this in my reservoir but Great White has Trichoderma in it and that is one of the worst bacterias for people like me that are goofing around with tissue culture and sterile technique.

I wonder if a plantlet from fresh use of Great White might be more prone to contamination than one that is not.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Reviving old threads here like crazy lol i run the old ass heisenburg tea recipe with ewc great white and molasses, works fantastic and i kinda consider it a secret weapon, when i first got my tent i was a clean res peroxide head. Well that got me a bad case of cyanobacteria lost 2 clones of a very nice chemD variety, tried to fight it with peroxide, bleach, and constant res changes to no avail, found the old tea recipe and all my problems were solved no more root problems just nice healthy plants so now it goes into all my water bubble cloner has it as well along with some pieces of hydroton for housing.
Could you give the ratios of each or the brewing procedure etc?

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
And that great white is some fine ass powder be aware it goes airborne extremely easily, and im not sure how much is safe to be breathing in if any but we inhale all that type of stuff anyways id imagine just not concentrated