Leaf problem.......

Some type of deficiency. Getting this @ 7 weeks in flower. Happened the last few finishes. I've been experimenting with lower levels of Bloom nutes and I wonder if this is the cause.

DSCN0612.JPG

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
How high up the plant is this happening? Maybe a little low on P. Flower drains all the P out really fast. Can't transport(piggy back) micronutes up the plant. Someone will be along to help out. This is the best place to find your answers. Lots of "bright growers" in this forum, young and old.

Skunkle Justin

That looks more like a boron deficiency than anything else. If the rest of the leaf and the plant is doing fine, this will happen in flower. Oval rust colored spots between the vein of the leaf that get more oval and longer, then eventually yellow and lingering one the edge of sadness and necrotic. I did a test last year with my room’s RH at mid flower. I wanted to drop the humidity down to 30% and lower to see the effects compared to some clones. I actually used @Heisenbeans East Coast Stardawg for this so I would have a plant with a stable lineage (East Coast Sour Diesel x Stardawg) and not have to worry about some finicky eating plant drama. I enclosed a pic of her showing that deficiency (with a little tip burn from pushing bloom nutes too much earlier on 😬) to compare yours to. I also had the accompanying hollow stems for that deficiency. The fat ugliness on the leaves is a stress response from being unable to process calcium. That’s why those deficiencies tend to look the same. But, calcium requirements tend to drop as the plant ages anyway.
Just remember that certain deficiencies may look the same as others but the phase of growth and other hidden problems with the plants will almost always be the decision maker. One symptom will not diagnose the problem. Not that I’ve seen anyway. It could be a Phosphorus deficiency, but how to the buds look? Like they’re struggling to bulk up or just fine? It’s certainly not a magnesium deficiency because there are absolutely no signs of chlorosis (yellowing of the leaf) to truly indicate a mag deficiency. Magnesium is a major building blocks for chlorophyll and it helps bring the green to your leaves. That leaf looks like it has plenty of chlorophyll so do not add any more magnesium or you will see more micro nutrient deficiencies.
So, a couple questions to consider:
Is this a new strain for you that may just be weird?
How much do you trust your nutrient regimen?
Is your environment dialed in the way it needs to be?
Are you using quality lights with a full spectrum that the plant needs to grow well?
Is the pH in the right margins for using salt based nutrients? (I think this might actually be the culprit)
You know what the answers to those questions should be, and until you get there your plants are always gonna struggle a little bit and have some odd things going on. But...they’ll grow and they’ll produce good bud as long as you act like you give a shit.
In the meantime, just enjoy your grow and keep on asking questions and seeking that knowledge to make yourself a better grower. That’s the best and only way to fix minor deficiencies. You can add some of this or that to try and fix it, but until you know for sure, it’s just a guess and could add more problems to your plants already shitty day. So until you know for sure, don’t do anything. Keep looking and asking until all the keyboard warriors and talking heads form a common denominator and try that. It’s your garden, your weed, your rules. You are gonna be the only one who will come up with the right answer.
And, sorry for the long-ass reply

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
That looks more like a boron deficiency than anything else. If the rest of the leaf and the plant is doing fine, this will happen in flower. Oval rust colored spots between the vein of the leaf that get more oval and longer, then eventually yellow and lingering one the edge of sadness and necrotic. I did a test last year with my room’s RH at mid flower. I wanted to drop the humidity down to 30% and lower to see the effects compared to some clones. I actually used @Heisenbeans East Coast Stardawg for this so I would have a plant with a stable lineage (East Coast Sour Diesel x Stardawg) and not have to worry about some finicky eating plant drama. I enclosed a pic of her showing that deficiency (with a little tip burn from pushing bloom nutes too much earlier on 😬) to compare yours to. I also had the accompanying hollow stems for that deficiency. The fat ugliness on the leaves is a stress response from being unable to process calcium. That’s why those deficiencies tend to look the same. But, calcium requirements tend to drop as the plant ages anyway.
Just remember that certain deficiencies may look the same as others but the phase of growth and other hidden problems with the plants will almost always be the decision maker. One symptom will not diagnose the problem. Not that I’ve seen anyway. It could be a Phosphorus deficiency, but how to the buds look? Like they’re struggling to bulk up or just fine? It’s certainly not a magnesium deficiency because there are absolutely no signs of chlorosis (yellowing of the leaf) to truly indicate a mag deficiency. Magnesium is a major building blocks for chlorophyll and it helps bring the green to your leaves. That leaf looks like it has plenty of chlorophyll so do not add any more magnesium or you will see more micro nutrient deficiencies.
So, a couple questions to consider:
Is this a new strain for you that may just be weird?
How much do you trust your nutrient regimen?
Is your environment dialed in the way it needs to be?
Are you using quality lights with a full spectrum that the plant needs to grow well?
Is the pH in the right margins for using salt based nutrients? (I think this might actually be the culprit)
You know what the answers to those questions should be, and until you get there your plants are always gonna struggle a little bit and have some odd things going on. But...they’ll grow and they’ll produce good bud as long as you act like you give a shit.
In the meantime, just enjoy your grow and keep on asking questions and seeking that knowledge to make yourself a better grower. That’s the best and only way to fix minor deficiencies. You can add some of this or that to try and fix it, but until you know for sure, it’s just a guess and could add more problems to your plants already shitty day. So until you know for sure, don’t do anything. Keep looking and asking until all the keyboard warriors and talking heads form a common denominator and try that. It’s your garden, your weed, your rules. You are gonna be the only one who will come up with the right answer.
And, sorry for the long-ass reply
I knew someone would come along with a good explanation.
My point was,
The big 3 NPK carries the micronutes such as Calcium, Magnesium, and Boron through "chelation".
He said he had been using lower amounts of nutes.
Leaf looks a little high on Nitrogen, low on P. P is the transport nute. Right?
Most of the time, it comes down to either "overwatering" or "underwatering".
Starts in the roots, lack of oxygen and the "symptoms" begin.
Leaves begin curling down around the edges and begins the little spots on the "closest" to the light part of leaf.

lol

Last edited:

Mjactivist

Hello,
First off, what medium you using?
Second, what strain you running and how many weeks flower is it?
From a single leaf pic and without the above info, it's extremely hard to tell exactly what it could be or if it can be corrected before harvest.
MJ