KingBrite led

Blaze

Really Active Member
Hi guys and gals, anyone of you guys ever dealt with kingbrite led company based out of china? Any experience good or bad. I plan on ordering some qb kits from them just thought id ask here first maybe some of you guys have dealt with them.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The prices for HLG finished products is pretty crazy cheap from kingbrite. I bought some Chinese made cob fixtures in 4 x 1 configuration for 180 USD each (240 watts in 3k x 4 citi 1212) from hortibloom because of the value. If i am going to upgrade I might have to order from Kingbright.
I think it is a fantastic way to get your room lit up if you are on a budget and dont want a rebranded vipar or mars (and they are about the same price).

The 2 cobs cost 360 USD delivered to my door plus 45 CDN dollars of duty (roughly our sales tax) for a total of 395 USD for 480 watts (525CDN)
And they are heavy duty fixtures with cooling fans and a potentiometer. Nicely made.

The other pic is a local guy that makes these 3 strip boards for 300 CDN but you have to pay shipping and the tax (400 each for the same wattage).

There are more and more options coming out cheaper. As the tech advances the last gen tech is getting cheaper and they are still pretty damned awesome lights for growing.

Attachments

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
Kingbrite are legit, they got on the great COB train when it was kicking off and supplied a whole lot of cree 3590s to a shit ton of folks on other forums. Some folks were even been resellers in the US and buying direct on mass from KB.
But last I looked the clone QB kits were not as cheap as that other clone QB seller, meiju or something.

I bought my drivers and heat sinks from KB back in the day, everything was legit and was quick delivery
I notice KB even sell empty boards that you can put your diodes in yourself for those with reflow equipment.
KB was just jerry when I first dealt with him, now he has a lot of folks working for him, he has done well and always has his eye on the ball for the latest trends in LED.
Also if you shop with him, ask for shit to be marked down in price on invoice, save you some tax dollars.
Growmau mentions KB in his DIY COB vid series, the price of heat sinks is what got my custom..

nu-be

Jerry @ Kingbrite was a good guy back in the days of COBs just coming on the scene, 4-5 years ago, but I don't know about the company today. Personally, if I was willing to risk buying from China, I'd go with the Meiju FOTOP 800 lm561c boards, 3 per 4x4 on an HLG 480. Buying in multiples of 6 saves on shipping.

However, I'd probably go with Samsung lm561c s6 3000k 42" strips, 6 per fixture, two fixtures per 4x4 if I was building right now. That's the cheapest, best spread, LED DIY option that comes with a warranty. And all the "enhanced spectrum" and UV and other bs is totally unnecessary until you have your grow perfectly dialed in, and even then it's arguably still a waste of money for the actual gains.

No matter what you do, do not buy the drivers from China. You won't get a warranty if you buy them there. Buy them local to you from Arrow or Digikey or similar.

As coreywebster said, always negotiate. Always.

Blaze

Really Active Member
Finally pulled the trigger and order from Kingbrite.
4ea QB288 250w 3500k w/epistar 660nm.
1ea QB288 125w 4000k.
Hung the 4000k but not the 3500k yet but hopefully soon. Lights were 3/4 assembled, i only mounted the driver then wire in the board and pot. Boards wired in parallel. Tested lights and they are good.
Easy communication through dm on IG and email with the sales person.
Total w/shipping. $760. shipping took 4 days to get here, China to Guam.