Killer A5 Haze and Red Hot Cookies

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
First time for these two strains. Killer A5 Haze from Ace Seeds and Red Hot Cookies from Sweet Seeds ( both through Seedsman). All seven seeds I started sprouted, but one of the A5s was pretty weak looking after having a rough time shedding it's seed shell so it got tossed. So down to 4 RCH and 2 of the Ka5h.

Links for strain information:

Here they are at about 1 week:

Attachments

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
So here are the young lassies at 7 weeks old on 5/25. All looking very compact, with short internodes and lots of branching going on.
In the front row, left to right are: the two Killer A5 Haze strains, looking quite different, and then one of the 4 Red Hot Cookies, the only one which has a slightly narrower leaf profile ( similar to the K5 Haze on the far left in front). The back row is all RHC.

I was expecting some lankier plants, so this short thing is interesting. We'll see what happens next - they'll be transplanted to their final container soon. I'm not sure how long to veg these so if anyone has any ideas or advice let it rip!

IMG_0699ss.jpg
The K5A with the narrower leaves:

IMG_0700_K5narrow.jpg

The wider leaved K5A:
IMG_0701_K5wide.jpg

The narrow-leaved Red Hot Cookies (#3):IMG_0702RHC3narrow.jpg

Right rear corner, RHC #4:

IMG_0703_RHC4.jpg

Middle rear RHC #2:IMG_0704_RHC2.jpg

RHC #1 ( note the lower branches almost as tall as the main stem):

IMG_0705_RHC1.jpg

Attachments

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
So finally put a few of these on 12 hrs. about a week ago. Here's the two Killer A5 Haze phenos, one much more sativa-ish looking than the other, but both with similar internode lengths and branching patterns - short and bushy. They were both topped a few weeks ago and yesterday I bent the top 4 branches down to make a flatter canopy.KillerA5Haze_Pheno1_0900.jpgKillerA5Haze_Pheno2.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
July 06 Update on the two A5 Killer Hazes, which I have cleverly named The Skinny Killer and The Fat Killer

They are quite different, to put it mildly.

The Skinny Killer is just starting to think maybe about someday flowering, while The Fat Killer is already making nice fat little buds of white pistils.

The Skinny Killer, looking oh-so old-school. This is what classic marijuana looks like. It's in for the long run, but I'm betting it will be amazing.IMG_1068.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1070.JPG

The Fat Killer, looking much more indica-ish and just starting to make an interesting aroma. Hardly any stretching, unlike it's mate. Ignore the Durban bud on the left trying to casually photo-bomb the scene.

Fat Haze 1_1072.jpgFat Haze 2_1073.jpg

Big Perm

Budtender
July 06 Update on the two A5 Killer Hazes, which I have cleverly named The Skinny Killer and The Fat Killer

They are quite different, to put it mildly.

The Skinny Killer is just starting to think maybe about someday flowering, while The Fat Killer is already making nice fat little buds of white pistils.

The Skinny Killer, looking oh-so old-school. This is what classic marijuana looks like. It's in for the long run, but I'm betting it will be amazing.View attachment 95510View attachment 95511View attachment 95514

The Fat Killer, looking much more indica-ish and just starting to make an interesting aroma. Hardly any stretching, unlike it's mate. Ignore the Durban bud on the left trying to casually photo-bomb the scene.

View attachment 95515View attachment 95516
Fat Killer is looking pretty nice!

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
July 18 Update - ( about 5 weeks of flowering )

The Fat Killer is looking and smelling fabulous, making fat buds on branches with nice short internodes. Very much like Limoncello Haze with a pungent lemony/rotting fruit aroma. Just added some support wires and rods yesterday as it looks like things are about to get heavy.

FatKillerJuly18_1103.jpgFatKillerJuly18_1104.jpgFatKillerJuly18_1107.jpg

The Skinny Killer got nuked, unfortunately. It was just getting too big and flowering too slow for my taste at this moment in time.

But that made some needed room for the remaining 3 Red Hot Cookie plants. 2 of them have very long internodes and are stupid looking so I am not even going to post images of them. One of them is very nice, though, with short internodes and rapidly growing chunky-ass buds with a nice mango smell. This was put into flower a week behind the A5 Killer Haze pair and is quickly catching up.

RHC1b_1089.jpgRHC1a_1096.jpg:

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
ACE seeds lists 4 phenotypes on their site. I am guessing the one I have called "Fat Killer" is this one:

NL/Haze pheno: This pheno shows a greater indica influence from the Northern Lights, and therefore a smaller size, faster flowering and lower flower/leaf ratio. It is also the most faithful to the characteristics of the original A5 Haze mother, producing rounded and very resinous flowers with a silver appearance, which produces characteristic horn-shaped reflowerings at the end of flowering. Incensed, meaty (liver) and organic (petals of decaying flowers) aromas. Flowering time: 66-80 days.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
August 1st Update

A sample bud from the lower branches of The Fat Killer (ACE Seeds Killer A5 Haze, the Northern Lights dominant pheno I kept), trimmed up a bit to avoid shadowing from the leaves. Big fat calyxes with dense fur. Very very heavy. I was tempted to cut it today, but decided to wait a bit. Smells wonderful, very typical haze aromas.

FAT_KILLER_AUG1_1188.jpg
Not to be outdone, my favorite from the three Red Hot Cookies phenos is looking equally amazing, but with a much fruiter candy-like aroma. Unlike the A5 which radiates a very strong smell, even if undisturbed, you really have to stick your nose in it or pinch it to get the full aroma.

Red_Hot_Cookies_1189.jpg

Last edited:

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Went for the Big Chop on August 05.

Hard to get a really good look at the plant with the trellis in the way. This was the day of the chop. I could have fit more into this space, but it was the only mother that I had of this pheno.
Last Shot Standing.jpg

Here's a closer look at a section of flower. Very furry! More pix to come...

Aug 06 A5 Closeupcc_1271[1].jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Some early test buds from the Red Hot Cookies lineup. These 3 branches were taken from similar positions on the three mothers.

Wet weight: #1-30g, #2-24g,#3-19g.

Of the three, the #3 has the most intense mango aroma by far - it really jumps out at you. The other two are more stealthy in the scent department. # 1 has the most purple/red coloration, but I don't think I got the true "red" pheno this time around.

3phenos_RHC_DSC01358.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
August 9 Red Hot Cookies Update

Trichomes on all three are mostly translucent with some clear heads still doing their thing. Another day passes.

(closeups were taken with a TOMLOV 7" LCD Digital Microscope)

Today's sample buds: Phenos 1, 2, and 3 left to right. 13g, 10g, 10g wet weight.

2500Aug 09 IMG_1289.jpg

Magnified views:

Number 1 ( two images):

1a_PICA0029.jpg

1b_PICA0049.jpg

Number 2 (two images):

PICA0038.jpg

PICA0052.jpg

Number 3 (two images):

PICA0043.jpg

PICA0044.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Red Hot Cookies Pheno #1 was cut down early this AM. Looking very furry! Has a traditional hash plant kind of smell mixed with a candy aroma, but not as mango-tangerine as the other two phenos which have smaller buds but more branches.

NumberOneRHC_trichomes_aging_PICA0018.jpg

NumberOneRHC_trichomes_aging_PICA0012.jpg

4 nice end colas like this from pruning the main stem once. This one is about 100g wet. It wasn't a huge plant.

NumberOneRHC_Cola_DSC01361.jpg

2500h_NumberOneRHC_DSC01362.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Cut the remaining two phenos, which look very similar - stacks of resin laden mini-foxtails - the main difference to be apparent in the terpene profile, with the #3 distinctly more mango-tangerine like while the #2 is more of a general candied fruit aroma.

#3 The Mango Tango

2500 Mango.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Another round of the A5 is finishing up nicely. About a week to go for this rack of 2 bushes. These got a bit taller than I like but are still staying mostly upright despite being 2 feet above the trellis. Probably going to wire up the taller branches for the last week. Great aroma from this strain, very pungent lemony/rotting fruit/flowers thing going on.

Haze2_2500_1790.jpgHaze2__1796.jpg