Just found some gems cleaning out my junk areas . Best way to germ old seeds ?

Bud Jones

Really Active Member
I tried to pop some of the Bog packs last year for an outdoor run .. I scuffed them with a match striker and soaked them in distilled water overnight and they still didn’t germ for me .. I’ll try the Urb natural I suppose . I have other packs for 2020 . I’m a bit frugal lol . The KC Brains Leda Uno night have some nice nice phenos if I can get em to pop .

Rollinbutch

I tried to pop some of the Bog packs last year for an outdoor run .. I scuffed them with a match striker and soaked them in distilled water overnight and they still didn’t germ for me .. I’ll try the Urb natural I suppose . I have other packs for 2020 . I’m a bit frugal lol . The KC Brains Leda Uno night have some nice nice phenos if I can get em to pop .
how old are they and how were they stored? storage can make a huge difference on whether or not old seeds will pop.

Bud Jones

Really Active Member
how old are they and how were they stored? storage can make a huge difference on whether or not old seeds will pop.
The Bog might be 6 or seven years old . They were in a prescription bottle with rice and a desiccant in the crisper bin . Might be a bad batch but I’m determined . There is a strawberry Pheno in those packs that’s a true 45 day beast .. Dank herb for sure . I’m bound and determined to pop some before I reach for my wallet lol .

Last edited:

Rollinbutch

The Bog might be 6 or seven years old . They were in a prescription bottle with rice and a desiccant in the crisper bin . Might be a bad batch but I’m determined . There is a strawberry Pheno in those packs that’s a true 45 day beast .. Dank herb for sure . I’m bound and determined to pop some before I reach for my wallet lol .
I aspire to have that kinda self control. Right now I have enough seeds to last me probably 2 lifetimes and I still buy more almost weekly haha somethings wrong with me

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
URB natural for older seed germination...thanks for the commentary fellas!

Any info. on the methods used, re: dilution rates, how long to soak, etc. would be much appreciated.

I usually use the prescuff and damp paper towel method for normal germination.

mjw42

I do a scuff...then soak in DI water mixed with store bought H2O2 (20:1) for 12hrs. Supposedly this helps soften the husk and kills bacteria. Dump that and reapply DI water with URB or Recharge for another 12-24hrs or until you see a tail. Then into seed starter soil. If no tail goto the paper towel. Don't want to drown them. Light Warrior soil always worked well for me.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I do a scuff...then soak in DI water mixed with store bought H2O2 (20:1) for 12hrs. Supposedly this helps soften the husk and kills bacteria. Dump that and reapply DI water with URB or Recharge for another 12-24hrs or until you see a tail. Then into seed starter soil. If no tail goto the paper towel. Don't want to drown them. Light Warrior soil always worked well for me.
What is the mixture for a seed soak with urb natural? How long is the mix good for?

I AM

I wish i would have saw this before i went all out on 18+ seeds. Damn it. Thanks for the info.