Just found 4 of these on my girl

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I stay in NE oklahoma and to say its buggy here is an understatement lol i picked em off but 2 grows down this is my first insect problem ever, coincedence that i got em 2 weeks after having my soil bonsai project in the same tent???

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
They are common where I live. Been finding them last couple weeks. They make their way to the top of the plant eventually like 90% of critters on plants. Everything is "seasonal" if you are messing outdoors and indoors. It's the risk you take when moving plants back and forth. They are easy to spot. Other critters are 2x's worse. They are on a "microscopic" level and stay undetected until you are in 4 or 5 weeks of flower. When growers start noticing the affects of infestations that they stopped spraying or treating for. Hard to eliminate all. You will still get patches of survivors. So look closely, you might see 1 or 2 leaves hidden down low for example. That's all it takes, if left unnoticed to for a long flowering plant.
It's a battle the rest of the way or end up cutting early to save what you got.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
The plants i found em on are my next 2 goin into the flower room lol setting up the scrog as we speak, i picked em off and dont see anymore, had to have come from a moth somewhere, i still havent found what it is. First bug in a year and a half lol i was lucky i guess 😭😭😭

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
I have had 2 different little basterds on my out doors plants little brown fuckers
and one that's nice and green hard to spot every morning I go out with the dogs
I look and every morning I pick a few off. the little brown ones are the worst
bad year for them I think mine are coming down from the oak tree in my yard
wind takes them things any where they want good luck hope you don't have any
big issues with them

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Look over all the leaves, especially any that are rolled or bent over. It's a moth in the third stage. Insecticidal soap or a homemade soap mix kills them dead. Diatomaceous Earth on the top of the dirt to stop any additional generations in your dirt from taking their place.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Well hell yea, thanks for that and i live in an oak forest so probably where mine are coming from too, and the rolled over leaves are what i spotted instantly he had webbed a new top closed basically, i pinched everything it had touched, no way im gonna lose em, just really got me curious as to where it came from, only had soil in there for about 11 days, guess that was long enough 😠😠😠

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Yup appears to be a leaf roller larvae. Check with your local/state ag dept or college extension for an ID on the particular type. Other than the soap, and Diatomaceous earth previously mentioned, BT (bacillus thurengensis ) is safe and effective if you catch them early. Horticultural oil or Neem oil may also be a safe option. Check undersides of leaves as well for eggs. They probably came from outside however.

the force is strong with this jedi, beat me to it ;)

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
That makes sense it rolled the leaves up like little cigars lol gonna try and get to the hydro store today if not ill check the local big box stores, and thanks a bunch for the educated replys i sincerely appreciate it 🖒🖒🖒

jpcyan

Really Active Member
I've cultured BTi (just how successfully without a good microscope is unknown.) It did work so it was at least active. I use it for fungus gnats and mosquito larvae. The gnats in pots/soil mix indoors, and the mosquito larvae in my rain catches or standing water areas in the surrounding woods. It doesnt kill fast/instantly but the bacteria is pretty effective used multiple times and consistently in problem areas. (rain barrels etc).

Want to edit to say many horticultural oils, besides Neem are petroleum based and not suggested. Others such as cedar are good.
The Monterey BT is good stuff fme.