Joining the dark side

simple_man

So as I’m unpatiently searching for the right house I’m also thinking about the grand scheme of my future room.

Ultimately I plan on running three 4x4 trays in three week intervals perpetually. I’ve done this years ago in soil and it really was a pain in the ass back then and I now have no movement in my right wrist/ limited in my left from a motorcycle accident so I’m looking to simplify the process by going flood and drain.

My question, is a chiller needed when running f&d in a room with ambient air temps of 79-81? I understand in hydro you want the res at 65-70f to avoid root rot problems but I’m also reading that you don’t need to worry about it with f&d as long as your flood cycle is under 20 mins long. If I need to buy a few chillers so be it but if I can avoid the expense I’m all over it.

Just looking to have all my gear ready and waiting so the day we close on a house I can get a electrician in to do his magic so I can do mine 😏

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
So as I’m unpatiently searching for the right house I’m also thinking about the grand scheme of my future room.

Ultimately I plan on running three 4x4 trays in three week intervals perpetually. I’ve done this years ago in soil and it really was a pain in the ass back then and I now have no movement in my right wrist/ limited in my left from a motorcycle accident so I’m looking to simplify the process by going flood and drain.

My question, is a chiller needed when running f&d in a room with ambient air temps of 79-81? I understand in hydro you want the res at 65-70f to avoid root rot problems but I’m also reading that you don’t need to worry about it with f&d as long as your flood cycle is under 20 mins long. If I need to buy a few chillers so be it but if I can avoid the expense I’m all over it.

Just looking to have all my gear ready and waiting so the day we close on a house I can get a electrician in to do his magic so I can do mine 😏
No chiller needed @Dustjesus