Jewels.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Been Jewels for a while. I had a write up on point light sources and reflector efficiencies on Rosemans bubbleponics site, under 'jiffymarkers'; that seems to have disappeared.
I will stick with Jewels.
Made an ass of myself across the entire interwebs with that handle. I plan on keeping it up.

Got lots of ideas. Some are bad ones,,,that is where you guys come in. Save me from myself.

Started a grow journal, there is nothing in it.
Sorry , to ruin the surprise.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Thanks folks, I have a few girls behind me at this point. I am always reading and looking to learn new things.
Coming from an aquarium background , I have some fun toys, and I don't mind sharing my discoveries with the other kids.
I am a DIY guy and I don't mind spending hours and hours constructing things just to see how they work, and end up using them for all of 5 minutes.
My last bucket system also used four sites, although every site was a slightly different layout.
Some buckets were more successful than others. Four plants , all sharing everything ( space, light, temp, nutes, water) the only difference was the four unique netpots, water flow rate, and drainage configuration. All had different results.
The first victim died of soggy bum disease. I think the water level was too high. I literally decapitated it when I actually yanked off the crown when I was inspecting bud sets in the third week. One plant died a slow death and was done by the 5th week of flowering. That particular site had the lowest amount of water circulation, it did not recover from a sustained water temperature rise.
Plant number three was not a producer. I believe there was not enough circulation through the root ball. It never fattened up and began to yellow from the bottom up, around week 6.
The fourth plant was a monumental success. Started from seed, it was mainlined for 4 months and grew piles of fatty colas. Jan 17th to July 2nd. I do have suspicions it was throttling the other plants to death when I was not around. I am finished drying it and will weigh it up later today. I think there will be over 6 ounces on that thing.

I see some weak points in almost every Rdwc system online. I believe I have addressed these shortcomings with my new harebrained ideas.
I have some clever lo-tech features built into my new recirc'ing buckets. I am excited to share them. More oxygen, less investment. Nothing gimmicky, just incorporating a few proven strategies that have kept my fish healthy, my floor dry, and helped get me this far.

I am starting from scratch so it will be some time before my journal has anything nice to show.

Also,
I think I saw my distant Uncle wandering around the back 40. He is possibly autistic and certainly armed. If anyone comes across his trap line, let him know I have my ears on.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks folks, I have a few girls behind me at this point. I am always reading and looking to learn new things.
Coming from an aquarium background , I have some fun toys, and I don't mind sharing my discoveries with the other kids.
I am a DIY guy and I don't mind spending hours and hours constructing things just to see how they work, and end up using them for all of 5 minutes.
My last bucket system also used four sites, although every site was a slightly different layout.
Some buckets were more successful than others. Four plants , all sharing everything ( space, light, temp, nutes, water) the only difference was the four unique netpots, water flow rate, and drainage configuration. All had different results.
The first victim died of soggy bum disease. I think the water level was too high. I literally decapitated it when I actually yanked off the crown when I was inspecting bud sets in the third week. One plant died a slow death and was done by the 5th week of flowering. That particular site had the lowest amount of water circulation, it did not recover from a sustained water temperature rise.
Plant number three was not a producer. I believe there was not enough circulation through the root ball. It never fattened up and began to yellow from the bottom up, around week 6.
The fourth plant was a monumental success. Started from seed, it was mainlined for 4 months and grew piles of fatty colas. Jan 17th to July 2nd. I do have suspicions it was throttling the other plants to death when I was not around. I am finished drying it and will weigh it up later today. I think there will be over 6 ounces on that thing.

I see some weak points in almost every Rdwc system online. I believe I have addressed these shortcomings with my new harebrained ideas.
I have some clever lo-tech features built into my new recirc'ing buckets. I am excited to share them. More oxygen, less investment. Nothing gimmicky, just incorporating a few proven strategies that have kept my fish healthy, my floor dry, and helped get me this far.

I am starting from scratch so it will be some time before my journal has anything nice to show.

Also,
I think I saw my distant Uncle wandering around the back 40. He is possibly autistic and certainly armed. If anyone comes across his trap line, let him know I have my ears on.
We like pics....even if they are older lol

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar

Also,
Hey!! My nephew lol. You made it. This is where us loons belong. Welcome aboard and glad to have another Canuck 🇨🇦

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Welcome to paradise....make a hydrored flood and drain in the DIY section and all your plants can thrive.

This is a great place and there are a ton of Canucks...:D

Talking at work about the weed you are growing in your room....well that is about as Canadian as it gets now and everyone wants to see bud shots at work :D

Last edited: