January photo of the month contest

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Fuck. I bet I'm doing this wrong too... Am I only supposed to like the one I think is best? How does this work?
The way we do it here is kind of weird and I think it should change. People "like" all the photos they like and then the top ones go for a final vote. The problem with this is people who enter late usually don't get enough votes to move on. I think people should just post their photo for the contest and then, at the end of the month, a poll should be created to vote on every photo submitted. To make it even more fair, only the name of the strain should be in the list, because then people wouldn't just vote for people they like and they would be voting on the actual photo.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
The way we do it here is kind of weird and I think it should change. People "like" all the photos they like and then the top ones go for a final vote. The problem with this is people who enter late usually don't get enough votes to move on. I think people should just post their photo for the contest and then, at the end of the month, a poll should be created to vote on every photo submitted. To make it even more fair, only the name of the strain should be in the list, because then people wouldn't just vote for people they like and they would be voting on the actual photo.
I like this, although I get that it's a bit more work.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There could be a photo entry period for the first three weeks, then entry-closed/voting-open from then to the end of the month. *

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
I’m down with that

Why can't we just select a vote from what has been displayed thus far? No need to break it down, only 8 entries right.
I'm ready to vote!
Hmmmm.... I say seed these elite 8 that are left by the number of likes they got, set up threads with polls and pics minus the names and then let all the chuckers vote on who they think should move on to the next round then just single eliminate all the way to a January photo of the month contest Champion.
Printable-Elite-Eights Chuckers.jpg

Last edited:

Opie1

Master Grower
Why can't we just select a vote from what has been displayed thus far? No need to break it down, only 8 entries right.
I'm ready to vote!
I meant after this one is over, starting next month.
I think PMing the photos will cause a lot of people not to even realize the contest is going on.
They’d know it when one of you guys started a thread and posted the pics. It wouldn’t be much different than how it is now.